Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Dont mind the haters in this thread guys and keep up the good work, us bashing is nothing new on this site and it's better to just ignore them.
    Yes it must be "US bashing". Nothing to do with torture, civillian casualties, violations of international law, radicalization of the enemy or its sheer lack of competence.

I suppose people who don't like ISIS are all Islamophobes.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2016-08-18 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So how many of you are veterans of the US military?
    US Naval Submarine Force. Served on the USS Sand Lance SSN-660. Enjoyed every moment of it, once I got the dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So how many of you are veterans of the US military? I personally served the United States Army as Military Police. Served at FT Hood. Deployed to iraq in January of 02 to transport taliban detainees from khandahar to Guantanimo Bay Cuba.
    US Army, 1996, served at Ft Campbell, KY, 5/101 AVN, as a Blackhawk crew chief. Served while the gulf war was going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Naw I don't make poor life choices.
    I can respect that. I'm sure a military stint would have impeded your progress toward whatever lofty heights you've attained in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    You paint with a rather broad brush. I guess we will agree about you being obnoxious.
    Don't get too annoyed, you're arguing with a admitted marxist

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm not, he actually proved my point in another thread by defending ISIS.

Is that a problem now?

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Yes it must be "US bashing". Nothing to do with torture, civillian casualties, violations of international law, radicalization of the enemy or its sheer lack of competence.

I suppose people who don't like ISIS are all Islamophobes.
    Literally none of these things are as widespread as you're implying, nor are they strictly limited to the US.

Thus, you're nation bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Is that a problem now?
    Being as Marxism is responsible for around 80-100 million deaths in the past 100 years, its hard to take his whining about Casualties of war seriously.

Deleted
    This is the other reason I tend to dislike soldiers. Not all, but a lot of them tend to be really poorly educated. There is no excuse for that lack of intellectual curiousity in a country with a free education system.

An argument of any kind of complexity at all tends to devolve into one of these grunts endlessly repeating the same sentence like a Trump speech.

You could try and argue with the guy. I mean, it is obvious he has never actually read a word of Marx because he has never referred to a specific quotation, as easy as that would be with google nowadays. You could point to the fact that Mao's philosophy was in fact Maoism, not Marxism. You could also point out that Marxist-Leninism is also essentially an entirely different philosophy. But it really would be a fucking waste of time because he has been trained for one thing: to kill people without asking questions. You might as well read Baudelaire to a pig.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Literally none of these things are as widespread as you're implying, nor are they strictly limited to the US.

Thus, you're nation bashing.
    This forum is composed almost entirely of US and europeans. European countries have better records.

Even if they didn't, non-americans tend to be less in your face with their idiot nationalism so there's less to argue with.

The odd 50 rouble army Russian gets the same treatment from me as the yank millitarists do.

And yes, these things are widespread. You'd know this if you were actually interested in the truth but I suspect you don't really want to know. Most people don't.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2016-08-20 at 09:39 PM.

This is the other reason I tend to dislike soldiers. Not all, but a lot of them tend to be really poorly educated. There is no excuse for that lack of intellectual curiousity in a country with a free education system.

An argument of any kind of complexity at all tends to devolve into one of these grunts endlessly repeating the same sentence like a Trump speech.

You could try and argue with the guy. I mean, it is obvious he has never actually read a word of Marx because he has never referred to a specific quotation, as easy as that would be with google nowadays. You could point to the fact that Mao's philosophy was in fact Maoism, not Marxism. You could also point out that Marxist-Leninism is also essentially an entirely different philosophy. But it really would be a fucking waste of time because he has been trained for one thing: to kill people without asking questions. You might as well read Baudelaire to a pig.

- - - Updated - - -

This forum is composed almost entirely of US and europeans. European countries have better records.

Even if they didn't, non-americans tend to be less in your face with their idiot nationalism so there's less to argue with.

The odd 50 rouble army Russian gets the same treatment from me as the yank millitarists do.

And yes, these things are widespread. You'd know this if you were actually interested in the truth but I suspect you don't really want to know. Most people don't.

Well, if it was up to you good sir, you'd be taking intellectuals outside and shooting them in the head, just like every other "Marxist" leader, that has gotten power, has done.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Tony was a helicopter mechanic though.......

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Is that a problem now?
    Probably not, but I don't believe Advanta is a Marxist, because he can't keep a story straight in a 24 hour period. Advanta seems like nothing more than an obnoxious shitposter that will type anything just to trigger people in a thread.

Deleted
    Probably not, but I don't believe Advanta is a Marxist, because he can't keep a story straight in a 24 hour period. Advanta seems like nothing more than an obnoxious shitposter that will type anything just to trigger people in a thread.
    Which part of "I don't like people who murder kids" are you not getting? It is not a difficult concept to understand.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which part of "I don't like people who murder kids" are you not getting? It is not a difficult concept to understand.
    The part were you say "most people would do the same thing in their situation", when clearly most people wouldn't do the same thing.

skipping the US bashing, i wanted to ask how is life after the military especially for the people who actually served in a war zone.
    What are you all doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    skipping the US bashing, i wanted to ask how is life after the military especially for the people who actually served in a war zone.
    It can be pretty hard to re-integrate as soon as you leave Service, but the path I chose helped me do so gradually. I still work for the Department of Defense as a contractor, but instead of shit blowing up around me, I train Soldiers how to use their comm equipment before they go to have shit blow up around them. It kept me as a part of the military family, but allowed me to take comfort in the fact that I'd be able to go home every day. It was a perfect meshing for me psychologically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Occasional trouble sleeping... eating your food really fast... the usual stuff. The vast majority of combat vets are not "ticking time-bombs" the way Hollywood would have you believe.

7+ Year Old Account
    My speed of eatting is still something I do after 8 years out. It being too quiet doesn't affect my sleep anymore, after coming back from a patrol I'd always have a hard time sleeping because I was used to no fans or other noise meaning something was broken on the sub. I still only sleep for 6 hours a night during the week though.

Deleted
    The part were you say "most people would do the same thing in their situation", when clearly most people wouldn't do the same thing.
    Google "milgram experiment". Or don't, if you want to trust people or sleep well at night...your choice.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2016-08-21 at 09:37 PM.