Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

This is irrational, but...

I came back about three and a half weeks ago, subbed and pre-purchased Legion. I've been enjoying the invasion content, have liked Demon Hunters and have been enjoying my DK and Monk at 100 after the pre-patch. But I'm letting my sub lapse in a few days.

Why would I do that a week before Legion? That's borderline insane, right? Well, it doesn't have to be rational. I've been maining or at least prioritizing a warlock since early 2005. He's the first character I seriously raided with, the first I had an epic mount on when I completed the vanilla Dreadsteed at 60, the first to step through the Dark Portal, the first to kill the Lich King, the first to face down Deathwing and the first one to set foot on Pandaria. Etc.

I always level my warlock first. It's just a thing I do. Of course right now my problem is that warlocks are shit. Every spec is clunky. Every spec's DPS is low. Every spec's survivability and utility has been gimped. No spec is viscerally fun.

So sadly, I guess I have to wait until 7.1 or whenever they do their big "oh shit oh shit oh shit nobody's playing warlocks!" re-balance before I come back. Bit sad because I was looking forward to Legion. Yes, I know this is all irrational. But it's just a thing I do. If there was even one decent spec for warlocks right now I'd pick it up and roll with it. Oh well. I'll be back but it might be a while.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Felt like destro seemed to be one of the top caster specs on parses from 110 mythic raider streams.

Aff and Demo both still doing insanely well in PvP. The only reason they nerfed their survival was because aff was literally unkillable in duels by almost any class. Many classes have been getting hit with nerfs in PvP for extremely obvious and necessary reasons.

So yea, they aren't the top class, but I guess that makes them shit. They're still pretty retard friendly in pvp right now so 1 less lock helps me out I guess, even though I'm infinitely confident we'd never be playing in the same bracket.

Have fun on your WoW break.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Would you like us to hold the door for you? Seriously what do you want from your long winded post? I don't know why people feel the need to go to a forum and announce that Elvis is leaving the building, you are not Elvis. Nobody here can do anything for you nor do we care what your reasons are or why you are leaving.

It is time to get over yourself.

Don't get me wrong, i play WL since WoW EU release, too. But i will not level it first. But my point is, at the moment, everyone and their mother seem to play a WL, especially BGs. 7-9 out of 15 people in a BG are WLs for many BGs I go into. And 90% of them are Affliction of course. So, as long as that does not change, Blizzard will do shit with the class. The main problem why the class is so "undone" is, that speccs like Destruction went onto Alpha/Beta as last specc. And Blizzard said, the reason is, they felt Destruction is already in a good spot and all that, and they felt its the the specc that needs the least amount of changes blablabla.

What I do not understand tho, if it was in a good spot already, why did they change and remove all the stuff that MADE it so good actually? That's such a dumb bullshit, I can not get over it. But classes like DK got into Alpha/Beta first, and had the biggest overhauls for all 3 speccs, and guess what, they are done well so far. I really hope they get their work done on the WL class later on, which they should have done in alpha testing imho.
    Last edited by nodq; 2016-08-19 at 03:43 AM.

Dps is fine really annoying reading people bitch about dps etc..... EVERY CLASS is missing 2-3 abilities. On beta ive done mythic 10+ probably 30 times ive never had a moment of omg that dps sucks.

Every spec is clunky? affliction is so damn smooth again!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Putting pathetic fanbois, white knight nitwits, and cunt anti-flyers on /ignore
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I came back about three and a half weeks ago, subbed and pre-purchased Legion. I've been enjoying the invasion content, have liked Demon Hunters and have been enjoying my DK and Monk at 100 after the pre-patch. But I'm letting my sub lapse in a few days.

Why would I do that a week before Legion? That's borderline insane, right? Well, it doesn't have to be rational. I've been maining or at least prioritizing a warlock since early 2005. He's the first character I seriously raided with, the first I had an epic mount on when I completed the vanilla Dreadsteed at 60, the first to step through the Dark Portal, the first to kill the Lich King, the first to face down Deathwing and the first one to set foot on Pandaria. Etc.

I always level my warlock first. It's just a thing I do. Of course right now my problem is that warlocks are shit. Every spec is clunky. Every spec's DPS is low. Every spec's survivability and utility has been gimped. No spec is viscerally fun.

So sadly, I guess I have to wait until 7.1 or whenever they do their big "oh shit oh shit oh shit nobody's playing warlocks!" re-balance before I come back. Bit sad because I was looking forward to Legion. Yes, I know this is all irrational. But it's just a thing I do. If there was even one decent spec for warlocks right now I'd pick it up and roll with it. Oh well. I'll be back but it might be a while.
    Thank you for your post, and congratulations on your impeccable sentence structure, grammar, and spelling.

Hopefully you will enjoy, or at least appreciate on an ironic level, the monosyllabic responses peppered with "lols" and "lels" that you will receive from those who know for a fact that locks are ok, and that the problem is actually you.

