ARENA 14: Satomi Rentarō [Ayasaki Hayate]
    ARENA 15: Emiya Kiritsugu [Abstained] Kraft Lawrence
    ARENA 16: [Natsume Takashi] Dio Brando
    ARENA 17: [Nishikawa Yōko] Uraraka Ochako
    ARENA 18: [Kuramoto Chinatsu] Munetani Mashiro

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    hype!

15+ Year Old Account
    Danganronpa Despair 06 - tfw it turns out the anime you're watching was literally an anime created by a character in-universe the entire time
    not confirmed yet but it definitely seems likely

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Was only home for sleep yesterday so late reply.

You know you could say stuff like that right away instead of carelessly throwing out a shit-tier post that holds no substance whatsoever. Reminds me of how low the common level of discussion in here is?
    That's funny because that's that's basically what I said all along. It's cool though, because it kinda sucks when someone shits on something you like. Also, it's not like my R:Z posts are any different than your posts regarding Shigatsu or Yahari.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, now talking about Bleach.

Where the fuck are Isshin and Ryuken? They went to the SS help with the Quincy's invasion and after the time-skip there's no sign of them whatsoever? What the fuck?
    Where are Urahara and Yoruichi? Why wouldn't they be together with the main characters watching Chad's fight? Are they back to the SS? Are they still at Urahara's shop?
    What about the Hollows? Grimmjow, Nelliel and Hallibel all appeared not long ago and were forgotten again without many appearances.

Chad turning into a fucking boxer? Wasn't Chad the guy who loved everyone and just wanted to protect people? Hating violence unless necessary?

Why would fucking Chad turn into a professional fighter and fight for entertainment? He's literally the single character that wouldn't do this.

Now the pairings. I'm immensely happy that Orihime could finally be together with Ichigo and they even had a kid. But where the fuck did RenjiRukia come up from? They never once showed any kind of romance between them and now they simply appear with a daughter?

How can spirits even have a daughter? AND HOW THE FUCKING FUCK IS SHE AS OLD AS ICHIGO'S AND INOUE'S SON WHEN SPIRITS/SHINIGAMIS ARE SUPPOSED TO AGE SLOWLY AS FUCK? This shit doesn't make any sense.

I won't even go about how it was incredibly dumb for Aizen to simply be imprisoned again. Who could even put him back into that "prison"? The guy is a literal monster and the fucking last boss was only defeated because Aizen trolled him with his Zampakutou like the old days. It would've made much more sense if he simply became the soul king since they wouldn't find a better use for someone with near infinite reiatsu.

Talking about Aizen... The guy is so ridiculously troll that Bleach ended and we couldn't see his Bankai. But Yoruichi is the real god here, she hasn't even used her Shikai yet.

So many unsatisfying points, it's absolutely ridiculous how Jump didn't give at least a double chapter for Kubo to finish Bleach. I'm still trying to get over Unohana's death, that was simply pointless.

686 normal chapters, 2 spin-offs and 12 negative chapters so we ended with 700 just like Naruto... Hard to think it wasn't planned, but it felt rushed as fuck.

More importantly, Ichigo ended with hottest girl and Karin has big boobs now. Kubo also wrote an incest reference between Yuzu and Ichigo and also trolled Chad with the "who'd think he'd be the most famous between us" line. The manga ending with a "Humm?!" was also a lot Kubo-like.

We can only wonder how this shit was supposed to end, I don't think the last chapter would be that different but the building for it sure would if Kubo could drag this shit for some more time. It's his own fault though, so many chapters wasted on white backgrounds and single line of text panels. Every single one of them felt incredibly short and lacking, you need to add 10 Bleach chapters to get to the same level of subject of a single chapter of mangas like One Piece, Chihayafuru or even HxH.

Well, at least I've got Ichihime. Because almost everything else was pure shit.

arguing semantics is fun

15+ Year Old Account
    I sort of understand why someone might not post in detail about why they don't like a certain show, because oftentimes it ends up creating a shitstorm. While sometimes the discussions in this thread are worthwhile most of the time they aren't, and they usually end up being hostile. I've been in enough of them to know this by now.

You could argue that if they aren't going to explain why they don't like the show they shouldn't say anything, but that's dumb. This is a chat thread. You can call it shitposting if you want but there's really nothing wrong with just casually leaving your thoughts and moving on.

Also goriq I'm pretty sure you've done the same as Sj in the past, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Confirmed cutest Wall-E
    [video=youtube;to8yh83jlXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to8yh83jlXg[video]
    This was the best one yet. The PTSD part was great.

