Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Screenshot, for those of us who don't know every items appearance by heart please. :<
    I didn't crop it down, so I'll just link to the screen shot here since it'll be humongous on here to imbed.

And from behind, though it got darker, so I had to head to the house.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-08-19 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I didn't crop it down, so I'll just link to the screen shot here since it'll be humongous on here to imbed.
    Could always just shrink it, and add URL on top of the pic for larger image.

http://i.imgur.com/IRY7cwT.png -> http://i.imgur.com/IRY7cwTm.png or http://i.imgur.com/IRY7cwTl.png

*m = medium, l = large

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yes. I've been playing on JP client for a while for a reason too. :P
    That said I'm still not that good especially with kanji.
    How did you start learning?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Could always just shrink it, and add URL on top of the pic for larger image.

http://i.imgur.com/IRY7cwT.png -> http://i.imgur.com/IRY7cwTm.png or http://i.imgur.com/IRY7cwTl.png

*m = medium, l = large
    Your magic is foreign to me! (I've actually not really used imgur til now. Lazy lazy me...)

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you start learning?
    Started on a uhh... very small class kind of thing during high school. Then took college courses and went from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use the "get share links" -> "BB-code" to embed it here. Our browsers will fit the image to the window size.

Looks good. Simple and elegant.

- - - Updated - - -

Started on a uhh... very small class kind of thing during high school. Then took college courses and went from there.
    Lucky you.
    All we had in school were French *yuck* and Latin *yawn*, so I stuck to English (although I did have Latin for a year and french for umm 4 forced years me thinks?).

Deleted
    has there been any recent words on apartment-style public housing? https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ust_announced/

Yes. I've been playing on JP client for a while for a reason too. :P
    That said I'm still not that good especially with kanji.
    Off topic but you've also been PLAYING on the damn PSO2 client as well. /shakes fist because he doesn't have that game over here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Off topic but you've also been PLAYING on the damn PSO2 client as well. /shakes fist because he doesn't have that game over here.
    if you get the PSO2 tweaker it does a pretty good job of translating most things (atleast they get the most important things)

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    has there been any recent words on apartment-style public housing? https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ust_announced/
    Apparently Yoshi-P logged in onto one of the EU servers (Odin or Shiva, maybe both?) as part of their Gamescom promotions, and he mentions a few details about it.

One building consisting of 512 rooms won't cut the mustard for the the mega-servers like Balmung, Gilgamesh, etc. They'll be gone within 10 minutes of going live.

Even though I don't have a private house in game, nor am I terribly interested in one at this time, I'd like to see them take larger steps toward alleviating the insane supply/demand for housing, especially on the big servers (because demand outstrips supply by at least tenfold). Of course, that would mean I couldn't make a small fortune mining salt like what we had when they added the additional housing districts a couple months ago, heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhhh details. >.>

Lucky you.
    All we had in school were French *yuck* and Latin *yawn*, so I stuck to English (although I did have Latin for a year and french for umm 4 forced years me thinks?).
    Yeah, very lucky. I had Spanish and French available in high school and despite there being a few other language OPTIONS, those were the only two allowed as a "Foreign Language" for my bachelor's in English.....

That's right, I could not take Portuguese, Russian, or anything but Spanish/French for a "foreign language" credit. >:\

If they had offered Japanese, I would have taken it in a heartbeat and I think with anime interests, I would have kept pushing to try and actually learn/retain more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, very lucky. I had Spanish and French available in high school and despite there being a few other language OPTIONS, those were the only two allowed as a "Foreign Language" for my bachelor's in English.....

That's right, I could not take Portuguese, Russian, or anything but Spanish/French for a "foreign language" credit. >:\

If they had offered Japanese, I would have taken it in a heartbeat and I think with anime interests, I would have kept pushing to try and actually learn/retain more.
    School didn't have Japanese course, went to some private tutor thingy. School politics with some idiot parents made it so Japanese didn't happen. It was a choice between Japanese or German and Japanese won by a lot but some people kept bitching for German and eventually it led to none of them being taught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even w/o any anime interest I would have taken Japanese over that garbled mess that is French.
    Nothing against the french as a people but imho their language sounds horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, this is my character btw. >.> Don't have a SS from the back though.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0817224054.png
    Fashion truly is the true end game.

10+ Year Old Account
    White with a hint of nothing. heh.

Just out of curiosity: has anyone found a way to get rid of the retarded gold text since I last asked? It's still bothering the crap out of me.

Last edited by Granyala; 2016-08-20 at 10:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have a question. Why do some warrior tanks do the obnoxious please waste a gcd and dispel my 5 second pacification debuff macros. I'm not wasting a GCD on that shit, I rather cast an actual damage spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because a 5s self silence is pretty annoying.
    I don't blame them, though 99% of the time, my GCDs are occupied.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have a question. Why do some warrior tanks do the obnoxious please waste a gcd and dispel my 5 second pacification debuff macros. I'm not wasting a GCD on that shit, I rather cast an actual damage spell.
    Because that skill if we are ot or dps is essential it is also used to help with hate if needed and so on. But depending oj gear differences or content those 5 seconds can cost us hate on a mob and so on.

In short it is a fairly commonly used skill abd the silence is bad news depending on situation..

Also pretty sure a healers MAIN job is to heal not dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Because that skill if we are ot or dps is essential it is also used to help with hate if needed and so on. But depending oj gear differences or content those 5 seconds can cost us hate on a mob and so on.

In short it is a fairly commonly used skill abd the silence is bad news depending on situation..

Oh yes I know we're to heal, but when it's just a random 60 where my pet does everything, it's very obnoxious and if I actually am in a raid or whatever I have to heal and I can't waste GCDs, then why the hell would I dispel it, dead tank or dps is worse than your 5 second lost. I see tanks use it every time they can even in the dumbest situations for a healer to ever dispel it.
    Because a 5s self silence is pretty annoying.
    I don't blame them, though 99% of the time, my GCDs are occupied.
    And it's when the GCDs are occupied that I see it being obnoxious and very mp wasteful.

And it's obnoxious mainly cause they keep using <se.#>
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-08-20 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    If you take reaction time, UI delay, cast time and possibly remaining GCD into account, you dispel 2s of the 5s at best.
    This is why I don't bother 99% of the time since most WARs use in on CD no matter the situation.

It is possible to time it better when they use a precise macro, but it's still not a priority.

@Remilia: yeah it would be nice if we could add sound effects to macros w/o having to see the syntax in the actual text.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-08-20 at 09:58 PM.