Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I wish Blizz would just give their animation team a large budget and the ability to make a full length film from any of their franchises. it'd be better than anything a live action film could ever capture. I don't know much about their script writing process or if the animation team is a major part of that, but I can tell you their directing is pretty great and I'd love to see their work at length.

Love this one as well as I love Robots and I love the philosophical questions they pose and how it seems we use them to embody the worst of our human characteristics sometimes. Or at least in cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    I wish Blizz would just give their animation team a large budget and the ability to make a full length film from any of their franchises. it'd be better than anything a live action film could ever capture. I don't know much about their script writing process or if the animation team is a major part of that, but I can tell you their directing is pretty great and I'd love to see their work at length.

Love this one as well as I love Robots and I love the philosophical questions they pose and how it seems we use them to embody the worst of our human characteristics sometimes. Or at least in cinema.
    The same quality won't carry over. You are looking at months of work to make this short animation compared to a movie where they would have months of work to produce a hour or two long movie.

And they probably aren't going to try after the whole WoW movie bombed in the box office.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    My only question is this, how can they include him in the overall plot now? Seems to me that
    he lives in a rather isolated location, and since he chose the bird over his protocol, he won't
    ever leave the forest.
    Maybe he finds his way to Eichenwald and somehow helps the good guys protect the castle from Talon agents?

No seriously, who's cutting onions?

The quality of these animations is off the fucking charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Two reinhardt armors of different designs. He probably wasnt the only soldier of his sort.
    It's Crusader armour, they were an organisation of modern knights during the Omnic Crisis. A lot of them died in the last ditch battle at Eichenwalde that turned the tide against the Omnics in Germany. Including their leader, who was in the ornate ruined Crusader suit at the end of the new map (and is a new legendary skin for Reinhardt).

http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Crusaders

Man, we need a Reinhardt cinematic at some point. The comic was good but there's so much awesomeness to explore there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    My only question is this, how can they include him in the overall plot now? Seems to me that
    he lives in a rather isolated location, and since he chose the bird over his protocol, he won't
    ever leave the forest.
    I mean that could be a whole short film of its own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Really good, not as good in terms of storyline as the others, but I liked it more than the Alive short. Its still super good and I'll probably watch it 50 more times over the next few months.

Overall: Cinematic Launch > Recall > Hero > Dragons > Last Bastion > Alive
    Hmm, I liked them all, but I'd probably rank them:

Dragons
    Last Bastion
    Launch cinematic
    Alive (PS watch the version of Alive on Youtube with Widowmaker's lines from the French version, I actually like it even more)
    Hero
    Recall

Though it was a close thing between Dragons and Last Bastion. Also the launch cinematic is a bit different from the others so hard to rank it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It was very endearing and goddamn if that bird isn't super cute.
    Ganymede is best bird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdoll View Post
    Ganymede is best bird.
    Want that plushie the dev had.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Want that plushie the dev had.
    Would it happen to be this one?
    http://gear.blizzard.com/overwatch/o...ganymede-plush

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdoll View Post
    It certainly looks like it!

Pulled at the heart strings :/

Deleted
    All the feels.. ç_ç

The flash back to the omnic war was awesome. Seeing the crusader firestrike then put down his shield was a great moment.

Does anyone know what city that is based in the distance? I want to say Stuttgart seeing as the new map is based near there, (black?) forest area and it was an area where a big fight between the crusaders and omnics took place.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    The flash back to the omnic war was awesome. Seeing the crusader firestrike then put down his shield was a great moment.

Does anyone know what city that is based in the distance? I want to say Stuttgart seeing as the new map is based near there, (black?) forest area and it was an area where a big fight between the crusaders and omnics took place.
    They did mention that the castle is near Stuttgart, and you see the castle in the background in other parts of the film so you're probably right.

10+ Year Old Account

Doesn't look like the castle is there though, if I were to guess I'd say Numbani, it certainly looks like the same architecture. That said, Numbani is up in the mountains somewhere, and this clearly wasn't.

I don't think it's a city/town we know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They did mention that the castle is near Stuttgart, and you see the castle in the background in other parts of the film so you're probably right.
    You did? Hmm, I have to rewatch it later then.

Deleted
    Reminded me of HappyTreeFriends, the one green guy (forgot the name) also has similar issues. Otherwise despite it being somewhat emotional it felt kinda generic.
    Also, I dont want a Ganymedeplush. I WANT PACHIMARI!!! WITH SQUEAKS!!!!111111!!!!!11!

I thought it was boring but not as boring as the soldier 76 one

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Doesn't look like the castle is there though, if I were to guess I'd say Numbani, it certainly looks like the same architecture. That said, Numbani is up in the mountains somewhere, and this clearly wasn't.

I don't think it's a city/town we know

- - - Updated - - -

You did? Hmm, I have to rewatch it later then.
    Numbani is out on the African plains. Not many lush green forests there.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbani is out on the African plains. Not many lush green forests there.
    True. But from what I can remember, the architecture looks similar. I would rewatch it right now, but I'm in school, so can't really do that

Bastion, one part Iron Giant, one part Wall-E, One part Tekken 2 JACK, and a smattering of Old Painless. Though begs the question of whether or not Bastion has PTSD, and what brought it on? Did a bad man with a hammer bonk him on the head to switch him off >.>
    Oh and the modern city looks like the one you see from the new castle map, so likely it's in the shadow of this new city that was likely built by the Vishkar Corporation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I laughed when I saw part of why there is a T rating... Use of tobacco.......

all I could think is... its hiiigh nooon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I laughed when I saw part of why there is a T rating... Use of tobacco.......

all I could think is... its hiiigh nooon
    Yeah. Blizzard wanted to be allowed to give McCree that cigar.