Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    nope.
    on live you have to aim slightly above the head, on the ptr its doubled.
    Not exactly doubled, but increased by a very significant margin.

15+ Year Old Account
    nope.
    The arrow is already dropping at the distance you are shooting from so it's not landing on the red dot. I tested it on live before I responded as well. Plus that robot's model is bobbing up and down in practice mode so we don't know the exact hitbox. A more accurate test would be to go against another player in a custom match where you know the exact model hitbox.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    The arrow is already dropping at the distance you are shooting from so it's not landing on the red dot. I tested it on live before I responded as well. Plus that robot's model is bobbing up and down in practice mode so we don't know the exact hitbox. A more accurate test would be to go against another player in a custom match where you know the exact model hitbox.
    I tested both PTR and live, standing in the same place (As close as I could). I could reliably hit the bot in the head on the PTR a fair bit above I could on live.
    I would test against other players, but I have no friends.

A blue post referring to whether Widowmmaker will be receiving any changes:

"Yea I've been trying to think of a way to do just this. I don't have anything concrete yet but I would like to allow for the old scoping method without the raw power gain it provided." - Geoff Goodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is what I don't really "get".

He's borderline unplayable without the adjusted projectile size, because he's a sniper, and his arrows have travel time, meaning that accuracy is a foregone dream to begin with, unlike Widowmaker. He can't lay down suppressing spray-fire, because he has to nock and draw each arrow.

If the options are "realistic hit-boxes that render the hero functionally useless" or "somewhat magical hitboxes that render them balanced in typical gameplay", I'll favor the latter every day, especially since Overwatch isn't a game that rests its laurels on realism in the first place.
    Because sitting at a corner, with no sight anywhere, and getting shot by a guy who can't see you and you can't see, is not even remotely fair. If he needs buffs, fine, do it, but don't literally break the game in order to make him an option.

nope.
    Just hope they can fix the horrible bug that afflicted the old system quickly so we can go back to the proper hitboxes and i can play Hanzo without having everything i do attributed to "large hitboxes" instead of my actual aim.

Personally I was look forward to more Mei buffs. Isn't Mei supposed to be a decent counter to Genji and Tracer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    Personally I was look forward to more Mei buffs. Isn't Mei supposed to be a decent counter to Genji and Tracer?
    There are no counters to those characters. Nerfing Genji's ult won't change that, though I guess the mobility nerf makes him easier to kill. The biggest problem is that tanks and offense characters either do too much damage, or defense characters do too little or have too many strings attached to their damage.

Maybe in the lower levels of play she can be ok, but at mid to high level play Mei cannot even remotely lock down either of them unless they fuck up horribly. And i mean Horribly. The only decent counter to Genji is McCree and Roadhog, but are somewhat reliant on landing their CC and blowing him up before it wears off (McCree to a lesser degree as he can land pot shots to pressure Genji back or kill him inbetween reflect CD's if he over-extends.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    There are no counters to those characters. Nerfing Genji's ult won't change that, though I guess the mobility nerf makes him easier to kill. The biggest problem is that tanks and offense characters either do too much damage, or defense characters do too little or have too many strings attached to their damage.
    I always figured Winston was a decent character for taking down Tracer or Genji. Also agreed on the whole strings attached thing for defense characters. I'm honestly hoping for a semi-overhaul for Mei.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosinciter View Post
    Maybe in the lower levels of play she can be ok, but at mid to high level play Mei cannot even remotely lock down either of them unless they fuck up horribly. And i mean Horribly. The only decent counter to Genji is McCree and Roadhog, but are somewhat reliant on landing their CC and blowing him up before it wears off (McCree to a lesser degree as he can land pot shots to pressure Genji back or kill him inbetween reflect CD's if he over-extends.)
    Kinda the reason why I started to get decent with Pharah. Mei just feels so useless half the time. I'm great at stalling, and flanking to pick off one or two folks, but beyond that, I feel kinda useless.

I always figured Winston was a decent character for taking down Tracer or Genji. Also agreed on the whole strings attached thing for defense characters. I'm honestly hoping for a semi-overhaul for Mei.
    imo, make Mei's alt fire her main fire, make a weak version of her ult as her alt fire, and make a souped-up version of her old main fire as her ult. Make it pierce, make it freeze in like 2.5 seconds, the whole shebang.

