Thread: keto diet

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Awww that's ok. You live in ignorance. I understand.
    Please enlighten us, sir.

Note that I'm not a follower of keto, or any other limited diet.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I wish you two would just make out already.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Awww that's ok. You live in ignorance. I understand.
    No, actually you're the one wallowing in bullshit on that subject. All the scientific societies that have looked at GMOs have concluded they are safe. Glyphosate also has a very good safety profile.

I realize it's painful to be told that a part of your belief system is nonsense, but you have apparently allowed your head to be stuffed with garbage on this subject.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'm assuming most of it was water weight, but in one week I've dropped 6lbs. I didn't even think that was possible.
    It's water and bloat. On keto up your salt intake so you don't lose water so much, cut down on diuretics such as coffee and up your green vegetable consumption to get fiber and micro-nutrients. If you are starved for energy and need caffeine go for diet cola or zero because it has no carbs in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    It's water and bloat. On keto up your salt intake so you don't lose water so much, cut down on diuretics such as coffee and up your green vegetable consumption to get fiber and micro-nutrients. If you are starved for energy and need caffeine go for diet cola or zero because it has no carbs in it.
    I don't drink coffee and I do drink coke zero products with my meals and if I get a sweet tooth. (I still try not to exceed 3 regular cans a day).

I'd venture to say water and coke zero products are all I drink now.

No energy problems yet.

I've lost a total of 8lbs as of this post.

I don't drink coffee and I do drink coke zero products with my meals and if I get a sweet tooth. (I still try not to exceed 3 regular cans a day).

I'd venture to say water and coke zero products are all I drink now.

No energy problems yet.

I've lost a total of 8lbs as of this post.
    Nice! You will lose a lot of weight with this fairly rapidly.

Well my total loss so far now is 10lbs.

The "runs" as people like to call it have stopped. Sadly its been replaced with the all to common constipation. Time to raid the fiber husk jars at walmart.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive done keto before and lost a good amount of weight, but unfortunately, in the long wrong, i can't sustain this diet due to precise nature of electrolyte counting you have to do to ensure optimal success.

ingesting too much/too little of sodium/potassium/magnesium screws up your body and for me...i had a lot of stomach problems associated with keto.

i loved it, i wish i can sustain it...but unfortunately i cant.

i've done this way of eating for about a year and researched a shit ton into it...it works...but not for everyone :/

i also noticed that my energy levels at the gym with this diet extremely diminishes in comparison to having a standard diet with carb intake.

it was a lot harder to push through with my workouts and had to tone it down/take energy powders to boost me up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my total loss so far now is 10lbs.

The "runs" as people like to call it have stopped. Sadly its been replaced with the all to common constipation. Time to raid the fiber husk jars at walmart.
    Probably not the best idea. You microbiome is clearly out of whack, the last thing you want to do is select for a monocrop using megadoses of single-source fiber.

Better to just eat a variety of complex carbohydrates (resistant starch in heated and cooled starches or green bananas, leafy greens, pectin in apple skins, etc) and let things sort themselves out, which could take a week or two. If you want to speed things up, drink some kombucha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Probably not the best idea. You microbiome is clearly out of whack, the last thing you want to do is select for a monocrop using megadoses of single-source fiber.

Better to just eat a variety of complex carbohydrates (resistant starch in heated and cooled starches or green bananas, leafy greens, pectin in apple skins, etc) and let things sort themselves out, which could take a week or two. If you want to speed things up, drink some kombucha.
    i agree. you are fairly new to the diet and it can take up to two months before your stomach finally settles.

make sure to stay consistent because any deviation will disrupt that microbiome and cause those symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post

ugh I feel so lost. pectin, kombucha, heated starches? how did people even live before all these terms???

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    That sounds crazy to me

So what about chicken cooked in butter or steak cooked in butter. Just eat that 3 meals a day and that's fine?
    Sounds crazy to me as well! But there is so much success stories with this diet that i really wanted to try it myself. Im on day one now, today i had lamb mince patties cooked in a fair amount of olive oil in the pan with full fat cheese, spinach/rocket mix, full fat mayo, low carb low sugar sweet chilli sauce. At the same time i feel excited and worried. It just feels really weird stuffing myself with fat. I watched the videos about fat and carbs in this thread. It looks like it makes sense. But at the same time, there are more people against this diet than there are for it

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    ive done keto before and lost a good amount of weight, but unfortunately, in the long wrong, i can't sustain this diet due to precise nature of electrolyte counting you have to do to ensure optimal success.

ingesting too much/too little of sodium/potassium/magnesium screws up your body and for me...i had a lot of stomach problems associated with keto.

i loved it, i wish i can sustain it...but unfortunately i cant.

i've done this way of eating for about a year and researched a shit ton into it...it works...but not for everyone :/

i also noticed that my energy levels at the gym with this diet extremely diminishes in comparison to having a standard diet with carb intake.

it was a lot harder to push through with my workouts and had to tone it down/take energy powders to boost me up.
    The average person sucks ass at managing their sodium/potassium and their calcium/magnesium balance, really. No matter if they are keto or not. Most Americans get enough calcium but not enough magnesium, and enough sodium but not enough potassium. Carbonated beverages, caffeine and stress can further deplete electrolytes from the body.

The easy fix is to get a magnesium supplement and get potassium salt and make your own sports drink. Super cheap, add potassium salt (alone or with sodium for balance) to bottled or tap water, can add a stevia packet and lemon juice for flavor. Even with the lemon juice/stevia packet, it's incredibly inexpensive and easy to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    what could be an alternative to tomatoes on keto ? i dont want to eat broccoli, carrots and want to replace tomatoes with something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    what could be an alternative to tomatoes on keto ? i dont want to eat broccoli, carrots and want to replace tomatoes with something new.
    A tomato has like, three carbs in it. You can incorporate it into keto, hell you could eat 10 of them and not get out of ketosis. Possibly 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eat the green ones, they have way fewer carbs than those red ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    i do eat tomatoes but want to replace them. eating them everyday, but would prefer something that can stay in fridge longer and dont get rotten

i do eat tomatoes but want to replace them. eating them everyday, but would prefer something that can stay in fridge longer and dont get rotten
    Root veggies last the longest, in my experience, although you need to watch the carb content closely.

https://www.verywell.com/low-carb-ve...s-list-2242530

Pumpkin, squash, peppers (all types), any green vegetable (kale, asparagus are good options), onions, mushrooms, radishes...out of these, the green veggies will go first, but should last you at least a week. The rest will last longer.

didn't even know this thread was here. lol

I've been on keto for a year and couldn't touch veggies because I hate them, the only thing I could eat was mushrooms. But for the last 4 months I've actually gotten into broccoli because I found a way to cook it thats great.

Just drizzle a butter/oil/sriracha mixture on them, then roast them in the oven 400-450 degrees for 30 mins. Depends how crisp you want them. Makes them fantastic.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2017-02-09 at 02:20 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

got keto flu, never again.