Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Way to fix demo warlocks

Change Enslave Demon to being demonology only.

Make 'Enslave Demon' like the hunter ability to get your own pet.

Make demons caught with 'enslave demon' more powerful than demons you can normally summon with other classes. The enslaved demons can be stored like hunter pets and can be used whenever you want.

Remove the CD for summoning added pets. Leave them up until they officially 'die.'

Make Demonic Empowerment into a passive.

make their rotation be spells that deal DPS to the target but also buffs up existing pets as well. (for example... Shadowbolt deals X damage. Hastes your pets by 20% for 3 seconds)

Provide a clear life pool and how many pets are active on the side.

Most of their dps will come from their demons. You get the feeling that you command hordes of demons and you can get "special demons" that no other class can get by 'enslaving' them.

Just my thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good to have dreams, but the harsh reality is you wont get any of these.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I like the Enslave demon idea.

But... you want to make Demonic Empowerement into a passive and then include demon empowering spells into the rotation. Isnt that what Demonic Empowerement already is?

Btw demo on multiple targets is fine imo. Its just the single target portion of it that is underperforming atm.

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    I like the Enslave demon idea.

But... you want to make Demonic Empowerement into a passive and then include demon empowering spells into the rotation. Isnt that what Demonic Empowerement already is?

Btw demo on multiple targets is fine imo. Its just the single target portion of it that is underperforming atm.
    The difference is, casting to 'empower demons' seems like a waste of a cast. Rather tacking them on to spell damaging abilities seems to be a better route where the demons just happen to also be buffed up slightly from those rotations.

I have an even better idea. Scrap the whole thing and start over from the 6.1 spec.

Too many casts that's it ..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    I like the Enslave demon idea..
    Me too, but we won't ever get it, because Teacher's Pets class hunters would all complain about locks getting their shiny gold stars

Enslave Demon is, in essence, useless, but it could be great if you could tame wild demons, you know, the sort we've had whole expansions full of

Bloody hell, it took them how many years to reskin out five basic demons - the forums were full of posts saying "hey, Outlan dis full of premade skins for demons like the Shivara to replace succubus why not use those" - and guess what, that's what they did

one fix is enough, which is to make demonic empowerment instant cast!!! Demo sucks on the mobility too much.

I know we would never get meta back so how about:

Make DE a duration and any demons summoned within that window empowered, give it 2 charges which allow 80% uptime include pandemic. Have a talent replacing Demonic Supremacy to make DE about 25% weaker but passive. Casting it should be slightly better dps.

I like the enslave demon idea but no more than one demon, you start with a felguard but replace it with whatever demon you like. You can get your felguard back at your trainer. Give us an interrupt on a talent instead of on a demon or even baseline.

Most importantly make demonic circle baseline again, put a talent to reduce its CD in its place. That change is probably not just for demo.
    Last edited by Dietrik; 2016-08-18 at 09:50 PM.
    Demo is fine... play better.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Putting pathetic fanbois, white knight nitwits, and cunt anti-flyers on /ignore
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    It's good to have dreams, but the harsh reality is you wont get any of these.
    Yup. Now, if you guys can think up new ways to BREAK demo warlocks, then an exciting career in game development may be right around the corner for you.
    Terms used by morons: "passive-aggressive", "lol", "lel", "kek", "um", "welp", "dat", "legendberries", & "you do realize".
    People who use "/thread" are not morons - even morons aren't that fucked up.
    But for abject, pathetic stupidity - nobody beats the "Hay if u dont play wow why u on theez bords lol" crowd.

Demonic empowerment is a waste of an ability. Should be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    Demonic empowerment is a waste of an ability. Should be removed.
    Does it need change? Yes, certainly. But I don't agree that it should be entirely removed. Personally, I think an ability that empowers and augments your demons is cool and fits in thematically with Demonology.

