Deleted

Control PC from smartphone

Are there smartphone apps that let me stream my PC to my smartphone, and let me control my PC from my smartphone? If so, what app is the best?

Your mind, you fool!

I've used the chrome remote desktop chrome extension and android app. It's free and works ok.

7+ Year Old Account
    I use teamviewer all the time from work to check up on things. Pretty reliable, so I would recommend it.

Teamviewer is the #1 remote desktop software afaik, and also available for smartphones.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Teamviewer is the #1 remote desktop software afaik, and also available for smartphones.
    Thirded, this is what I use at home and what we use at work, fantastic program. (In fact I'm lying in bed controlling my PC right now from my iPad.)

Deleted
    I installed Teamviewer. Is it possible to (more easily) control WoW remotely using it? Because its really wonky right now.

So i transfered a file (video file) from my PC to the phone via the app, but i can't find it anywhere on my phone. I can play the file if i select it via Teamviewer app, but its nowhere to be found without it.
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2016-08-18 at 12:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    When people say controlling your PC remotely I don't think they mean intense gaming sessions, lol.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I installed Teamviewer. Is it possible to (more easily) control WoW remotely using it? Because its really wonky right now.

So i transfered a file (video file) from my PC to the phone via the app, but i can't find it anywhere on my phone. I can play the file if i select it via Teamviewer app, but its nowhere to be found without it.
    If you mean the camera spinning out of control then no. I have tried multiple programs and they all have the same problem: Teamviewer, Vnc, Synergy, and some other one that no longer has a free option. That being said get a wireless keyboard with a pointing device such as a touch pad or thumb stick built in.

As for the file transfer issue I would blame that either on yourself or whatever device you have since Teamviewers file transfer works fine for me on several android devices and don't hide the files.

edit...

If you require the remote screen the only real solution is steam in home streaming but that currently requires a windows tablet (intel not arm) or pretty much any laptop made in the last 5-6 years. The drawbacks are you can't use the blizzard launcher with this and if using a touch only device you would likely need a real keyboard and mouse since in home streaming wasn't designed to provide touch controls at least for buttons that don't already exist onscreen.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2016-08-19 at 04:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Thirded, this is what I use at home and what we use at work, fantastic program. (In fact I'm lying in bed controlling my PC right now from my iPad.)
    I use mostly RealVNC but TeamViewer works too.

Deleted
    You should try ISL Online - controlling your PC from your smartphone works great! You just need to read the manual and install the app on your computer as well as on your smartphone (this part takes a little time).

10+ Year Old Account
    I was using Chrome remote desktop to do Class hall missions from work with my android phone. I just had to leave my toon right in front of the mission table so i could click it without turning the toon.

Now the companion app made it obsolete, but i still use it occationally from work to buy some heroes in clicker heroes or what not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I use mostly RealVNC but TeamViewer works too.
    Same here. I have RealVNC setup so I can access my PC anywhere. TeamViewer is for family members where I don't feel like setting up their router to work with VNC.

Chrome remote desktop extension is amazing. There is also a Windows remote desktop app that works with Windows 10 if you have it but requires config

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Window's built in remote desktop application works for both 7 and 10. Need Pro versions to be able to remote to it though. Smartphone's even have the app available. It's what I use when I need to remote access for files or anything. Only thing is I'm pretty sure you need to forward ports to connect outside of your network. At least I believe I did.

You won't really be gaming from any remote locations though with any remote desktop software though. On top of the latency you have bit rate to think about. Too much movement compresses the video greatly. Best thing to do this with is Moonlight if you have an NVIDIA GPU. Allows you to play games from your smartphone. Not sure if doable to another PC, but you'll still have latency to consider and you'd need a good internet connection.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Ive been using nvidia shadow play to play wow on my gaming desktop via my shield tablet with a keyboard and mouse. You need good interwebs connection on both ends and setting up my router's port forwarding was a major ball ache but its pretty amazing when it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Window's built in remote desktop application works for both 7 and 10. Need Pro versions to be able to remote to it though.
    And that's why nobody uses it.

You won't really be gaming from any remote locations though with any remote desktop software though. On top of the latency you have bit rate to think about. Too much movement compresses the video greatly. Best thing to do this with is Moonlight if you have an NVIDIA GPU. Allows you to play games from your smartphone. Not sure if doable to another PC, but you'll still have latency to consider and you'd need a good internet connection.
    The applications we're talking about are to control the PC for administration purposes. There are remote apps that specialize for playing games remotely from your PC. Though depending on your connection and distance, you will experience some latency. No need for Nvidia.

http://remotrapp.com/

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And that's why nobody uses it.
    I use it. I know many people who use it as I know many people with the Pro version of Windows. I'm only stating yet another option that could be available to the OP depending on which Windows version he has. The ignorant assumption that no one uses it wasn't necessary when it's obviously false. It's a good way to remote connect and doesn't even require third party software for people that do have Pro.

The applications we're talking about are to control the PC for administration purposes. There are remote apps that specialize for playing games remotely from your PC. Though depending on your connection and distance, you will experience some latency. No need for Nvidia.

http://remotrapp.com/
    Once again only stating one of the many available options. Not sure why you feel the need to try and pretend like they aren't viable when they most certainly are. If he has Pro then Window's built in option is a great choice for basic remote access. Dotmore has an Nvidia GPU last I checked so once again Moonlight is also a fantastic option for the gaming side of remote access.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    I use it. I know many people who use it as I know many people with the Pro version of Windows. I'm only stating yet another option that could be available to the OP depending on which Windows version he has. The ignorant assumption that no one uses it wasn't necessary when it's obviously false. It's a good way to remote connect and doesn't even require third party software for people that do have Pro.
    Windows Pro is very expensive for the handful of features that seem worth it. VNC is standard nowadays, and TeamViewer is in damn near everything. It works, it works but I feel there's better options out there.

Once again only stating one of the many available options. Not sure why you feel the need to try and pretend like they aren't viable when they most certainly are. If he has Pro then Window's built in option is a great choice for basic remote access. Dotmore has an Nvidia GPU last I checked so once again Moonlight is also a fantastic option for the gaming side of remote access.
    Nothing wrong with Moonlight, just that it uses ShadowPlay to get the job done, and I'm very much against proprietary Nvidia software. God forbid we have people so used to using software that only works on Nvidia hardware that their only choice for a GPU is Nvidia. Moonlight could use AMD's VCE and Intel's Quick Sync, but they like using Nvidia's NVENC only.

Anyway, another alternative is KinoConsole, which again is not AMD or Nvidia specific because it uses the CPU.

Here's the program.
    http://kinoconsole.kinoni.com/#features

Here's the Android app.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....console&hl=en