Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Don't be overly concerned; the Legion questing isn't as "on rails" as we've seen in other cases, and simply exploring and looking for rares is rewarding on its own. Since this little quest line is really just a storytelling device, I don't really have s problem with it. Just as an example, after a small quest line to start Suramar, you have 3 different branches to start, and just by random wandering you'll find a fourth in a very challenging area. At least it was in early beta, anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's good to hear. I heard legion questing was great, so I'm excited for that. I have the beta but at this point I'd rather just wait for the game to come out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    I mean, I understand that the patch and quest were more about the lore but holy moly, please tell me I was not the only one falling asleep from how..not so fun it was. It would have been nice to at least have something more to do instead of attacking a total of about 8 mobs at 3 different times.

Has anyone messed with the BETA and is there a fun finish to this chain besides the Dalaran hearth?
    Legion is full to the brim with story. Don't you worry. I've seen some of it, and it's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by simpleton View Post
    I think its the best one yet.
    i think so too

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    So they've resurrected Illidan, now they're resurrecting Medivh too?? This is getting laughably bad.
    implying medivh hasn't resurrected himself before

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    implying medivh hasn't resurrected himself before
    Medivh had been resurrected by his mother some time before WC3 happened. That's why he could warn Thrall etc. from the Legion. So he's still alive and kicking, but we don't know where he has gone.

Illidan is a whole different story however... to me it feels more like a "well-hiddden" retcon because they realized what a waste of potential the BT raid in BC has been in terms of story development.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I understand that the patch and quest were more about the lore but holy moly, please tell me I was not the only one falling asleep from how..not so fun it was. It would have been nice to at least have something more to do instead of attacking a total of about 8 mobs at 3 different times.

Has anyone messed with the BETA and is there a fun finish to this chain besides the Dalaran hearth?
    It is a story patch, that is what it is for.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

the dalaran relocation quest line is kinda just meh it gives the casual players an idea of wtf is going on and gives you a hearthstone so you can get back quick. The real fun begins with the questing in the various zones but its very similar to WoD style questing so theres not much exploring needed you are told where to go and what to do. There is maybe 2 quests in each zone that aren't shown to you via quest locations. Overall its very linear and the mob scaling in each zone never allows or gives you a feeling of over leveling a zone and 3 shotting mobs until about 820 ilvl at 110. (from my beta experience).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    It's a lore questline to set us up for legion, the voice overs seem to not be working tho so it makes it really boring.The "Azeroth is a titan" moment is supposed to be a first time discovery for those who didn't read the Chronicles, also Magni's return is big too. Overall I liked it, just not doing it on my other 100's until they fix the Voice overs.
    I was surprised Azeroth is considered female. I thought she was male since her name ends on "roth" like Khaz'goroth.

Btw. do we know what happens with the life on it once a Titan awakens? I'm not entirely convinced that would be pleasant.

7+ Year Old Account
    So they've resurrected Illidan, now they're resurrecting Medivh too?? This is getting laughably bad.
    medeivh was resurrected a few times before, remember when his head was chopped off in warcraft 1, the first war, then he showed up to tell everyone of the plague? then he showed up at the end of warcraft 3 to say the world doesent need a guardian? also we dont know if hes coming back in 7.1 im thinking sargeras maybe because sargeras was inside of medivh, so he was technically moros's master aswell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    I was surprised Azeroth is considered female. I thought she was male since her name ends on "roth" like Khaz'goroth.

Btw. do we know what happens with the life on it once a Titan awakens? I'm not entirely convinced that would be pleasant.
    nope, something we will learn later, and btw you can prob get rid of the "no beta club" stuff cause beta is basicly over and the meme is dead :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lylandra View Post
    Medivh had been resurrected by his mother some time before WC3 happened. That's why he could warn Thrall etc. from the Legion. So he's still alive and kicking, but we don't know where he has gone.

Illidan is a whole different story however... to me it feels more like a "well-hiddden" retcon because they realized what a waste of potential the BT raid in BC has been in terms of story development.
    in bc they whent "shit we need a cool bad guy... uhh illidan" because back then they dident even think there was going to be another expansion, so they basicly ruined his storyline and made him a bad guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I was not the only one falling asleep from how..not so fun it was
    You are probably the only one.

Deleted
    but hey, wait a moment, sec, ok? was it even confirmed that Medivh will appear in any sort of form?

Deleted
    I'm not impressed, couldn't really give a fuck about lore, I just like killing dudes. As for the Invasions, most ppl just hover above for the Shards and they are just a lagfest anyways. A new dungeon / bg would of been so much better

This questline is simply to get us to Broken Isles, in the scheme of things you are perfectly correct.... it is NOTHING.

The actual questing and lore and zones and professions and dungeons are much much better.

The invasions are not lagfests at all unless you are playing on a toaster, upgrade your "gaming" kitchen implement and you might be surprised.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    Don't like these quests, they feel more like you're watching a cinematic as opposed to playing a game.
    Lore & Story quests in an MMORPG?! THE HORROR!

Wait,WHAT?Who is ressurecting Medivh?

Deleted
    What quest did you play?

Totally different then mine thats for sure.

Are you sure you didnt just replay the TBC black temple patch video?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Wait,WHAT?Who is ressurecting Medivh?
    The 7.1 patch video, "return to Karazan" has Moroes mono-logging about anticipating his masters return, plus the crow in the video!

Not really, let's see what this patch has to offer.
    An epic lore reveal, especially that Azeroth is a female titan.
    Takes us back to cool places like Ulduar and Karazhan.
    Broken shore experience.
    Demon Hunters.
    Transmog feature.
    Invasions that are quite epic.
    Invasion xp is awesome.
    Invasion gear is awesome.
    Cool class changes for the most part.
    HFC nerfs that make it ridiculously easy to pug. Got a mage 4p and heroic archi staff in 2 resets, as well as much more gear. I don't need to find the very best players to clear it, neither are ppl asking for 720+ to do HFC HC anymore.
    So yeah, pretty fucking epic patch, I would say that this is the most fun I had in WoD so far... owait it's not even WoD content!

Quote Originally Posted by yogsohot View Post
    I'm not impressed, couldn't really give a fuck about lore, I just like killing dudes. As for the Invasions, most ppl just hover above for the Shards and they are just a lagfest anyways. A new dungeon / bg would of been so much better
    You know, if that's really the case...Overwatch is a thing. You just kill and kill, and all the story/lore exists outside the game...Just saying...
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by TolanNightBlade View Post
    The 7.1 patch video, "return to Karazan" has Moroes mono-logging about anticipating his masters return, plus the crow in the video!
    Well,that would be glorious...