Thread: LochteGate

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailil View Post
    now they saying the the reports that they gave a confession are not true, and 3min of the video may be missing
    they also said that there are some girls involved that were in the cab, and they lied about to whole thing because one of them was with a girl and he has a girlfriend
    so maybe there's more to the story

they are already authorized to leave the contry

- - - Updated - - -

"I think the truth is usually somewhere in the middle." at that point the info was that they admited, so there's no middle (but now the confession may not be true)

" I couldn't possibly speak to what's common practice in other countries, but in the US, if you suspect someone of causing damage to your property can you hold them at gunpoint until they pay you for the damages? I would think that would be committing another crime yourself. Maybe a licensed security guard could, but wouldn't it just be more likely that they would call the police if it got to that point?"

they did call the police and i gave the reasons for the security guard to show them the gun, so they would not leave until the police was there and they were behaving in a erratic and agressive manner
    They were in a cab when they were approached by a man with a gun. That man pointed the gun at them, made them sit down, and demanded money.

Sure there's huge parts of the story that appear fabricated, but there's also elements of truth to it as well. It seems like it's alleged vandalism vs alleged robbery, right?
    Last edited by Merkava; 2016-08-19 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Oh snap! Just call him Black Racer as you scream, "HEE TOOK OUR GUUUURNS!"
    My AR-15 is still on the wall right next to me, loaded and everything. So why we're throwing strawmans about, will you be blaming me and my rifle the next time some asshole goes on a shooting spree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    So would a Bill Gates scandal be a Billgate or a Gategate?
    Gatesgate.

Unless it was a scandal involving his front gate, then you could call it Gatesgategate.

OT: I have no idea who these people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    They were in a cab when they were approached by a man with a gun. That man pointed the gun at them, made them sit down, and demanded money.

Sure there's huge parts of the story that appear fabricated, but there's also elements of truth to it as well. It seems like it's alleged vandalism vs alleged robbery, right?
    the vandalism is not alleged, the bathroom is all broke and the video points to them

what makes the story bad for the swimmers is that they lied since the begining, the time and place are all wrong
    they said they were robbed in a diferent time and not in a gas station
    and the guard do not speak english and a guy made the translations, some are saying that shit was lost in translation so could have been some kind o misunderstandment

but nothing of this really matter since they are already leaving, they only have to face the bad publicity now

the vandalism is not alleged, the bathroom is all broke and the video points to them

what makes the story bad for the swimmers is that they lied since the begining, the time and place are all wrong
    they said they were robbed in a diferent time and not in a gas station
    and the guard do not speak english and a guy made the translations, some are saying that shit was lost in translation so could have been some kind o misunderstandment

but nothing of this really matter since they are already leaving, they only have to face the bad publicity now
    Do you have any proof that they caused all of the vandalism that's alleged?

I acknowledged that the story is bad for the swimmers, and that they lied. But, I said that there were also elements of their story that were true. Are you denying that, yes or no?

Do you have any proof that they caused all of the vandalism that's alleged?

I acknowledged that the story is bad for the swimmers, and that they lied. But, I said that there were also elements of their story that were true. Are you denying that, yes or no?

yes, video and many witnesses

and i not denying or affirming anything, i saying what is on the news here
    but about their story, what part could be true? their story is not even in the same place
    the only story that is remotely likely what the video show is the one that Lochte gave to NBC

What a nutjob this guy is. Going to a Latin American country and making up some story like this is crazy. In half these countries it's guilty until proven innocent and they can leave you in jail for days. If he were just some shmuck tourist or visa-applicant, he'd be in a load of trouble.

yes, video and many witnesses

and i not denying or affirming anything, i saying what is on the news here
    but about their story, what part could be true? their story is not even in the same place
    the only story that is remotely likely what the video show is the one that Lochte gave to NBC
    Have you seen the video showing that they caused all of the vandalism that's alleged?