Quote Originally Posted by gar1234 View Post
    Does it need change? Yes, certainly. But I don't agree that it should be entirely removed. Personally, I think an ability that empowers and augments your demons is cool and fits in thematically with Demonology.
    I agree, but DE as-is is pretty terrible as a mechanic. There are two things I want to see done that I think could make Demo a lot more fun to play: have it be a buff on the caster that empowers all active demons (so you don't have to re-empower after every HoG/Dreadstalkers), and to make it tied to anything not a dedicated, hard-casted "maintenance buff." For example, instead of just casting a periodic buff, you could have (for lack of a better term) a "demon bolt" that does damage, does not generate a soul shard, but gives you X seconds of the empowerment buff. Instead of casting DE after every summon, you just have to work a secondary nuke into your rotation once every 15 seconds (or however long DE would last.)

Still probably too big of a change to see any time soon, but we can dream.

Deleted
    Make demons last twice as long, make DE last 30 seconds, add a variety of demons.

7+ Year Old Account
    ive been dreamning of having a pitlord... i was hoping when i heared of artifacts and the talents, one of them would make our felguard into a pitlord...
    or a glyph to change doomguard into dreadlord or inquisitor cause god...

and yeah i do really wish we had the "enslave demon" as a "tame a demon" thing, but i feel people would feel that "locks are just hunters 2.0 dur a hur!"

i would love to go tame jaraxsus or a pitlord, or man, even a fricken archimonde :P

also i feel maybe demonbolt could have simply been "shadowbolt now becomes demonbolt, and casting demonbolt empowers your demons for 3 seconds"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-19 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    Change Enslave Demon to being demonology only.
    but that defeats the purpose of being a Warlock

Make 'Enslave Demon' like the hunter ability to get your own pet.
    we are summoners of demons not hunters of them. there are few models that are new that would be cool to have but really i like my wrathguard more

Make demons caught with 'enslave demon' more powerful than demons you can normally summon with other classes. The enslaved demons can be stored like hunter pets and can be used whenever you want.
    yea no....again we are summoners of them not hunter collectors. we get stronger demons as it is with mastery and empowerment. I see no need for further buffs

Remove the CD for summoning added pets. Leave them up until they officially 'die.'
    Imps From HoG is instant, Doom guard/Infernal is instant, GoServ is Instant, dread stalkers and main pet are the only one with cast time and there is a legendary item that removes cost on dreads and pvp talent that removes the cast time....so yea if your MAIN pet dies you need to resummon the rest is alreayd there.

Make Demonic Empowerment into a passive.
    no thanks if you want to play easier spec go play destro

make their rotation be spells that deal DPS to the target but also buffs up existing pets as well. (for example... Shadowbolt deals X damage. Hastes your pets by 20% for 3 seconds)
    or press empower after summon.

Provide a clear life pool and how many pets are active on the side.
    Fair enough. You can do that with addons but not out of the box. For people that don't like addons you are relying on timers only.

Most of their dps will come from their demons.
    that is already the case....did you even try playing demo?

You get the feeling that you command hordes of demons and you can get "special demons"
    that is the case already. Beholder says hello, Wrathgaurd, Felguard say hello. and I don't know about you have having 10+ demons out is only a demonology thing

that no other class can get by 'enslaving' them.
    again enslaving is a warlock thing not a spec thing.

This whole "that's a warlock thing, not a spec thing" doesn't really apply.

Corruption was a warlock thing, then an affliction and demo thing, then it became an affliction thing. Spells change. Sometimes dramatically. It's probably the case that enslave demon will never be spec specific, but it's not guaranteed because it's available to all specs now.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-08-19 at 09:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i just wish we could have more choices... like i would love to have a pitlord, dreadlord, inquistor, fellord, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

One of the dumbest suggestions I have seen is making DE passive or instant cast. DE needs to remain a castable spell because it can be talented to aid in shard generation with Shadowy Inspiration and Power Trip. If they made DE passive you would have to rework both of those talents and it's not an awkward or unnecessary spell. It makes perfect sense to need to cast it after you summon a fresh set of demons. The only thing that would make sense is if they removed DE as a spell and baked its buff into mastery so that your pets passively gain more hp, haste, and dmg as you get more on your gear. If they did that it would remove a core ability in the rotation and in theory it could be placed with a shard cost ability that doubles the mastery buff your pets get for X amount of time with a short cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

Either make demonic empowerment instant or make the buff an aura instead of an effect on all active demons. It just feels too damn clunky as it is.

People said this for ages and nothing happened. It would make the rotation feel much smoother but I can only imagine that for some reason they don't want to do these things.