Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    A mini raid isn't enough to delay Nighthold to next year. Nightmare has three wings and will be completely open by mid-October at the latest. 7.1 end of October/early November, with raid opening all at once. Nighthold starts opening mid-November/Thanksgiving at latest
    No. Nighthold will start next year. There was a quote stating that already iirc. They have this thing called a 2 week christmas break plus a thanksgiving break, it's unlikely they'll release nighthold between the two.

Plus, 3 raids in 3 months? That sounds like another xpac that had a huge content drought because of badly placed raids...called...Mists of pandaria.

They will not make that stupid ass mistake with releasing all the raids in 3 months. Fricken nightmare won't be out til the end of September for fucks sake and you want Nighthold 2 months later?

You REALLY must want a 14 month xpac gap.

Nightmare N/H 9-20-16, M 9-27-16

7.1 probably early November/right after blizzcon.

Nighthold in January.

7.2 in May/June (at which point we will, if we have done everything every day finally have maxed artifact weapons in March/April)

Honestly the stupidity of the post above mine is actually driving me insane, I hope they're trolling.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2016-08-19 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    I don't think 6.2 will be nighthold, mainly because it would be weird to have a raid tier with no tier sets. I think it'll still be classified as 6.0/6.1, but still t19.
    It would be 7.2 not 6.2 and Nighthold drops T19...

wonder if its going to be a 10 man raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    The IGN interview with Tom Chilton confirmed that EN is coming on the 3rd week and mythic EN and LFR a week later

10+ Year Old Account
    might have to do with that " pact " sylvanas did with helya ?

Not sure why you'd think Nighthold would be pushed back that far. If "far" is even the right word... 6.2 in WoD terms came out almost a year later than the expansion itself. 7.1 is going up on the PTR when Legion launches. It could launch itself only a few weeks after Emerald Nightmare's open fully in LFR mode, then another month or two until Nighthold comes out, and it'd only be three or four months all up. Then another four or five months until the next tier, with another patch in between.

Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    I don't think 6.2 will be nighthold, mainly because it would be weird to have a raid tier with no tier sets. I think it'll still be classified as 6.0/6.1, but still t19.
    It wont be, all the tier gear is in Nighthold. Its 7.2 btw. Not 6 obviously.
    Unless we are assuming they may have multiple patches within the same tier? If so, based on their 4-5 month raid tier idea, that means that they would have 7.1 and 7.2 within 3 months. Would be crazy.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Not sure why you'd think Nighthold would be pushed back that far. If "far" is even the right word... 6.2 in WoD terms came out almost a year later than the expansion itself. 7.1 is going up on the PTR when Legion launches. It could launch itself only a few weeks after Emerald Nightmare's open fully in LFR mode, then another month or two until Nighthold comes out, and it'd only be three or four months all up. Then another four or five months until the next tier, with another patch in between.
    It wasn't a year, It was 7 months (and a few days) for 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    It is a Helheim raid featuring Helya, it's been leaked by Muffinus yesterday.
    Thats not what "leaked" means btw.
    What you showed is a hint.
    A leak would be if some legitimate, usually anonymous source showed some proof.

I think its pretty much Helya 100 percent though. Only makes sense. What otherwise stuff is happening there that doesn't happen within Halls of Valor?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    No. Nighthold will start next year. There was a quote stating that already iirc. They have this thing called a 2 week christmas break plus a thanksgiving break, it's unlikely they'll release nighthold between the two.

Plus, 3 raids in 3 months? That sounds like another xpac that had a huge content drought because of badly placed raids...called...Mists of pandaria.

They will not make that stupid ass mistake with releasing all the raids in 3 months. Fricken nightmare won't be out til the end of September for fucks sake and you want Nighthold 2 months later?

You REALLY must want a 14 month xpac gap.

Nightmare N/H 9-20-16, M 9-27-16

7.1 probably early November/right after blizzcon.

Nighthold in January.

7.2 in May/June (at which point we will, if we have done everything every day finally have maxed artifact weapons in March/April)

Honestly the stupidity of the post above mine is actually driving me insane, I hope they're trolling.
    I've read your post about 3 times, and the only stupidity I see is in your attitude. I'm content with knowing that I'll probably be right, and you'll probably be deleting all your posts in November out of embarrassment.

