Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    They had ALWAYS without exception promised a faster expansion cycle - until now. I guess it took so long to realize that 1) they really cannot do it 2) noone believes the fast expansion cycle promise anymore since they have failed to deliver so many times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Eh... and does it matter how they said it? It's obvious they know they have fucked up. That's why they are changing their design idea all the way around. That's pretty much like saying: this didn't work, let's try something else. Learning from mistakes is the most important part about realizing a mistake. Everything else is irrelevant.

If I made a mistake and that was how I apologized to you would you accept it? I wouldn't.
    Why not say they expanded thier brand with hearthstone, heroes of the storm, and overwatch and they got spread a little thin?
    Remember they charged more than ever before for WoD. They literally had a patch that added a selfie cam and Twitter and that was it. Then add in they had the flying debacle too. WoD was a disaster and the sub numbers show it, which by the way for so bad they don't reveal those anymore. This is a half ass admittal at best. I hope they did learn from this and it gets better but to say this is a true apology/admittal is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    If you require any further assistance in reading please let me know.

As far as I can see you guys are the same old video game nerds who cry and bitch and moan about everything, please find somewhere else to go.

Starting with WoD?

They've been trying since THE BURNING CRUSADE.
    So you admit they have been saying and trying for this since tbc and yet failed once again and delievered a disaster of an expansion in WoD. To say any different then it was a near game killing disaster is wrong. But this half ass apology/admittal if fine. I would be fine if they just said nothing in this and delievered us a great expansion. Since they have proven over and over thier word is meaningless. So why do it again anyway?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    "There was a period where the team focused on faster expansions, sacrificing things that they shouldn't have. This made the experience worse."

Saw it on the front page of mmochamp and cannot believe they would say those words. When exactly were those faster xpacs? All of them have taken forever. If the past xpacs have been "fast" for them, when will the next one be? 2020?
    Basically everything after Wrath...

Is not that they toke long to release, is the fact that you´d be sitting doing the same thing for months because Xpansions were way too fast.

This is good news, they should have realised 5 years ago tho. None wants fast content, we rather be months in the same tier BUT literally being there for months, not clearing in 3 weeks then waiting...

Blizzard just says whatever people want to hear.

- The team is never going to rush an expansion, they will be released when they are done.
    - This time around there won't be a content drought - "Don't worry, we got you!"

Don't you see these 2 contradict each other?

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Blizzard just says whatever people want to hear.

- The team is never going to rush an expansion, they will be released when they are done.
    - This time around there won't be a content drought - "Don't worry, we got you!"

Don't you see these 2 contradict each other?
    I think negative nancies see what they want to see. No contradiction there. It implies that there will be more content in Legion extend across the current expansion. English is hard apparently.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    I would be fine if they just said nothing in this and delievered us a great expansion. Since they have proven over and over thier word is meaningless. So why do it again anyway?
    The lucky thing about Blizzard is that, like big rock bands, they don´t need to bother with promotion. If something good lands people will eventually know anyways, because after all, this is still World Of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    They had ALWAYS without exception promised a faster expansion cycle - until now. I guess it took so long to realize that 1) they really cannot do it 2) noone believes the fast expansion cycle promise anymore since they have failed to deliver so many times already.
    The smart money is with this statement.

So many inside sources of Blizzard on this-thread mindblow

There are plenty of reasons to do a fast expansion.

1 A quick $50

2 Sub always goes up whenever there is a new expansion.

3 Sub always drops on the last (third) tier. Even a great tier like ICC sees sub drop.
    This is why Blizzard decides not have a third tier in WoD.

Blizzard does the opposite whatever it did last expansion.
    For example,
    MoP - LFR gear has tier bonus
    WoD - LFR gear has no tier bonus
    Legion - LFR gear has tier bonus again.

Legion will have 3 tiers.
    However, the next expansion only has 2 tiers again.
    Blizzard doesn't REALLY think "a fast expansion is wrong".
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2016-08-19 at 10:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You misunderstood the quote. There's nothing surprising or unbelievable in it.

They didn't say we've had fast content, just that focusing to get that content faster meant they had to cut too much, making the expansions worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    You misunderstood the quote. There's nothing surprising or unbelievable in it.

They didn't say we've had fast content, just that focusing to get that content faster meant they had to cut too much, making the expansions worse.
    So it was done faster even though soo had the longest content drought to date? How was that done faster? The problem was they released hearthstone, hereos of the storm and overwatch all during that time too. No matter what they say it isn't shocking that with all that in thier plate WoD suffered content wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    So it was done faster even though soo had the longest content drought to date? How was that done faster? The problem was they released hearthstone, hereos of the storm and overwatch all during that time too. No matter what they say it isn't shocking that with all that in thier plate WoD suffered content wise.
    That's not a problem. Those games all have different teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Pretty much, people now are just saying "about fucking time" with regards to Blizzard finally admitting this. The negativity from the community amounts to "we told you so", because people quite literally have been saying this for years.

Imagine you know someone who refuses to admit the Earth is a spheroid, despite you showing them a mountain of evidence as proof and only after nearly a decade of arguing that the Earth is a spheroid they finally say "I guess it is". So people complaining about people venting their frustration, just chill out and let people vent. This is frustration that has literally built up over years for some people, so let them say their piece rather than trying to chew them out over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I thought things were fine, they really couldn't do much better than they did anyways. Things with expansions will always alienate a % of the customer base.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

"There was a period where the team focused on faster expansions, sacrificing things that they shouldn't have. This made the experience worse."

Saw it on the front page of mmochamp and cannot believe they would say those words. When exactly were those faster xpacs? All of them have taken forever. If the past xpacs have been "fast" for them, when will the next one be? 2020?
    They said that was their focus, they didn't say they were successful.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If the past xpacs have been "fast" for them, when will the next one be? 2020?
    Careful...
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Pretty much, people now are just saying "about fucking time" with regards to Blizzard finally admitting this. The negativity from the community amounts to "we told you so", because people quite literally have been saying this for years.

Imagine you know someone who refuses to admit the Earth is a spheroid, despite you showing them a mountain of evidence as proof and only after nearly a decade of arguing that the Earth is a spheroid they finally say "I guess it is". So people complaining about people venting their frustration, just chill out and let people vent. This is frustration that has literally built up over years for some people, so let them say their piece rather than trying to chew them out over it.
    That's probably fair. Personally I'm just really glad that they appear to understand the problem this time, rather than repeating the cycle. I mean, whether they actually avoid a content-drought remains to be seen, but at least they're not repeating the same exact procedure of trying to rush out the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Starting with WoD?

They've been trying since THE BURNING CRUSADE.
    Noo. They've been trying to shorten the content gap at the end of expansions since way back when. Faster/yearly expansions was only a thing in WOD, a failed experiment.

10+ Year Old Account

What they meant was that their focus was on yearly expansions, and after WoD they realized that simply wasn't a feasible solution. So now they're putting their grown team to good use by having one team work on the current expansion, and another do the groundwork for the next expansion before turning it over to the current-expansion team, rinse and repeat.

Or in other words, they realized how badly they fucked up with WoD and are going back to a more robust endgame, like those from TBC, WotLK, and MoP.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Pandaria is when they said they were going to try for faster expacs, and that they had beefed up their team so that production would be faster. Warlords was their attempt at faster (yearly) expansions. Realizing that it is just impossible for them to make a good game, AND yearly expansion cycles, they have gone back (hopefully) to the ways of old and making beefy expansions. Legion certainly feels beefy to me.
    Legion beefy?
    It feels almost smaller than WoD.