Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Top raiding healers in Legion?

What are your guys thoughts on the best healing specs for Legion?

Right now from what I'm seeing Hpally, RDruid, and RSham seem to be at the top for raiding. They provide HPS and great utility.

For Mythic+ dungeons, I'd say the ones with mobility/CC are doing well like Rsham, MW, and RDru.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    What are your guys thoughts on the best healing specs for Legion?

Right now from what I'm seeing Hpally, RDruid, and RSham seem to be at the top for raiding. They provide HPS and great utility.

For Mythic+ dungeons, I'd say the ones with mobility/CC are doing well like Rsham, MW, and RDru.
    I'm personally playing a restoration shaman, and I feel like a god against my healing partners. The resto druid is close/beats me on some fights, but I think restoration shamans, just for the increase to HP alone, will be essential in most raids come Legion.

♪♬ An Karanir Thanagor ♬♪

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veelia11 View Post
    I'm personally playing a restoration shaman, and I feel like a god against my healing partners. The resto druid is close/beats me on some fights, but I think restoration shamans, just for the increase to HP alone, will be essential in most raids come Legion.
    Yep, I tried out my MW, RSham, and RDruid and the RSham definitely had the best healing kit out of them all. They have spells that makes them great raid healers as well as some of the best utility, CC, and mobility. It's unfortunate that their other 2 specs suck though.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Deleted
    Yep, I tried out my MW, RSham, and RDruid and the RSham definitely had the best healing kit out of them all. They have spells that makes them great raid healers as well as some of the best utility, CC, and mobility. It's unfortunate that their other 2 specs suck though.
    They don't suck. It's probably just you but personally, I find all 3 specs of the shaman fun.

Shame though, I'll be maining a holy paladin. At least the 1st tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    They don't suck. It's probably just you but personally, I find all 3 specs of the shaman fun.

Shame though, I'll be maining a holy paladin. At least the 1st tier.
    No, it's literally everyone playing them in raids. They are subpar right now.

I personally tested 4(5). Druid, Shaman, Paladin, and Priest(both). I felt really all of them were pretty strong healers minus Disc priest but they also brought pretty decent damage. Druid seems to do pretty well 'chart' wise because HoTs are a lot more effective with the collapse of absorb blankets and have really good utility and movement. Shaman and Paladin do some really rock solid healing imo. Holy Priest is plenty good but just feels bland to me (subjective opinion). I think all of the healers will have their place come legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would you qualify a disc priest? Does that spec need to have very strong healers to the side or can they stand on their own with weaker healers (under this I do not mean class, but more of a player)?

15+ Year Old Account
    enhancement is awesome

I have very good sources from a top 10 raiding guild who tells me they're going to play 4x holy priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    How would you qualify a disc priest? Does that spec need to have very strong healers to the side or can they stand on their own with weaker healers (under this I do not mean class, but more of a player)?
    you justify disc priest by doing as much healing as your co-healers, having amazing burst healing and doing free dps?

btw, why it is a problem if a healer -requires- other healers to cover it's tracks?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    I have very good sources from a top 10 raiding guild who tells me they're going to play 4x holy priests.
    what an epic meme matey

I think MW is the best healer in Legion personally. Tons of movement and amazing burst healing.

I think the fact that everyone says something different here proves that all healers are extremely close and all bring something very strong in legion raiding. I'm sure there will be niches that develop as we learn what the really hard bosses end up being but in terms of general progression play what you love.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ele maybe, Enhance is still great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    I think MW is the best healer in Legion personally. Tons of movement and amazing burst healing.
    How is their sustainability? Do they start with a bang and end with a whimper? I don't know, I've never played a monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I think the fact that everyone says something different here proves that all healers are extremely close and all bring something very strong in legion raiding. I'm sure there will be niches that develop as we learn what the really hard bosses end up being but in terms of general progression play what you love.
    this is the correct post in this thread.

I mean, the very fact you're asking mmo-champion of all places on "healer balance" very well means you don't raid at a high enough level where utility actually matters.

Not the absolute best =/= "subpar"

Holy and Disc priests are fine. This whole "disc sucks" meme needs to die.

This isn't Vanilla. There are no "bad" classes or specs, unless you're pushing for top-100 world Mythic kills, or going for 2300+ arena/RBG rating.

All of the healers are good. None of them are "subpar".

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    before the nerf sure, but not anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    needs to stay melee a lot

This is a nice video, although its been posted a month ago you can take words from them since they are a top guild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwa0RO5ua_A

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    This is a nice video, although its been posted a month ago you can take words from them since they are a top guild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwa0RO5ua_A
    That video has a bit of incorrect info in it, such as claiming that Mistweaver isn't classified as melee...but they are.

Don't believe things just because a "top guild" said it. Even so, didn't Method break up and most of its good raiders form a new guild?

And again, the whole "there are no bad classes/specs unless you're pushing to be in the top 0.5%" thing applies.

But sadly, people are going to take this video as law and start having bias against Disc/Mistweaver. Bleh.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-08-19 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    That video has a bit of incorrect info in it, such as claiming that Mistweaver isn't classified as melee...but they are.

Don't believe things just because a "top guild" said it. Even so, didn't Method break up and most of its good raiders form a new guild?

And again, the whole "there are no bad classes/specs unless you're pushing to be in the top 0.5%" thing applies.

But sadly, people are going to take this video as law and start having bias against Disc/Mistweaver. Bleh.
    no sorry thats incorrect for most, at least from what I've seen in previous expansions. An average player will perform much better with some specs/classes other than others.

Yes e.g you can have a very good player that takes disc to another level and is able to heal mythic+ nicely etc, but from what I get the average joe will have issues healing those dungeons with disc while with e.g a resto druid will do much better.

Disc has great burst AoE healing, so Druid probably complements them the most? Others are jack of all trades.