I mean, they literally said yesterday that "Raid tiers should last around 4 to 5 months." With the first raid starting in September, that means 7.2 in February at the latest. May/June? I don't know where your information comes from, but you might want to find better sources.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2016-08-19 at 03:04 AM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Legion is 100% BC 2.0. Think about it, we are raiding Kara for some random reason before going back to flesh out a zone's story in a new raid. This is Zul'Aman all over again. And I like it
    thank god legion doesnt look like bc at all or i would be out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I've read your post about 3 times, and the only stupidity I see is in your attitude. I'm content with knowing that I'll probably be right, and you'll probably be deleting all your posts in November out of embarrassment.

I mean, they literally said yesterday that "Raid tiers should last around 4 to 5 months." With the first raid starting in September, that means 7.2 in February at the latest. May/June? I don't know where your information comes from, but you might want to find better sources.
    Considering the quote then continues to say Higmaul should've lasted longer before BRF, he actually meant raids, not tiers.

Anyways, Patch 7.0 game data will contain both Emerald Nightmare AND Nighthold, but Nighthold won't be released till a while down the road, apparently after 7.1 comes out, but is still part of 7.0 game data.

Patch 7.1 game data will contain Karazhan dungeon and Stormheim raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Nighthold will by 7.2 and it will come out in January, maybe early February at the latest. Then we'll get T20 sometime around June-August. That might be 7.3, or it could be 7.4 with 7.3 being another smaller content patch in between.
    I want to faceplam myself more than 2 times but i lack hands ..... Casuals this days....

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    I want to faceplam myself more than 2 times but i lack hands ..... Casuals this days....
    Yep, totally casual. 13/13 Mythic, leveled to 110 3 times on beta, one of my goals in Legion is to be among the first 100 people to have a fully maxed out artifact. I would say first, but I'm splitting between prot and ret and that will put me behind a bit.

I just wonder if it will be a basic world content/raid tier/world content/raid tier sort of release schedule, or if it won't really have a pattern.

Though considering there's a new raid (though not a new raid tier) in the first content patch alongside a new dungeon and world content, it looks like the patches won't be numerous and easily segregated into specific types of content. So hopefully we'll get Nighthold around 7.2, with 7.2 being more world content, 7.3 could be a new dungeon + extensions to Class Campaigns and order halls, 7.4 could be the next raid tier, etc.

Though it's really too early to say. I can't imagine we'd get a new raid tier in the very next patch after Nighthold, but at the same time I find it odd to think Nighthold would release during 7.1's reign, before 7.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Yep, totally casual. 13/13 Mythic, leveled to 110 3 times on beta, one of my goals in Legion is to be among the first 100 people to have a fully maxed out artifact. I would say first, but I'm splitting between prot and ret and that will put me behind a bit.
    then you should know that EM and NH are in the same tier and not 7.2 (second tier)

Not to mention, to comment on your whole "Thanksgiving Break and Christmas break" comment, look at when Highmaul was released- Second week of December.

Now, that being said, the EM will probably be out a month after launch (sept/oct). It isn't unreasonable for the mini raid to be out in December and for Nighthold to be pushed to January/February. It'll still be part of the 7.0 game files and t19 though.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

We follow Sylvanas into Helheim to fight Helya to get Varian back.

Book it.

Honestly the way I see it, they said they put HM and BRF too close together, so I think 7.1 releasing in November would be too soon.

This is what seems likely to me:

Late September - Emerald Nightmare
    Early December - 7.1 with kara and stormheim raid
    February 2017 - Nighthold
    Last edited by Richardbro; 2016-08-19 at 06:53 AM.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Honestly the way I see it, they said they put HM and BRF too close together, so I think 7.1 releasing in November would be too soon.

This is what seems likely to me:

Late September - Emerald Nightmare
    Early December - 7.1 with kara and stormheim raid
    February 2017 - Nighthold
    I generally agree on the concept, with one caveat:

7.1 is rather small and only augments the EN raid with 1-3 more bosses, so I don't see them delaying it all the way until December.
    I would move the timeline in there up a month maybe, Early November for 7.1 and January for Nighthold.

For people arguing that "tiers" should take 4-5 months, well the "initial" tier in Legion is "special" in that its made up of two half-tiers, where the first serves as an introduction back to raiding, but it iself isn't big enough to fill the full 5 months of a tier, so its probably more like 3 month, and Nighthold after it with more bosses and an actual tier set doing another 4-5 month before 7.2.

For comparison, Blackrock Foundry released after almost exactly 2 months of Highmaul, and they have stated this was too short, but on the other hand the "intro" half-tier of Highmaul or Emerald Nightmare doesn't quite have as many bosses as a "normal" tier, so it also can't be 5 months long. So instead of 2, maybe 3 months this time - at most 4 considering the 7.1 content thats adding to this (but I would still bet on 3, if I were a betting man).
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-08-19 at 07:48 AM.