Again, did someone demand money from them at gunpoint? If you answer anything other than "no" then I'm going to say that there's elements of truth to the swimmer's story. Which is all that I said this whole time. If you answer no, then I'm going to ask you to offer proof of your position. Just so you're prepared.

Have you seen the video showing that they caused all of the vandalism that's alleged?

Again, did someone demand money from them at gunpoint? If you answer anything other than "no" then I'm going to say that there's elements of truth to the swimmer's story. Which is all that I said this whole time. If you answer no, then I'm going to ask you to offer proof of your position. Just so you're prepared.
    you seem to be in a competition, i'am not
    i was just passing what the police was saying, i dont give two shits to what actually happened
    so i will stop replying now

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    What a nutjob this guy is. Going to a Latin American country and making up some story like this is crazy. In half these countries it's guilty until proven innocent and they can leave you in jail for days. If he were just some shmuck tourist or visa-applicant, he'd be in a load of trouble.
    brazil has the opposite problem, impunity is a huge problem here
    those are rich american atletes, they were never in danger of doing time

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I passed by the living room TV several times through the day and it has been nothing but this. Ticker tape, breakdowns, interviews, on-sight reporting made me think something actually newsworthy happened.

Nope, just some dickheads being dicks.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

you seem to be in a competition, i'am not
    i was just passing what the police was saying, i dont give two shits to what actually happened
    so i will stop replying now

brazil has the opposite problem, impunity is a huge problem here
    those are rich american atletes, they were never in danger of doing time
    You said that you were taking issue with my statement that "the truth is usually somewhere in the middle," and when I show you that the truth does appear to be somewhere in the middle, and I ask if you have proof of what you're claiming, you say that I'm competing and that you don't want to talk to me? That's fine. Thanks for the discussion.
    Last edited by Merkava; 2016-08-19 at 03:34 AM.

You said that you were taking issue with my statement that "the truth is usually somewhere in the middle," and when I show you that the truth does appear to be somewhere in the middle, and I ask if you have proof of what you're claiming, you say that I'm competing and that you don't want to talk to me? That's fine. Thanks for the discussion.
    the thing is, i was never in a discussion with you, i was just passing the news
    and i said:

"I think the truth is usually somewhere in the middle." at that point the info was that they admited, so there's no middle (but now the confession may not be true)

because if they really admited the whole thing then yes there's no midle
    now we don't know what they said in their testimony

the thing is, i was never in a discussion with you, i was just passing the news
    and i said:

because if they really admited the whole thing then yes there's no midle
    now we don't know what they said in their testimony
    Of course there's a middle. Like I said, until the vandalism is proven, then it's alleged. Until the robbery is proven, then it's alleged. While there are reports for both, both appear to be alleged. That is the middle.

Unless of course, there's proof of either one.

This non-story seems way too convenient. I smell globalist shenanigans, to divert attention away from the failed Olympics and put a white American face on it as the cause. I would turn these athletes over to the locals until they confessed who paid them.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only issue I'd take is that they deliberately made stuff up because...Brazil (you know it's full of crime and one more crime added to the pile wouldn't hurt them anyway...very convenient!)...
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

So the swimmers didn't tell anyone except for Lochte who told his mom. It should've stopped there except the media interviewed his mom and his mom said he was robbed. Why did he tell his mom he was robbed? Who knows, maybe he just exaggerated? So the Brazilians heard about he robbery from the US media and they had a bunch of questions like why didn't you report it to the police?

What may have actually happened is the swimmers knocked down a door in a gas station. A security guard pulled a gun on them and the swimmers were made to pay for the door. Not sure why they knocked down the door, maybe alcohol was involved.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Ya, I'd be okay with not letting him back to any future olympics. The guy has been an embarrassing jerk for long enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

This incident completely changed my view on US citizens. Vandals and liars, all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacras View Post
    This incident completely changed my view on US citizens. Vandals and liars, all of them.
    Basically everyone in america is like, "WTF was that idiot thinking?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Wait... So you decided to name a controversy after the famous Watergate Hotel scandal, yet you did not know you were refering to this scandal?