Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm sorry to say, but this is absurd.

You just don't seem to enjoy the game whatsoever, and if that's the case, why even bother trying to 'catch up' at the final patch? Just check cinematics\cutscenes on youtube then.

I have basically done this twice now. I could't play anything much of cat or wod for various reasons, but I did come back at the end to get ready for the next xp that I would have more time to play. I don't find it that great, to be honest. I tend to play healer and by then stuff is so outgeared eg you find in heroics you may as well not be there. LFG by then (I know mechanics are not exactly to the fore in LFG) are just impossible to wipe in. And ofc everyone thinks your a scrub as your gear is so shitty.

But if you enjoy playing through the story and seeing the new zones as an end in itself then it might work for you.

Sure, you can do that. I play until I want to do something else. I might play from the beginning to the end of the expansion. I might not.

Some people do it, I did it with WoD though there was only one real patch there. If that's how people enjoy the game then sure, let them do it. It's still expansion and at least two months sub back into Blizzard's pocket. However, you have to keep in mind anytime there are unique content patches like Isle of Thunder then they're going to miss that experience, or 5.3 which was the barrens event.

15+ Year Old Account
    So the OP says he's gonna do exploration and lore achievements on alliance and horde, max out all primary and secondary professions, do all dungeons at least once, and then the first few pages is people criticizing him for unsubbing without even playing the game?

I simply think planning out your "fun" too much doesn't yield good results.
    Wouldn't work for me.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-08-19 at 04:25 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    What is the point of EVER playing the game if you approach it so casually that you are planning to unsub without even playing it in order to bypass actually playing it?
    Just save your money and stop wasting yours and everyone else's time.

There is absolutely no point in even buying the expansion if you don't plan on doing things at max level even if its for less than a few hours a week.
    Some think that playing through the entire expansion, even the year+ long content drought every two years is appropriately experiencing the content. Not everyone digs that kind of thing.

If money isn't an issue, why not just play the game as stuff comes out rather than one initial wave at the start and one final wave at the end? You actually gain some longevity for the content you paid $50 on (plus subscription fees) with the off chance that maybe it tickles your fancy just right and you keep on playing until the next bit releases. Plus, returning at the end will render much of the middle content useless, thereby significantly reducing its impact and effectiveness. The end result would feel no different than playing to max level, do the first round of content and never come back. All that changes is the story itself, which can be experienced through videos and reading.

If your sole purpose is to merely see the content with only a pass or two at said content, perhaps a traditional rpg is more your speed. *shrug*

Nothing wrong with it if you have more fun that way. I got into the beta so I played that for the story, and I will buy Legion later on when flying is closer to being implemented and there are catchup mechanisms for gear and artifacts. I actually do tend to spend a lot of time playing when I am subscribed to the game because I am a completist who likes getting as many pets, mounts, toys, achievements, etc as possible. I am a former top 50 US guild raider for 5 years (all through BC, WotLK, and Cata), I no longer can commit to that kind of schedule but found it frustrating in MoP to play with a more casual group and spend many nights progressing on less difficult bosses so I'd honestly rather not raid at all than do that. So I am pretty much just a solo player now. I only played WoD at the end (when it became free) and I certainly don't feel like I missed out on anything of value, except perhaps the piles of gold some of my friends told me they made from garrison followers, LOL.

I also only played MoP for like three months in the middle (when SoO first came out) and then for a month right before WoD and the only things I'm sorry I missed out on were a couple of limited time mounts. Other than that I got what I wanted out of it.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2016-08-19 at 05:01 AM.

I think everyone is missing the point or maybe you have not played legion yet. Your artifact weapon is a huge time sink. You could gear up at end of last 2 expansions and blow off legendary quest line yet still get immediate relief from high ilvl items once you reached max level. As it stands now your artifact power grind is unavoidable and the only way to improve. You can't stack ilvl armor to make up for artifact traits at end of expansion. Your friends carrying you through end game raid can't let you skip this grind. Your talents, perks, etc that you got previous expansions just by leveling are gone. You have to grind at 110.

Since your weapon ilvl / traits is the grind in this expansion what op suggests doesn't work as in previous expansions. If you lvl to 110 and stop playing you have not finished class quests (3rd artifact slot) and have less than 5% of artifact power grind needed to at least fill tree out. On top of this the multiplier for artifact power accrual, artifact research, requires a active account as well to do garrison style npc vendor grind.