Kinda the reason why I started to get decent with Pharah. Mei just feels so useless half the time. I'm great at stalling, and flanking to pick off one or two folks, but beyond that, I feel kinda useless.
    Yeah Pharah should make a bit of a resurgence after the upcoming Discord Orb nerf. And yeah that's the main problem that Mei has she is really good in 1v1 scenarios and stalling, but her overall damage output is far too low for her to have any decent impact against mid level and higher players and while some can play her rather well there's just always a better hero choice in almost every scenario.

Genji got slammed way too hard I think.

If they're gonna nerf his mobility further, increase his normal damage again by a bit, since they originally nerfed that instead of his health pool for being so mobile.

I get his ult change, since he can wipe out an entire team with it, but without it, he basically is just stuck to harassing and picking off people who aren't in a group. He is really good of course at doing this, but I feel like he really can't do much the second a tank turns the corner.

Either that, or increase his damage on his alt fire even maybe. I don't know.

Deleted
    Mercy buffed again, Lucio and Zenyatta nerfed, love it. Perhaps now people can stop telling me to pick Lucio/Zenyatta instead of Mercy no matter what the map-mode is...

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But the problem is how..? Shorter CD's on his abilities are about the only way I can currently come up with
    I was wondering what would happen if you made a fully charged arrow hit scan, instead of projectile.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosinciter View Post
    Winston is a very good counter to Genji.
    Tracer vs Genji is an even match up and will come down to who is the better player.

For Genji yes, but not Tracer. She can head shot him all day whilst staying out of range of his tesla cannon. Leap is 6s CD blink is 3s... If the Tracer plays well Winston will have absolutely no other option but to put down his shield, and then leap away.
    And when you did take some damage just recall it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I was wondering what would happen if you made a fully charged arrow hit scan, instead of projectile.
    It would kinda lose the fun of a bow though. But yeah, that's also one if the things I thought about. But would it then still have flight decay? Or would it be 100% accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It would kinda lose the fun of a bow though. But yeah, that's also one if the things I thought about. But would it then still have flight decay? Or would it be 100% accurate?
    I'd probably say it would have to be 100% accurate. I guess it would be possible to do a hit scan weapon affected by gravity, but it wouldn't be terribly intuitive.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2016-08-19 at 10:36 AM.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I'd probably say it would have to be 100% accurate. I guess it would be possible to do a hit scan weapon affected by gravity, but it wouldn't be terribly intuitive.
    That's my issue.. It wouldn't feel like a bow if it was hitscan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Genji got slammed way too hard I think.

If they're gonna nerf his mobility further, increase his normal damage again by a bit, since they originally nerfed that instead of his health pool for being so mobile.

I get his ult change, since he can wipe out an entire team with it, but without it, he basically is just stuck to harassing and picking off people who aren't in a group. He is really good of course at doing this, but I feel like he really can't do much the second a tank turns the corner.

Either that, or increase his damage on his alt fire even maybe. I don't know.
    All that's necessary to keep Genji balanced.

Right now, Genji has;

1> Some of the highest mobility in the game, second only to Tracer horizontally, and second only to Pharah vertically
    2> Huge burst damage (150+) every few seconds, resetting instantly if you get a kill with it.
    3> Massive defenses to 80% of the heroes in his deflect, which has a short CD for its duration and deals enough damage it can not only protect him but secure kills itself
    4> An ult that can wipe an entire team more easily than most, since it's not avoidable like most

There's no real weak point. About the best you can say is that he's not great at sniper range, but his mobility and survival are such that he'd never want to BE at sniper range.

He SHOULD be flanking and picking off loners.

He SHOULD get smacked in the face if he turns a corner and runs into a tank.

Right now, imagine if Tracer could do 2-3 times the damage she currently deals, and had a massive defensive CD that meant she didn't have to book it, AND her ult meant that she could slap bombs on people for 8 seconds, not just once. That'd be comparable to current Genji.

As for Hanzo, what if they tweaked his kit's description slightly, and described his arrows as "homing arrows", with a short-range auto-lock? And changed the visuals to include that once they hit target range? Is it just that it "doesn't make realistic sense" that bothers people?