Thread: USA colors

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

USA colors

USA flag consists of three colors. Blue, Red and White.

Supposing you would represent USA in a sport or an event. Which single color outfit code do you think would be most appropriate for your nation?

Only Blue?
    Only Red?
    Only White?

Just curious. To answer about my very own nation (Greece) it would be without doubt blue or sky blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue. White would be my next choice.

Something like this.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Olympic outfits have confused me on more than one occasion with Canadian athletes. We're usually the red people, but then there's random blue outfits and shit. Have been caught cheering for the wrong person once or twice when changing over to an event in progress.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Camouflage

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue. White shows dirt and other imperfections too easily. Red would most easily be mistaken for non-friendly nations.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Something like this.

Do you think the chick in the middle knows she has the flag of Liberia on her face?

10+ Year Old Account
    AR-15 Black.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Do you think the chick in the middle knows she has the Liberian flag on her face?
    She's blonde so not likely.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Do you think the chick in the middle knows she has the flag of Liberia on her face?
    It's kind of close to Cuba's too, IIRC. She was too lazy to do all the stars. The girl on the right is saying, "I'm not covering up this face."

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Liberia, fuck yeah! Comin' again to eat your mothafuckin' corpse yeah!

There's way too many countries that use red, white, and blue for their flags these days though, so it is sort of meaningless because there's no telling who you're supposed to be representing unless you got a big USA plastered across your chest.

Wearing all white reminds me of Backstreet Boys/Sisqo and just 90's in general.

So I guess I'd do that.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's kind of close to Cuba's too, IIRC. She was too lazy to do all the stars. The girl on the right is saying, "I'm not covering up this face."
    Also kind of close to puerto rico and texas.

Red obviously. Like these guys are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Why would I be representing the USA?
    2. How desperate is their football team that they would want a ropey Sunday league-level player?
    3. Can I pick both red and white please?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was typing a long lecture about how there are too few perceptibly distinct colours to the human eye to have a distinct colour for every nation on Earth, but then realised that just about everyone knows this and I would be wasting my time- consider yourself lucky

For South Africa I would choose green

As for the question on the US, I don't know which colour would be most applicable. I'm erring on the side of dark blue, but in my mind that is already France (No, Civilization 3! bad boy!).

Deleted
    Isn't USA flag based on some muslim flag??

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    USA flag consists of three colors. Blue, Red and White.

Supposing you would represent USA in a sport or an event. Which single color outfit code do you think would be most appropriate for your nation?

Only Blue?
    Only Red?
    Only White?

Just curious. To answer about my very own nation (Greece) it would be without doubt blue or sky blue.
    The colours traditionally connected to a country aren't necessarily those on its flag, but I suppose with the USA being as young as it is and being a former colony of GB they would just choose one of those three. But why would you choose just one? Pick at least a combination of two.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Olympic outfits have confused me on more than one occasion with Canadian athletes. We're usually the red people, but then there's random blue outfits and shit. Have been caught cheering for the wrong person once or twice when changing over to an event in progress.
    That one is because there are some nations that picked their colours first, thus you get a hirarchy and whenever two countries who picked the same colour meet the one which was first gets to keep theirs and the other has to go for an alternative.

(That is why Germany almost always gets dips on Black and White despite not having white on its flag (anymore) and GB having Green as one of its colours.)

So, really, you cannot win if you take just one colour. Pick white and I will think you are representing Germany; Blue, France; and Red, Belgium. :P