Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I noticed someone mentioned an IPS panel, but I didn't see anyone mention a g-sync monitor.

OP - You're spending all this money for a beautiful experience, don't go cheap where you are going to see it. Get a good monitor. Get on with G-Sync since you are using the 1080's. Get an IPS panel, or if Samsung go PLS. There are really good TN panels out there, but if your willing to spend this much go for a great monitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    I noticed someone mentioned an IPS panel, but I didn't see anyone mention a g-sync monitor.

OP - You're spending all this money for a beautiful experience, don't go cheap where you are going to see it. Get a good monitor. Get on with G-Sync since you are using the 1080's. Get an IPS panel, or if Samsung go PLS. There are really good TN panels out there, but if your willing to spend this much go for a great monitor.
    Not sure if you've read my latest post here but I'm going to switch it up quite a bit. As I said in the OP I don't really have a budget (dual six figure income couple with no kids), but WAS going to hold it around 2k. I found a Titan X pascal in stock today so I picked it up. I figure if I'm dumping $1200 on GPU I may as well do it right. Total cost of the system I'm putting together (monitor included) will be around $3200 now.

I do have a 27" 4K ISP monitor picked out too, not sure about G sync though.
    LG 27UD68-W 27.0" 60Hz Monitor Says it has Free sync. They both do the same thing right? It's just with G sync you need to have a Nividia card. Free sync works with any card, including Nividia.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2016-08-19 at 02:18 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Nah freesync only works with AMD, you could look into https://www.asus.com/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27AQ/ for a gsync one got a good review on tftcentral.