Thread: Black Desert

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The discussion has no point, you're trying to compare WoW and BDO when BDO has far more p2w in it.
    I'm not comparing WoW to BDO. I'm using WoW as example of the same elements that in BDO are magically called p2w. Consistency is my goal. Either WoW is p2w along with BDO or neither is p2w.

There's no p2w in BDO. FYI.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

LOL all BDO bosses are basically tank and spank. Killing them is easy as fuck. The only difficulty is getting the good loot which only top DPS get ( which is retarded as Warrior is nowhere near the damage of other classes ).
    So I take you also see WoW as P2W? Because what's the difference between buying carries on wow and that? The buyer doesn't really have to put in effort in acquiring the item.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can buy gold on the BDO website? Looks like you can.

With that gold you can buy all of the best gear on the AH?

P2W is when you don't even have to do any content, if you pay for a raid spot, you're doing the content and it's also not a WoW service. You can't buy the best gear on the AH, nowhere close to the best gear.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2016-08-18 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    So I take you also see WoW as P2W? Because what's the difference between buying carries on wow and that? The buyer doesn't really have to put in effort in acquiring the item.
    This has been answered many times already but... In bdo the "end game" is world pvp where having gear gives you a significant advantage over other players since the game is gear based and not skill based.

In WoW the only purpose of gear is for progressing into the next tier. Skipping the progression by buying the gear doesn't win you anything, nor does it make it possible for you to disenfranchise other players and ruin their enjoyment in the way that it does in BDO.

The games are apples and oranges, and so is buying gear in either of them.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    P2W is when you don't even have to do any content.
    That has nothing to do with p2w.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That has nothing to do with p2w.
    Can you answer my first 2 questions?

P2W is when you can aquire the best gear without doing anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you answer my first 2 questions?
    Your questions were answered a page ago.

But to iterate. You cannot buy in-game currency with money.
    You can buy comsetic items with money
    Put them up on AH to try to sell for in-game currency with a limited price range
    Then you can try to use that in-game currency to buy gear on AH - if it's available.
    Then you'll have to buy many many many many upgrades for it.

The alternative is to do it the way that gear SELLERS do. Apparently it is so easy that anyone can buy all the gear they need on AH at any time. The question is - what is all the fuss about if it's so easy to get gear by usual means?

P2W is when you can aquire the best gear without doing anything.
    No it is not. I already explained what p2w is.

There's no p2w in BDO. FYI.
    There's plenty.

- - - Updated - - -

That you still have to do the raid to get them. The raid is difficult. BDO's bosses are a joke.

There's plenty.

- - - Updated - - -

That you still have to do the raid to get them. The raid is difficult. BDO's bosses are a joke.
    Oh please, it's harder to be able to get a piece of armor through the Marketplace on BDO than it is to follow 24 organized raiders around and see them fight. If you are purchasing carries in which you have to pull your weight you are being ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    This has been answered many times already but... In bdo the "end game" is world pvp where having gear gives you a significant advantage over other players since the game is gear based and not skill based.

In WoW the only purpose of gear is for progressing into the next tier. Skipping the progression by buying the gear doesn't win you anything, nor does it make it possible for you to disenfranchise other players and ruin their enjoyment in the way that it does in BDO.

The games are apples and oranges, and so is buying gear in either of them.
    Gear significantly increases player power in both games. So I don't know what you are talking about.

Gear significantly increases player power in both games. So I don't know what you are talking about.
    You can just reread the post you quoted, cause the reasons why the two games are apples and oranges is right in there.

You can just reread the post you quoted, cause the reasons why the two games are apples and oranges is right in there.
    And, during my time on WoW, I was ganked and outdpsed by people with better gear than I had. That's kinda how these games works.

And, during my time on WoW, I was ganked and outdpsed by people with better gear than I had. That's kinda how these games works.
    You can't get ganked in a raid, and being top dps isn't winning wow. Killing the bosses and getting through the content is. End game content in wow is raiding and instanced pvp, neither of which are remotely comparable to BDO's endgame which is world pvp and node capture.

Imagine if open world pvp was the end game in wow, and you had to fight someone in top gear from the current raid that they bought and all you have is some questing and dungeon gear. That's the model BDO is built upon.

15+ Year Old Account
    They've already scuffed their already rocky reputation by putting the game in a grey area regarding P2W. Whether it is, or it isn't is irrelevant as I've said before, because everyone's definition of Pay to Win is different. What matters is how many people consider the game to have become too close to P2W, and whether or not that has a negative effect on server population. It is not very much fun for some people to play an MMO where there's hardly anybody around. At that point, there are several more robust, polished RPGs out there that are single-player which people can enjoy.

You can't get ganked in a raid, and being top dps isn't winning wow. Killing the bosses and getting through the content is. End game content in wow is raiding and instanced pvp, neither of which are remotely comparable to BDO's endgame which is world pvp and node capture.

Imagine if open world pvp was the end game in wow, and you had to fight someone in top gear from the current raid that they bought and all you have is some questing and dungeon gear. That's the model BDO is built upon.
    Winning is subjective to each individual's personal goals. The moment you stop assuming everyone plays for the same reasons as you, the easier it'll be.

Winning is subjective to each individual's personal goals. The moment you stop assuming everyone plays for the same reasons as you, the easier it'll be.
    The game is designed the way it is designed.

Someone can decide winning is whatever they want it to be within whatever the game allows, but the games ultimate goals haven't changed. The moment you realize that, the easier it'll be for you to understand this whole conversation.

The game is designed the way it is designed.

Someone can decide winning is whatever they want it to be within whatever the game allows, but the games ultimate goals haven't changed. The moment you realize that, the easier it'll be for you to understand this whole conversation.
    But that's exactly how it is.

It's very easy to be an active and engaging player in BDO and not even once seek what you claim to be the "end-game" and, can very well instead, seek to be the top of any of the many possible activities in that game.

Just like on WoW "winning" doesn't have to necessarily be raiding.

So if BDO's possibility of purchasing gear, through a series of steps, makes it P2W, then WoW (And any other games that holds an official in-game currency purchasing system, really) is P2W as well. Which is ridiculous in my opinion.

We're honestly just gonna keep going in circles there friend.

Oh please, it's harder to be able to get a piece of armor through the Marketplace on BDO than it is to follow 24 organized raiders around and see them fight. If you are purchasing carries in which you have to pull your weight you are being ripped off.
    You can't be scammed on the Marketplace.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't be scammed on the Marketplace.
    You can. Monopoly overpricing.

You can. Monopoly overpricing.
    That's not a scam. You'll get your item. Buying a boost doesn't guarantee it. Hell you can't even guarantee the warglaives would drop.

Stop trying, this isn't a fight you can win.