As far as waiting around for blizz to fix warlocks - this isn't like nerfing fire damage every patch back in ToTC during Wrath. Blizz went fullblown batshit in early WoD replacing good class design with bad, and they seem very proud of and committed to continuing that approach.
    Terms used by morons: "passive-aggressive", "lol", "lel", "kek", "um", "welp", "dat", "legendberries", & "you do realize".
    People who use "/thread" are not morons - even morons aren't that fucked up.
    But for abject, pathetic stupidity - nobody beats the "Hay if u dont play wow why u on theez bords lol" crowd.

I am sure Blizzard will make sure at least one lock spec do decent numbers for 110, but yes they are clearly the worst class right now. They don't excel at anything, no spec is fun to play either. I was hoping to main lock in legion, but there's just no reason to right now.

Its your decision if you wanna play again at launch, but you need to understand that the pre-patch is inherently broken without classes having their artifact weapons. Some classes have a lot of their stuff wrapped up in those, so for all intents and purposes you're forming your snap-decisions on only playing half a class.
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2016-08-19 at 04:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Its your decision if you wanna play again at launch, but you need to understand that the pre-patch is inherently broken without classes having their artifact weapons. Some classes have a lot of their stuff wrapped up in those, so for all intents and purposes you're forming your snap-decisions on only playing half a class.
    Excellent point, but that still falls into the realm of "wait, things will get better", and people have been waiting for a while for things to get better.

Update -

And by the way, taking things that are fine, completely ruining them, and then making some of the ruiined things slightly not as bad while making other things even worse, is not the same as making things better. Didn't think this level of clarification would be needed, but you know...some people.
    Last edited by hiramloram; 2016-08-20 at 04:06 AM.
    Terms used by morons: "passive-aggressive", "lol", "lel", "kek", "um", "welp", "dat", "legendberries", & "you do realize".
    But for abject, pathetic stupidity - nobody beats the "Hay if u dont play wow why u on theez bords lol" crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hiramloram View Post
    Excellent point, but that still falls into the realm of "wait, things will get better", and people have been waiting for a while for things to get better.
    And? As a matter of fact things DO get better if you wait - this is EXACTLY like at start of WoD when Blizzard went with nerfhammer on Warlocks and everyone was like "omg ded class lol wtf Blizz hates us we will be shit whole expansion", as a result couple of first weeks in Highmaul Warlocks were weak and then Demo was suddenly buffed through the roof and carried Highmaul and BRF.

So yes, IF it is AS bad as people say - it will be fixed.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Dear MMO-Diary.."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    And? As a matter of fact things DO get better if you wait - this is EXACTLY like at start of WoD when Blizzard went with nerfhammer on Warlocks and everyone was like "omg ded class lol wtf Blizz hates us we will be shit whole expansion", as a result couple of first weeks in Highmaul Warlocks were weak and then Demo was suddenly buffed through the roof and carried Highmaul and BRF.

So yes, IF it is AS bad as people say - it will be fixed.
    But see that is both my problem and my solution. The problem is that it's crap now. It will continue to be crap for the first few weeks at least of Legion. That's what's quite disappointing.

Of course the solution is baked right in. Leave now. Come back when it's fixed. Enjoy the class right out of the starting gate. The real shame is having to wait.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    But see that is both my problem and my solution. The problem is that it's crap now. It will continue to be crap for the first few weeks at least of Legion. That's what's quite disappointing.

Of course the solution is baked right in. Leave now. Come back when it's fixed. Enjoy the class right out of the starting gate. The real shame is having to wait.
    No sense compensating blizz for a product you don't enjoy. And you should question the motives, and comments in general, of anyone who encourages you to do otherwise.

i honestly don't see why people are hating on warlocks. i'm having fun on mine. it and my demon hunter are the only two i'm not entirely bored while i'm playing.

Thats odd. The warlocks in my raid are doing top 5 dps. And i keep seeing random "simulation numbers" that suggest they will be around that area still.

So you're leaving the game, before hitting 110, because you don't like Warlock's dps ? roflmao

Dear OP, didn't read all the responses, but my situation is a lot like yours You know what's going to be fun? Leveling a lock! I'm leveling destruction so the rotation etc gets burned into my finger memory. The void is practically unkillable. With havoc (or wreak havoc) you can kill two bigs at once, nonstop. And you literally cannot die with lock bubbles. I've been doing dailies and mobs die so fast, with 2 chaos bolt omg! Just saying it's fun! Other classes more fun? Maybe... Anyway, if you level a lock by the time you finish your artifact weapon and get into Emerald Nightmare maybe locks will be all fixed. PS I bet we'll have the best class hall in game. PSS - go get green fire, omg sexy!!!

The problem is that it's crap now.
    Warlock tuning since mop has always ended up strong. Maybe I missed some recent hotfix but at least on beta tests our destros did decent. Yes of course not one of the strongest specs but still given recent history I wouldn't worry too much and since there will be likely a fix to get them back up there.

So you're forcing yourself to unsub, trying to make some weird point and hoping that someone out there at Blizzard would get the hint?

Don't know about rational or irrational ... but it sure is silly.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2016-08-19 at 08:42 AM.