Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I will never understand why they refuse to let him win. I don't watch the anime anymore (Him always losing at the Pokemon League is a big reason why), but its not like the show would suddenly have to end.

Yes his reported dream is to win the Pokemon League Championship, but just because he beats one Region doesn't mean he wouldn't want to go to the next one and win as well. It would honestly be an even more interesting storyline since that could let them explore him becoming semi-famous and how that would work with him starting over in the new region.

Especially when the anime's whole shtick is "You want to be Ash and use Pokemon too!" and yet he loses literally every timer he goes to the Pokemon League. Its nonsensical.

Pokemon message to the kids is, no matter how much you try, you'll always be shit

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Holy crap, that's the closest Ash has gotten to becoming a League Champion in over six years.

At this point, is on par with Tobias, which would make Ash Ketchum as strong as Cynthia was before she lost to Ash (for reference: Ash KOed two of Tobias' legendaries; Cynthia couldn't even down one).

In other words, Ash is actually a (Sinnoh) Pokemon League Champion in terms of ability.
    I just googled that Tobias guy. He should be the new main character. Why does Ash have like 20 movies and he makes friends with everyone but he doesn't actually catch any legendaries?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I just googled that Tobias guy. He should be the new main character. Why does Ash have like 20 movies and he makes friends with everyone but he doesn't actually catch any legendaries?
    Because he befriends them, and lets them go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Because he befriends them, and lets them go.
    Typical Ash
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

I saw this and was curious, because I hadn't watched the show in years.

I don't get it.. I mean it made sense back.. umm 15 years ago when there was only the original Pokemon, 8 gyms and the Top5 (or was it 4?). But since then they have added tournaments and there is no "winning this means the end", they could just let him win for once. I mean what is the point of making him fail and fail over and over again? Often against punks that are just as young as him. If this is a quest for humility, then I gotta laugh, since that was pretty much achieved over a decade ago. Also considering the crazy shit he does in the movies sometimes I wonder how this power fluctuation is perceived by the kids today.

Also, given how many episodes and actually showed day and night cycles, time skips, etc there have been, he should probably be 20 already.. Back then as a teen I didn't notice as much, but man this is a pointless advertisement show if I've ever seen one. Do they have to label it "Advertisement" by FTC regulations in the US? :P

Over a decade of pokemon and he still sucks at it. Guy should consider career change.

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Hes not shit, Its just he believes that their stronger in their original forms apparently
    Too bad he is demonstrably wrong about that :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Too bad he is demonstrably wrong about that :P.
    in a way i guess

i'm guessing the series will end with a flash forward to when Satoshi (ash for you dubbies) is 90ish and in what he would say "final pokemon league" and he'll be using his pikachu's greatx20 grandchild

Deleted
    He's never going to win because he is not destined to. Ash is a kind of tree, his destiny is to become a pokemon professor =p

I JUST watched the episode, and I was hopeful there was at least going to be a double KO situation at the end there. I enjoyed the fight as a whole, and I had split feelings about who SHOULD win; Ash because it would be awesome for him to win (for once) and against a really powerful opponent, or Alan because if he lost to Ash it would have prevented more episodes of him battling everyone and he's awesome to watch xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post
    I JUST watched the episode, and I was hopeful there was at least going to be a double KO situation at the end there.
    Was kind of hoping for the same, Ash always coming up short is getting pretty old. For once, he had a pretty decent team too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    Was kind of hoping for the same, Ash always coming up short is getting pretty old. For once, he had a pretty decent team too.
    It's actually (statistically) the best team he has ever had apparently if you take into account base stats of the pokemon and times they have won in a battle. Someone else did all the maths I'm just passing on the knowledge =p

Would have been awesome for him to win, but as I said before, if Alan lost to him it would make him so pathetic xD

The writers messed it up, Given all the evidence and what we know Ash should have won.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinfig View Post
    The writers messed it up, Given all the evidence and what we know Ash should have won.
    He had it down pat, But you know writer logic

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    At this point, is on par with Tobias, which would make Ash Ketchum as strong as Cynthia was before she lost to Ash (for reference: Ash KOed two of Tobias' legendaries; Cynthia couldn't even down one).
    I couldn't find anything on bulbopedia about Cynthia facing Tobias. When did she lose to a legendary?

Btw does anyone know what it was called when Ash fought the...the 7 guys who moved? And one guy had a pyramid? And Ash lost to this guy 3 times and he ended up winning when he used Bulbosaur, Squirtle, and Charizard, and Charizard fucking lost without beating anyone? Like the region or...whatever that league was called.

isnt there like over 1000 pokemons now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    What kind of message the writers are trying to pass to the kids? "No matter how much you try and learn, you will always lose"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    What kind of message the writers are trying to pass to the kids? "No matter how much you try and learn, you will always lose"?
    And it's actually sometimes true.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How about "never give up" and "losing isn't the end"?