Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why are shamans terrible now?

Here is a barely functional class, lets fuck it up and make another fury warrior ZZZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    Here is a barely functional class, lets fuck it up and make another fury warrior ZZZZZ
    This is a joke, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    obvious troll thread, or he hasn't played this game live or in beta

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then it's the former.

Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    Well then it's the former.
    no I'm 100% serious I fucccckinng HATE the new enhancement shaman, clunky fucking fury warrior garbage.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Opinions. Nuff said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    no I'm 100% serious I fucccckinng HATE the new enhancement shaman, clunky fucking fury warrior garbage.
    I mean, it's more complicated in that you need to keep up several buffs and manage your maelstrom well. But the complexity makes it a huge improvement in the fun of the spec. But obviously that's just my opinion. Maybe you have an awkward talent combination or something, because it's not clunky from what I've seen. Not to mention the damage is very competitive in beta and the artifact talents are actually really good (unlike most of the warlock ones).

Enhancement Shaman works... ish. The single target rotation is pretty decent but the maelstrom rollercoaster of Stormbringer can make it feel awkward to manage at times. What made me drop the spec and switch to Windwalker was the AOE, as beautiful as it is visually I detest Crash Lightning as a mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Enhancement Shaman works... ish. The single target rotation is pretty decent but the maelstrom rollercoaster of Stormbringer can make it feel awkward to manage at times. What made me drop the spec and switch to Windwalker was the AOE, as beautiful as it is visually I detest Crash Lightning as a mechanic.
    Fair enough. Crash Lightning is the only "quirky" thing in that whole skillset and I agree, that it's somewhat dissappointing.
    That being said, thats what most people thought of Enhancement Shaman back when they told us about the changes in a blog. After playing the reworked version for almost half a year, I can safely say we're not half arsed fury warriors as most of us thought. Besides the AoE, everything is working together quite well.
    Of course, people only see the live version currently where we have no artifact. We're getting better with that by a ton, especially in terms of ressource generation and burst.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

I find the current version of the enhancment shaman for PVE quite good, having played it since vanilla. PVP we are still lacking in surv. The enh shammy on the beta as well i've found the rotation if using boulderfist to be quite manageable and flows quite well as long as you don't spam LL or Crash in between you will always have maelstrom present and do decent dps.

i hate the new enhancement rotation/mechanic with a burning passion, but...I do like the eye candy.

I don't mind it for PVE, its starting to grow on me but PVP feels awful.
    Hi Sephurik

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait till you get to 110 and have 3 of the gold talents on your artifact weapon unlocked and have level 19 artifact knowledge.. With that and a 844 Item level I have been wrecking normal mobs, tackling most silvers rares with ease and have had some luck with gold elites..

Even on live once I got into the swing of things I have been doing just fine, the thing is that the bulk of your power and abilities come from your artifact weapon so we will all have to wait for Legion to drop..

its clunky AF in pvp, pve is pretty decent but in pvp maintaining muiltiple buffs which do very weak snap dmg no ranged snares and our biggest burst cooldown requiring rng to actually be useful is rather poor, not to mention you cant change that in pvp because of the templates

Current Enhance > All other iterations. Ever. I don't ever find it clunky. I had plans of maining DH, but now that I am used to my Shaman. I will likely stay on it. The only other class I am considering is Ret Paladin. Before you ask, yes I hate myself, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haokah View Post
    Current Enhance > All other iterations. Ever. I don't ever find it clunky. I had plans of maining DH, but now that I am used to my Shaman. I will likely stay on it. The only other class I am considering is Ret Paladin. Before you ask, yes I hate myself, lol.

Hah, I find myself on the exact oposite situation when it comes to ret. Playing a Paladin for 10+ and as ret since mid BC and this is the first time I ever considering rerolling to enhancement. Spec is really fun while ret has been butchered.
    Last edited by marinos; 2016-08-19 at 02:59 AM.

Cool bait thread. Go back to playing Mage and stop shitposting my class is the best it has been since I started playing it. After years of continually bringing it down they finally got on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Fair enough. Crash Lightning is the only "quirky" thing in that whole skillset and I agree, that it's somewhat dissappointing.
    That being said, thats what most people thought of Enhancement Shaman back when they told us about the changes in a blog. After playing the reworked version for almost half a year, I can safely say we're not half arsed fury warriors as most of us thought. Besides the AoE, everything is working together quite well.
    Of course, people only see the live version currently where we have no artifact. We're getting better with that by a ton, especially in terms of ressource generation and burst.
    I definitely agree that the fury warrior comparison is off the mark, maelstrom manages to feel very different from rage. I don't think any of the other specs have this balancing act where you're supposed to try to keep your resource in the middle of the bar rather than spend it ASAP or build it to the top and dump it.

I'm going to be leveling my Shaman after my Monk, so I'll make my own judgement on how things feel with the artifact then. I admittedly really want to like Enhancement, the aesthetics of a Shaman are far more appealing to me than those of a Monk and while I do like Mistweaver I definitely prefer Resto as my healing off-spec. Problem is I'm a melee DPS first and foremost and Windwalker's mechanics are an absolute dream from what I've done on the pre-patch. Doomhammer's additions would have to really blow me away for that to change.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Hah, I find myself on the exact oposite situation when it comes to ret. Playing a Paladin for 10+ and as ret since mid BC and this is the first time I ever considering rerolling to enhancement. Spec is really fun while ret has been butchered.
    Heh. Enhance is pretty fun I will admit. I don't know why I enjoy Ret, but I do. I don't think it's better than previous versions, but I also don't think it's that bad either.