Thread: GG (Not) EZ?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Come on dude, those don't exist, that's why Blizzard needs to censor specific words.

Oh wait... They do exist, so this is just literally treating players like toddlers who can't handle words without being triggered to death.
    I don't quite grasp how wanting the put controls on the community to keep it from devolving a cesspool like the DOTA2 or CoD crowd is "bad". I, as well as Blizzard, have a vested interest in the community not becoming a bitter and hostile mess. I play the game, my interest in the matter is entirely self-interest as I don't find people behaving like angry adolescents to make a very enjoyable gaming experience. Blizzard sells the game, their interest is also self-interest as a repulsive community will reduce their ability to profit from the game.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2016-08-18 at 07:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion. What you are not entitled to is protection from the consequences of breaching the contract you agreed to, so behave as you will. At the end of the day I'll be the one still playing, while you'll be banned or silenced as a consequence of your own poor conduct.

Saying EZ is not a breach of contract

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    It can be, if you'd bothered to read the contract you would've noticed that they can ban you for reasons other than specific explicit language.
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can ban you for literally anything, so your argument would be just as valid if somebody was banned for saying "I love Blizzard products and peace is the way forward for humanity"
    Not really, my argument is predicated on their interest in stamping out negative behaviors.

Look at it this way, would you rather be silenced/banned or have your intentionally inflammatory remark changed into something that isn't going to have a negative effect on the emotional state of any of the other 11 players in the match?
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2016-08-18 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on dude, those don't exist, that's why Blizzard needs to censor specific words.

Oh wait... They do exist, so this is just literally treating players like toddlers who can't handle words without being triggered to death.
    So instead they shouldn't do this, because people like you are "triggered" over not being able to say "GG EZ"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    Blizzard's code of conduct, binding under the EULA that you agreed to using Battle.net and any related service (including Overwatch); https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...ngame-policies

"You may not use language that could be offensive or vulgar to others."

If someone's offended by you saying "GG EZ", you're breaking the code of conduct, and Blizzard can take action against your account.

- - - Updated - - -

I think people are a little confused here... This does NOTHING to stop toxic players or remove them from the community... all it does is make it so people can't see mean words. That's literally all it does. So stop acting like this is some huge accomplishment.
    I'm pretty sure most of us just think it's funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I'm annoyed that Blizzard is treating it's players like toddlers, and you can still say gg ez, you are just being a silly goose. The problem with censorship as a solution in the first place is it's SOOO easy to bypass.
    If someone is saying "gg ez" in the first place I think treating them like a toddler is an appropriate response.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I'm annoyed that Blizzard is treating it's players like toddlers, and you can still say gg ez, you are just being a silly goose. The problem with censorship as a solution in the first place is it's SOOO easy to bypass.
    This isn't really about silencing anyone. The entire point of having it change what they're saying is to turn it back around on them, when they could have just prevented the message being sent.

The entire point of changing their words is to be funny. If they're treating anyone like "toddlers", it's those people who spam GG EZ in the first place. Sure, you'll be able to get around it, but it was already the absolute laziest way for people to be pricks, and it was pretty rampant. People who are that lazily offensive will end up inadvertently mocking themselves a few times, and then either raging and getting slapped for it, or just cutting it out.

Tbh I find winners spamming gg wp more annoying than gg ez. At least there is a bit of humor in ez.

mocking people in a game is childish to begin with, sooooo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If someone's offended by you saying "GG EZ", you're breaking the code of conduct, and Blizzard can take action against your account.
    Especially since the term "GG EZ" or just "EZ" is meant to PURPOSELY insult the enemy team. It's whole point
    is saying, "You guys weren't good, you guys sucked, thanks for the free game."

Which is toxic/offensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Tbh I find winners spamming gg wp more annoying than gg ez. At least there is a bit of humor in ez.
    What? You find good sportsmanship to be annoying, and poor sportsmanship funny?

No, it's not the sportsmanship. It just annoys me when people are silent after losing, yet quickly type gg wp after winning to the other team. I have a friend that does this and it annoys me to no end. He doesn't seem to be aware of any wrongdoing though, as I'm sure neither are many others.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they feel it will result in more people playing the game then it is something they will do, simple as that.

It still is sad to see so many people happy about it or defending it on moral terms. If you are on the internet and someone taunting you with 'ggez' upsets you, you need to go offline.

The winners saying gg isn't good sportsmanship, the losers saying it is. Winners, especially in a stomp, saying gg doesn't show any particularly impressive moral character- of course winning makes you feel like a game was good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zechz View Post
    If they feel it will result in more people playing the game then it is something they will do, simple as that.

It still is sad to see so many people happy about it or defending it on moral terms. If you are on the internet and someone taunting you with 'ggez' upsets you, you need to go offline.
    I'd agree if someone were remarking this with regards to 4chan or any other similarly corrosive community, which is kind of the point. Things like this help create boundaries between communities, defining what is acceptable in each one helps make it easier for people to seek out the community they want to interact with. I don't want 4chan to bleed over into any of the Blizzard games, if I wanted to deal with 4chan I'd simply go to 4chan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    GG is just a sign of good sportsmanship it's the EZ part that is the problem.
    I think it has to do with intent and tone. Very rarely does someone say just "GG" and mean it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I think it has to do with intent and tone. Very rarely does someone say just "GG" and mean it.
    That's pretty much exactly why I don't use "GG" basically ever.

If I really want to thank my opponents for a good game, I'll take 5 seconds and type something out. "Geez, that was close. Great game, folks." That's like 2 seconds. There is no circumstance where my respect for my opponents will be high enough to want to praise them but impatient enough that that respect deserves less than 2 seconds of my life.

If you say "GG" every game, chances are you don't mean it. Like when kids shake hands after a sports match, most of them look surly and annoyed, because they don't MEAN it. It's rote.

"GG" has no issue.

It's polite to say "gg" when a match is over, and "hf" or even "gl hf" at the start...

why are people getting triggered by this?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    "GG" has no issue.

It's polite to say "gg" when a match is over, and "hf" or even "gl hf" at the start...

why are people getting triggered by this?
    Have fun and good luck is fine, because that's just polite. But if the winner says "GG", it does come of as smugness. If the LOSER on the other hand says GG, it changes the dynamic.
    I don't mind it, but if you had a SHITTY as fuck game because you played badly, it's going to sting a little no matter what if the other side says GG or "GG EZ".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's pretty much exactly why I don't use "GG" basically ever.

If I really want to thank my opponents for a good game, I'll take 5 seconds and type something out. "Geez, that was close. Great game, folks." That's like 2 seconds. There is no circumstance where my respect for my opponents will be high enough to want to praise them but impatient enough that that respect deserves less than 2 seconds of my life.

If you say "GG" every game, chances are you don't mean it. Like when kids shake hands after a sports match, most of them look surly and annoyed, because they don't MEAN it. It's rote.
    Rote - mechanical or habitual repetition of something to be learned.

Thanks for the word of the day!