Who knows how they accelerate all this late in expansion but your artifact weapon is a unavoidable time sink this expansion is designed around.
    Last edited by Oxes; 2016-08-19 at 05:58 AM.

That sounds like a really dull way of going at an expansion, but if that's how you wanna play it, then that's fine.

I have to admit, though, that "not wanting to make e-friends" is a bit cynical. Apparently, a lot of people these days are scared of befriending others and getting to know them, which is really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxes View Post
    I think everyone is missing the point or maybe you have not played legion yet. Your artifact weapon is a huge time sink. You could gear up at end of last 2 expansions and blow off legendary quest line yet still get immediate relief from high ilvl items once you reached max level. As it stands now your artifact power grind is unavoidable and the only way to improve. You can't stack ilvl armor to make up for artifact traits at end of expansion. Your friends carrying you through end game raid can't let you skip this grind. Your talents, perks, etc that you got previous expansions just by leveling are gone. You have to grind at 110.

Since your weapon ilvl / traits is the grind in this expansion what op suggests doesn't work as in previous expansions. If you lvl to 110 and stop playing you have not finished class quests (3rd artifact slot) and have less than 5% of artifact power grind needed to at least fill tree out. On top of this the multiplier for artifact power accrual, artifact research, requires a active account as well to do garrison style npc vendor grind.

Who knows how they accelerate all this late in expansion but your artifact weapon is a unavoidable time sink this expansion is designed around.
    That only matters if he wants to do difficult raids or higher levels of mythic dungeons when he gets back, but he said he just plans to do LFR once for the story. Having a maxed out artifact is not going to be needed for solo world content or for the base mythic dungeon difficulty which won't require min maxed gear either. The base mythic dungeon is basically like BC or Cata heroic, you need to plan pulls out, CC, you do not need the best available gear. Also doing all the launch content and the steps of pathfinder available at launch, as he plans to do will take some time and so his artifact will have gained some of the traits at least. It won't be optimum but you pick up enough from leveling and unlocking everything in Suramar to do non-progression content.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2016-08-19 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Doubleagent leveled to 100 solely by picking flowers and digging rocks.

If you're not doing that, then you're taking an easier route.
    Well no, he didn't. He did dailies (pet battles). But hey, you only care about making a stupid point.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meagree View Post
    Well no, he didn't. He did dailies (pet battles). But hey, you only care about making a stupid point.

what daily pet battles are in the panderain starting zone?
    http://www.wowhead.com/zone=5736/the...e#quests:0-2+1
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2016-08-19 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    what daily pet battles are in the panderain starting zone?
    http://www.wowhead.com/zone=5736/the...e#quests:0-2+1
    The account wide ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    The account wide ones.

That you can't do on the starter island. Those require you to battle a trainer out in the world.... Nor could he turn it in even if he could get it.

That you can't do on the starter island. Those require you to battle a trainer out in the world.... Nor could he turn it in even if he could get it.
    Alright. It's too bad that's how he leveled then. Must be a magician.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright. It's too bad that's how he leveled then. Must be a magician.

Or you just wrong and don't want to admit it. As there was no possible way for him to do daily pet battles in the starter zone.

Or you just wrong and don't want to admit it. As there was no possible way for him to do daily pet battles in the starter zone.
    http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/03/05/...its-level-100/
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86574/el...nts:id=1887536

Picking flowers and doing pet battles is how he leveled. The account wide pet battle quests are pop ups, you dont need to see the quest giver.

Yeah, that must be it! You're right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/03/05/...its-level-100/
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86574/el...nts:id=1887536

Picking flowers and doing pet battles is how he leveled. The account wide pet battle quests are pop ups, you dont need to see the quest giver.

Would like to know how he turned them in. As none of them are in the starting zone.

Do you have an alt that you're in no hurry to level up? Try this:

There are five low-level pet trainers that offer daily battles that can be completed from the quest journal of ANY character on your account. Four of these trainers are Alliance, so you'll need an Alliance character for those. They are: Old MacDonald in Westfall, Lindsay in Redridge, Eric Davidson in Duskwood, Bill Buckler near Booty Bay and Dagra the Fierce in Northern Barrens (Horde).

Fight them, but do not complete the quests. Log onto your alt, chug potion and complete all five quests for massive experience, then log off to preserve your buff. Next day, do it all again. In about two weeks, my hunter has done 78-83 in this fashion and I still have 54 minutes on the buff.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2016-08-19 at 11:48 AM.