Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies][MCU] Spider-Man: Homecoming (*Spoilers*)

Marvel Studios and Sony are currently hard at work filming their first team up project, Spider-Man: Homecoming, which will mark the first solo movie for Spider-Man set within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Following his debut in Captain America: Civil War, audiences were reinvigorated with excitement for the future of the beloved character. This time around, Peter Parker (Tom Holland) will be spending most of his time in high school, and with the homecoming dance featured in the movie, he will need someone to go with.

When Zendaya was initially cast in the movie, who she was playing remained a secret, but it was revealed that she was scheduled to be the love interest. If the latest report is to be true, she will be one of Peter Parker’s most recognizable love interests from the comics.

The Wrap is reporting that Zendaya is not playing a character named Michelle as initially reported, but instead is actually playing Mary Jane Watson. Zendaya does not have the traditional redheaded look of MJ in the comics, and set photos indicate that the look will be a new take on the character.
    http://screenrant.com/zendaya-spider...y-jane-watson/

More SJW pandering or is Marvel just trying something new?

Yet another Spider-Man movie... Again ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Yet another Spider-Man movie... Again ..
    You sound like you need a whole lot more wall crawling goodness in your life.

So is she going to dye her hair red for the movie? One of the most defining characteristics of MJW is that shes a red head.

Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2016-08-19 at 06:05 AM.

Anyone is better than Kirsten Dunst.

Lets hope they redo the neck snap with her. They need to stop changing the race of characters and just add new ones.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    So is she going to dye her hair red for the movie? One of the most defining characteristics of MJW is that shes a red head.]
    From the article, it sounds like they're trying a "different approach" to the character MJ. Part of which sounds like they'll be ditching the red hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Lets hope they redo the neck snap with her. They need to stop changing the race of characters and just add new ones.
    That was Gwen Stacy

If you don't even know the difference between Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson...why do you even care about their ethnicity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    If you don't even know the difference between Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson...why do you even care about their ethnicity?
    Do you even need to really ask that question?
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    That was Gwen Stacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I do know the difference i'm saying im hoping they kill her off quick. Like open the movie with it. They are so into changing stuff so lets start off with Spidey accidentally snapping her neck from a vulture drop or hell Ironman even.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Do you even need to really ask that question?
    Its not a race thing could case less if spiderman is fucking a black chick its about them changing the character instead of just adding a new one. They have the material and can easily add a new one but rather make Bruce wayne into a Homesexual Transsexual Toaster than add something new.
    Last edited by Raptor With a Saber; 2016-08-19 at 06:32 AM.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

I do know the difference i'm saying im hoping they kill her off quick. Like open the movie with it. They are so into changing stuff so lets start off with Spidey accidentally snapping her neck from a vulture drop or hell Ironman even.
    Alternatively, you could just give her a chance.

I have never really understood why people get so wound up about this shit. I mean seriously. Mary Jane has a few important defining things. Being a redhead isn't one of them. Being a model is. Being the "girl next door" to Peter Parker is. Theoretically, Mary Jane could also be a Man, if Peter Parker was gay, because nothing at all requires Mary Jane be a woman, only that Mary Jane be Parker's love interest. Being a redhead is literally about the least important thing about the character of Mary Jane........

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I have never really understood why people get so wound up about this shit. I mean seriously. Mary Jane has a few important defining things. Being a redhead isn't one of them. Being a model is. Being the "girl next door" to Peter Parker is. Theoretically, Mary Jane could also be a Man, if Peter Parker was gay, because nothing at all requires Mary Jane be a woman, only that Mary Jane be Parker's love interest. Being a redhead is literally about the least important thing about the character of Mary Jane........

Lets say you had kids and they were awesome and when they were 40 they were replaced with Kids of a different race and looked nothing like the kids you loved would you be mad? You may say well thats totally different but its not. I mean its not about what your kids look like or who you grew up with right?
    WORLD POPULATION

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Wait, what? Why is Mary Jane not being a red head less important than her being a model? When I think of spidey's MJ, one of the first features that comes to mind is her red hair.

Lets say you had kids and they were awesome and when they were 40 they were replaced with Kids of a different race and looked nothing like the kids you loved would you be mad? You may say well thats totally different but its not. I mean its not about what your kids look like or who you grew up with right?
    Except this isn't anyone's kids. This is a comic book character. Every few years, we get a different actor to play those characters.

Last go around with Mary Jane we had Kirsten Dunst. She was White and had Red Hair...and she fucking sucked.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-08-19 at 06:44 AM.

i've pretty much lost any respect i had for marvel. this kind of bullshit is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really recall too many prominent characters being race swapped in the other direction. Sort of does feel like pandering, to me anyway.

Just don't support it in any way possible, if you don't like it either don't ever spend a cent that will benefit them for rebranding white pop culture to minority groups and perhaps eventually they will get someone with some creativity to make something new. Take it one step further, start formal protests, burn down studio buildings if you feel like it. Only reason they keep doing this is because they know that no one would care if they started making black cultural icons because they make up like <20% of the US population and proportionally more low income earners who probably won't support them anyway. No reason to think you have to see it just because its a spiderman movie. I've played WoW for 20 years and didn't see the movie because its a heap of shit that defaced everything I like about the game, if you feel the same way about the appropriation of white culture than just give it the Ghostbusters treatment and make them lose money because of it until they stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting for the historical movie where George Washington is played by a man of African decent. Or maybe Cortez meeting the Aztecs as an Asian transsexual.