Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    As a player coming back from a long long holiday, I didn't get a thing. I completed the chain which took me like 2-3 hours to complete and then I dont know what to do with my character.

That invasion thing was a mess, just a lot of people gathered killing a few mobs but thats all didn't feel anything special around it.

Its the first time tbh that I feel so unattracted into playing... like even last xpac it was pretty obvious go to the isle and start farming for gear etc. This time its just I dont know where to farm or what to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    As a player coming back from a long long holiday, I didn't get a thing. I completed the chain which took me like 2-3 hours to complete and then I dont know what to do with my character.

That invasion thing was a mess, just a lot of people gathered killing a few mobs but thats all didn't feel anything special around it.

Its the first time tbh that I feel so unattracted into playing... like even last xpac it was pretty obvious go to the isle and start farming for gear etc. This time its just I dont know where to farm or what to do.
    The timeless isle of WoD is Tanaan Jungel, like it gets thrown in your face to go there if you havent already and visits your garrison.

Its pointless tho, as the invasions reward itemlvl 700+ gear which is way better. And again the quest lines point you right in the direction of them :P

Besides, who cares it's 1,5 week untill legion shows up, unless you badly want the pre-patch exclusives or level some alt to 100 before patch hits, there is no reason to really play atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylandra View Post
    Illidan is a whole different story however... to me it feels more like a "well-hiddden" retcon because they realized what a waste of potential the BT raid in BC has been in terms of story development.
    I posted a whole thing about how TBC could have been much much better on some forum a while back that basically said Illidan should have been asking us for help, we go to Outland and help take down the fel horde and demons, Kael'thas goes crazy and summons more demons who then take over the Black Temple, capture the Illidari, and then block off the Dark Portal so we can't get back while Kael goes to Sunwell to summon Kil'jaeden.

Anyway, as for the topic of Illidan's resurrection: He can't die anyway. He has an immortal demon soul so he was just kinda imprisoned for a while in a crystal which... doesn't make much sense anyway considering that when a Demon with an immortal soul dies it has its body rebuild itself in the Twisting Nether... let's just assume that the crystal was preventing this and that's why Gul'dan had to break his soul free from his corpse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsohot View Post
    I'm not impressed, couldn't really give a fuck about lore, I just like killing dudes. As for the Invasions, most ppl just hover above for the Shards and they are just a lagfest anyways. A new dungeon / bg would of been so much better
    Maybe try updating your 10 year old machine then?

Quote Originally Posted by yogsohot View Post
    I'm not impressed, couldn't really give a fuck about lore, I just like killing dudes. As for the Invasions, most ppl just hover above for the Shards and they are just a lagfest anyways. A new dungeon / bg would of been so much better
    You dont get it..neither do the folks saying the kara/dal chain is a snorefest get it either.

This content is to hype those who are actually caring about story or lore. Its made for that audience. They know players exist that just want to kill mobs pvp raid and don't give a shit about lore...that content comes Aug 30th its called legion.

Deleted
    Must admit I was very unimpressed with the actual quest, the lore is cool (although I'd hazard a guess that anyone who cares already knows this stuff), it just would have been nice if the gameplay came even remotely close to reflecting the importance of the lore.

That and invasions are starting to grate means I have decided to take a break a couple of days...

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    The timeless isle of WoD is Tanaan Jungel, like it gets thrown in your face to go there if you havent already and visits your garrison.

Its pointless tho, as the invasions reward itemlvl 700+ gear which is way better. And again the quest lines point you right in the direction of them :P

Besides, who cares it's 1,5 week untill legion shows up, unless you badly want the pre-patch exclusives or level some alt to 100 before patch hits, there is no reason to really play atm.
    No I don't I am just saying that its the first time I login before an xpac, having a character that is way too undergeared and I can't be bothered into finding ways to improve that. Maybe its just me.

Also trade chat (silvermoon EU) seems to be dead etc, I dont know why. Hopefully it will get better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Wait,WHAT?Who is ressurecting Medivh?
    Who said that Medivh was even dead? He was ressurected before WC3 by his mother.

It's not a patch.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Who said that Medivh was even dead? He was ressurected before WC3 by his mother.
    I think its something most people assume since he has been awol for quite a time. Especially weird him not being here right now where all this shit is going down.

Maybe he scared of Sarg?

oh boy another complaint QQ thread. What a surprise. It's a pre expack storyline quest that builds up to the events that happen in Legion, it wasn't meant to be some epic huge questchain. It sets the stage for Legion, that's it. Compared to how they used to do things I for one am totally okay with it. If you didn't play in Vanilla then you were lucky. Imagine having the AQ gate opening server wide farming requirement they once had, then you can talk about pain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    No I don't I am just saying that its the first time I login before an xpac, having a character that is way too undergeared and I can't be bothered into finding ways to improve that. Maybe its just me.

Also trade chat (silvermoon EU) seems to be dead etc, I dont know why. Hopefully it will get better.
    Then maybe you're either tired of the game or that character, as improving your gear and collecting stuff is pretty much the game in a nutshell.

I'm on Silvermoon EU as well, the reason trade is abit more silent is because everyone and their mother is out doing invasions, also the new silence system has shut up alot of spammers :P

But even then, I see plenty of activity all times of the day, well not at 3-6 am in the morning, but still :P

I even had to sit in a queu the other day :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    So they've resurrected Illidan, now they're resurrecting Medivh too?? This is getting laughably bad.
    Medivh isn't dead. His mother resurrected him a long time ago. He was alive and well in Warcraft III

10+ Year Old Account
    People complained because lore changed were not added in the game (for example Cairne killed in the fight with Garrosh). Now they fix that problem by adding lore scenario, and people complain. Blizzard can't never win.

I will agree on this: it should be skippable when you do it once on each faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    yep when i did it on beta i was like, wow theyve put alot of work into the voice acting. then on live, i'm reading and going wait wut?
    First time i did the quest on live, the only one to have a voice was the Echo of Algalon. But the rest of the scenario was silent. =/

Quote Originally Posted by TolanNightBlade View Post
    The 7.1 patch video, "return to Karazan" has Moroes mono-logging about anticipating his masters return, plus the crow in the video!
    Kadghar turns into a crow too (watch the Legion reveal video), wears Atiesh and is the master of Kharazan.

Still, Moroes could be anticipating the return of Medhiv as much as he could be anticipating the return of Sargeras since he seems happy to see the legion coming in full swing.

If you stop looking at the game like it's a loot chest then there is fun in it. There are those things called as story and lore. Lots of things already happened and this is just pre-patch. We have enough content for a pre-patch.

When How and Why people thought Medivh was the one returning?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

That is unless Moroes is thinking about the sargaras part of medivh.

Seriously. For us lore junkies, Seeing the council of six, Dalaran moving (with drawbacks to the population, like one guy is literally stuck in a wall in TWO opposite parts of the city, people are dizzy, one wizard is being chased by unstable energy), Magni returning as diamonds and being the mortal voice for frikken Azeroth herself. Brann being his cheerful old self, returning to ulduar to learn more ingame rather than from the chronicle or book.

The invasions are a great. (seriously what are people expecting? We are getting stuff for lore junkies, stuff for loot junkies, alt junkies, transmogers. Its a pre-event.)

It was all great.

People who look at the game as a loot threadmill.