The thread would be a better place if you all accepted me as your anime messiah. My first order of business would be to destroy Japan. Gone would the days of shitty Chinese cartoons molesting the poor unsuspecting fools who are exposed to them. And then there's you guys. You enjoy it. I take it back, I don't want you as my followers.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm on my phone so I'd rather not search, but if you find a non pdf version you can just use the calibre software to convert it. I use it to convert stuff into proper formats for my kindle, and its wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I'm on my phone so I'd rather not search, but if you find a non pdf version you can just use the calibre software to convert it. I use it to convert stuff into proper formats for my kindle, and its wonderful
    Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost forgot to post this:

BTTH (3yr agreement part) I'm surprised he didn't use their face to get out rather than force, something along the lines of "holding him back because he won and creating such a crap excuse to do so after all the face he gave them
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I sort of understand why someone might not post in detail about why they don't like a certain show, because oftentimes it ends up creating a shitstorm. While sometimes the discussions in this thread are worthwhile most of the time they aren't, and they usually end up being hostile. I've been in enough of them to know this by now.
    There are some ways you can modify your posts that minimize friction.

1) Use inclusive statements where possible. Compare these two sentences:

"You guys in this thread often get into arguments."

"As a thread we often get into arguments."

The first sentence is accusative by drawing a line between yourself and others, implying that you are superior. The second is nearly identical in what it says ("arguments happen here with high frequency"), except by making it broader and implying that it includes yourself it makes a big difference. It means that it's "us" as a group here.

2) When quoting somebody who was trying to insult or start a fight, remove that portion of their post from your quotation. Reply only to the edited version.

You liked that show? Lawl, it sucked. The characters were just so bad and the plot was stupid.
    Just edit your response so that when quoting all you quote is the last portion:

The characters were just so bad and the plot was stupid.
    This way you avoid giving them basis for starting anything, and at the same time avoid the temptation of being dragged in. After all, "never...wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

3) When debating/arguing never make a post shorter than two sentences. If what you have to say doesn't take at least two sentences, then it won't do any good. Aside from the short posts that are actually designed to inflame people (umadbro?), incomplete expressions can actually do accidental harm. Again compare:

"This week's episode of [blank] was so awful I couldn't sit through it."

"This week's episode of [blank] was so awful. I tried to watch it, but part way through when [blank] happened I just couldn't take it anymore."

Both statements are essentially the same: the show was bad and you didn't finish it. However, if that is all you have to say then anybody replying to it has nothing to reply to. All they can say is, "you're wrong." At there starts a feedback loop where nobody can say anything because nothing was said. Just that little bit extra, such as when you stopped watching, gives discourse room to start.

4) Don't state that you are withdrawing from an argument. It is extremely tempting to finish a post (or worse, make a whole post) with a statement that, "I'm done with this." I have never seen anybody gracefully exit from an argument in this fashion. If you decide that the person you're arguing with is being unreasonable or that you see the situation has become toxic the easier solution is to just post nothing.

This is all I could think of at the moment in terms of concrete actions. There are a lot more general things to comment on, such as being respectful, but I think that discrete tips are more valuable than general exhortations to "be nice." Perhaps it is just me but I think people give up too easily on debate and that maybe this is just in part to lacking skills rather than an inevitable failing of humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    No luck over here, Hemo - sorry. Will keep looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Every PDF I find involves signing up for something or completing an offer...
    Never had so much trouble finding a PDF lol

Looks legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Well... you win.
    Excellent use of Zuka.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I can't believe how many of you didn't vote for kirino. disgusting.
    Spoiler: 

Are you that Weiß guy that used to be in the Steam chat sometimes?
    Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I'm having difficulty locating a pdf version of these books. If any of who are better at tracking these things down could find them for me I would love you forever and ever.
    Sorry hemo, usually I'm pretty good at finding textbooks but 1st editions are usually really hard to find. Library Gen isn't pulling anything up and it searches through most popular sites. Looked around for a bit after that but no dice. Good luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kono Bijutsubu 07 - I saw this article a couple days ago about MC and Uchimaki's relationship, and I really have to agree. The banter between them feels a lot different than most anime crushes, and I love it. They're a great pair.

I'm loving this show. Great comedy and I definitely agree about the banter between the two. With the show being comedy based and not really romcom I'm worried they're not really going to explore this route very much. I guess I can't complain because that's not really what the show is, I just really love their relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you that Weiß guy that used to be in the Steam chat sometimes?
    That was an old roommate.

Bleach final chapter spoils. Anyone else getting an Inaho feel from Kazui? If there was a spin off like Bolt, then I'd expect Kazui to be amazing at everything.