Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well if Gargoyle is the ONLY thing you're willing to use, no wonder you're having issues.
    Agreed. I have won 2 out of 2 (first time within minutes of it launching so we had NO IDEA what each phase meant). And neither time did we need the gargoyle to win.

Game one ... we got a 80/80 Bolf with windfury (I made tons of mistakes as shaman lol). Game two was not quite as easy (but still pretty easy) ... had a 22/22 alakir to finish it (but it was mostly chipping away before that... and just one ancestral spirit at 30dmg board clear, with no minions over 30).

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    I'm talking about them buffing bran or dancing blades or other dumb stuff. Basically there are 2 win conditions in this brawl. Gargoyle and the +1/+1 whenever a card is played guy. Those are pretty much the only minions you should use buffs on.
    nah

you should just buff whatever and not attack with it until it's immortal

only reason to wait for stronger cards to buff is because most people are really, really, really fucking stupid and don't realize these simple strategies, and so when nef steals your hand full of buffs they'll just waste all your buffs on some minion that they then make sure dies, and it's harder for their own stupidity to defeat them in this way if they're buffing a stronger minion

priest could easily win this brawl solo by just buffing a whatever minion, though. in fact... it'd be easier solo, since then you don't have to worry about your "ally" stealing your cards and throwing them away
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

well the gargoyle is just no fun really, way too easy with it as nefarian got no anti giant minion thing like mechazod did.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    nah

you should just buff whatever and not attack with it until it's immortal

only reason to wait for stronger cards to buff is because most people are really, really, really fucking stupid and don't realize these simple strategies, and so when nef steals your hand full of buffs they'll just waste all your buffs on some minion that they then make sure dies, and it's harder for their own stupidity to defeat them in this way if they're buffing a stronger minion

priest could easily win this brawl solo by just buffing a whatever minion, though. in fact... it'd be easier solo, since then you don't have to worry about your "ally" stealing your cards and throwing them away
    Pretty much this. The Nef coop is not the same as the other one. Meaning that you should feel less 'required' to sit on cards waiting for that one or two other cards to be drawn to win with the same general type of massive combo. It is pretty dumb to sit on too many unplayed minions in your hand for this one, especially when Nef starts doing 5-10 random damage to minions/players. All that accomplishes is letting you or your opponent's face take even more damage, or you risking your other minions on board getting destroyed by the random dragon missiles when the minion in your hand could have been helping to soak damage that you could potentially keep all of your minions alive.

Also, aside from the phase changing board wipes Nef can't one shot minions like what happened during our first coop tavern brawl. Minions live longer during this brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    I'm talking about them buffing bran or dancing blades or other dumb stuff. Basically there are 2 win conditions in this brawl. Gargoyle and the +1/+1 whenever a card is played guy. Those are pretty much the only minions you should use buffs on.
    you can easily win without either of those cards

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    you can easily win without either of those cards
    He's talking about when Gargoyle is out and they buff something else. Because Garg is the primo target for all buffs, tossing them on something else is an indicator that your ally doesn't know what he's doing. Why waste 20 minutes with that?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    He's talking about when Gargoyle is out and they buff something else. Because Garg is the primo target for all buffs, tossing them on something else is an indicator that your ally doesn't know what he's doing. Why waste 20 minutes with that?
    I won my first game with us buffing the minion that draws a card when you cast a spell on it as I didn't know gargoyle was in the deck, although we went to fatigue so it was quite close.

Edit: nvm I misread.

I've played this brawl twice. The 1st time gargoyle was the last card drawn, the 2nd time in was in the last 5. It's kinda difficult to sit on a full hand waiting for something to happen.

Like when my teammate thought buffing my Fjola gave it Divine Shield

Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    I've played this brawl twice. The 1st time gargoyle was the last card drawn, the 2nd time in was in the last 5. It's kinda difficult to sit on a full hand waiting for something to happen.
    The one time I've played, the gargoyle got drawn (and destroyed) when my opponent's hand was full. But if the gargoyle is already out on the board, and your opponent starts buffing Brann, it's time to concede and try again.

They could at least allow people to earn the fucking card pack when playing with a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Deleted
    first time i did it i won with buffing a raidhealer giantly Lucky i did have other that wanst stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    He's. Talking. About. When. Garg. Is. Out.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

So just experienced an interesting bug with this tavern brawl. Had that minion that gains +1/+1 for each card played on my board, 2 Leeroy whelps, 3 Runts (that were barely spawned at the end of my turn by his final phase random 10 damage attack), & his 0/3 bomb minion. Thing is as those three runts were spawned at the same time when Nef was supposed to swap to my side of the board to also clear my board since I get an unlucky full board spawn with those runts Nef instead simply exploded & gave his defeat emote.

I have a theory that Nef is bugged to destroy himself if he swaps to a player's full board when he has his 0/3 9 damage exploding minion on that player's board. This is probably the case because none of Nef's attacks are meant to damage or destroy his bomb (and apparently that also goes for his board clear when swapping to a full board). The AI is programmed to die before he will destroy his own 0/3 bomb.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've only run into this once just barely so I can't test it any further yet, but I smell a bug.

Played it once, lost, fuck off. Yep.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    So just experienced an interesting bug with this tavern brawl. Had that minion that gains +1/+1 for each card played on my board, 2 Leeroy whelps, 3 Runts (that were barely spawned at the end of my turn by his final phase random 10 damage attack), & his 0/3 bomb minion. Thing is as those three runts were spawned at the same time when Nef was supposed to swap to my side of the board to also clear my board since I get an unlucky full board spawn with those runts Nef instead simply exploded & gave his defeat emote.

I have a theory that Nef is bugged to destroy himself if he swaps to a player's full board when he has his 0/3 9 damage exploding minion on that player's board. This is probably the case because none of Nef's attacks are meant to damage or destroy his bomb (and apparently that also goes for his board clear when swapping to a full board). The AI is programmed to die before he will destroy his own 0/3 bomb.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've only run into this once just barely so I can't test it any further yet, but I smell a bug.
    It happens when the opposing player has a board with less than 7 minions at end of turn, Nefarian attacks, and the opposing player ends up with 7 minions on their side when he's about to switch to it. Since he already declared his attack and didn't destroy the opposing board beforehand, he has nowhere to switch to, and just explodes as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Don't stack the board until he's below 60 health either. At 60, he heals 30 health and deals 30 damage to every minion. Lost quite a few times because of my teammate loading the board up and getting wiped.
    Unless you get that one card that buffs by +1/+1 every time a card is played up to a 80/80 with windfury.

That's how I got my one win done, the shaman seemed to have caught on pretty well to that when I started to place Power Word Tentacles and other similar buffs on it.

I liked this brawl, but these co op ones are just a one play for me. Win the game and get the booster pack. kthnx bye.

This Week's Tavern Brawl: Captain Blackheart's Tresure!

"The Captain left treasure for EVERYONE, but mostly for you! Each turn, open a chest of three random cards and choose one to put in your hand!"

According to comments, discover works differently for this Brawl: you get two random minions followed by a guaranteed spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    20 minute games, not fun.