Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    That's utter nonsense, dude(tte).

Blizzard would never have given players the ability to heal untargeted ungrouped players (which didn't happen until ... late Cataclysm maybe?) unless the design intent was PRECISELY to encourage ungrouped play.

Also one healer is not nearly enough to keep a tank up when the tank is taking 50-100k damage per second.
    What's hard about having mouseover healing macros and Target of target? You target boss and heal whoever he has on his target, same with other healers. Most healers are so used to addons that they don't even know old school healing was simply mouseover macros :P

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=MasterHamster;41955058]I'm more annoyed by the fact that you can be standing at 40y range and all of a sudden take 300-350k damage from nowhere. No spell effect, nothing./QUOTE]

Debuffs on players :P

Deleted
    Technically true, but you can't figure out whether who's tanking is a tank before the player dies.
    Unless they are really shit, they can surive up to 10 hits without heals if tank specced, a DPS will nost last that long.

And then there are DH and Druid tanks which can be ID'd from the UI alone as VH has a unique resource color and druids... well they look a little on the furry side.

Regardless a seasoned healer can spot the difference between a tank and non tank through the UI :P

Deleted
    I don't think the self-healing and damage nerfs were warranted, at all.
    As a former DK/Paladin tank, I have to disagree.
    We were half gods, able to tank raid encounters for over a minute after our entire raid wiped.
    This needed to change.

Back in wotlk, certain healers were "tank healers" (Looking at you paladins), because they were better at it, but also because they were required.
    Last few expansions, we needed no tank healers, and in some cases, no healer at all. In fact, my DK was often seen hovering around the 40k HPS mark, which was absurd.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I simple set focus to the demon boss, mouse-over spam heal the focus target's target if it's a tank class (easy to spot with class color unit frames and resource-bar).
    If the tank is somewhat capable i'm usually able to keep them up for a significant amount of time.
    It all depends on the tanks ability to soften the spikes they sometimes receive and proper use of cd's.
    Of course it's a lot easier if multiple tanks don't taunt off each other constantly when the tank currently being agro target is actually receiving heals (hint is usually the huge blue circle under him...)
    Last edited by Wengel; 2016-08-19 at 11:37 AM.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Deleted
    Really?

Are we making boo hoo thread because you CANT STEAMROLL ELITES? Ok.

This invasion is meant to be "this is only the tip of the fel-iceberg" and harder is for the average joe like OP the better will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    They're mini raid bosses, not Dungeon bosses. Of course they hit hard, and I've been tanking plenty of them where there is no Healer, and all you can do is tank for as long as you can, die, rinse and repeat until the boss dies.

That said, as a Demon Hunter, I'm finding it so much easier and nicer to tank (in general as well as with the Invasion Bosses) thanks to the hotfixes. I can normally stand my ground for about ~25% of the bosses HP.
    Tanking without a full toolkit on a Demon Hunter, I can tank 30% to 35% HP on Stage 4 Boss. I know I am going to die and I live with it. If I see the blue circle of goodness, that elite is going to follow me to it.

However Fuck Fel Reavers! One shotting bastards.

I made this guy to tank him: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omeoo/advanced Gear could be better but I CBA. Anyway he can easily tank anything except allies broken abilties like Dreadlord fog.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Technically true, but you can't figure out whether who's tanking is a tank before the player dies.
    Yeah you can if they last more than one hit they are tank specced, if they don't they aren't.

On my multiple tanks there are only a few mobs that I need heals for. The last big bad in a zone, and some of the Felguard mobs seem to hit much harder than others but usually they are not the ones that have a marker, just random ones roaming around.

A lot of the mobs have actual mechanics that will fuck up a tank who doesn't GTFO which is rather unusual in random world mobs but I'm liking it.
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2016-08-19 at 10:07 AM.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

That's utter nonsense, dude(tte).

Blizzard would never have given players the ability to heal untargeted ungrouped players (which didn't happen until ... late Cataclysm maybe?) unless the design intent was PRECISELY to encourage ungrouped play.

Also one healer is not nearly enough to keep a tank up when the tank is taking 50-100k damage per second.
    I am doing invasions with my blood DK (704 ilvl) and my gf is healing me (Holy priest, 700 ish lvl) and she can solo heal me just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I'm more annoyed by the fact that you can be standing at 40y range and all of a sudden take 300-350k damage from nowhere. No spell effect, nothing.
    its most likely artillery from the space ship. happened to me a couple of times when i was afk.

I don't really have this problem on my lowbies. My 65ish ret and 46ish Brew have no problems with elites. They do have problems with the raid bosses... oh boy do they. My rogue, that I've gotten better on, seems to do ok. My lock with infernal seems to do ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing is, i see a lot of people "target boss then the thing he's targeting" but if I'm DPSing, i'll see the boss target change every few seconds. Various players, pets, Cromush and Muradin etc and on my tanks, very rarely do I have tank agro for long, as something else will always taunt off me.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

You can buy a stack of bandages from the Illidari vendors which heal you to full health over 10 seconds. Just carry some in your bags and when you're low on health, run away and heal yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    The event is meant to be done in group. That's it.
    True. But if the Elite mobs are not soloable, then they should not nerf the XP gained for multiple people. It should be just a flat XP for everyone.

The game has a soft group system, a pretty good one, but it doesn't have a UI for it. So heck yeah I love and am in favor of your suggestion.
    Actually there is an addon for it now, thanks to some legion changes.
    The addon is called Enemy Grid. It basically takes the nameplates that are currently shown and makes a grid like frame out if it.
    If friendly nameplates only are shown you get your "soft"group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they do hit hard, though... They are meant to be a threat afterall.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    i just dislike how hard the felreavers hit on my dh tank 700ish ilvl 1melee from hit me for 300k + while have just over500k hp .

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I've often said the game could use a "soft group" system, where you get shown unit frames for players near you.

That way at least you might get a few heals or buffs from nearby players, and they could get XP for helping out with whatever you kill. Oh well, something for another MMO to introduce I suppose, and then for Blizzard to copy it about 5 years later.
    I need to mark your post since it's almost certain to come true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only had issues with tanking on my DH on the stage 4 bosses, and maybe fel reaver if there aren't enough people around killing him quickly. DHs are seeming pretty awesome. On my non-tank specs/characters though, oh my goodness yes they hit so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Tanking without a full toolkit on a Demon Hunter, I can tank 30% to 35% HP on Stage 4 Boss. I know I am going to die and I live with it. If I see the blue circle of goodness, that elite is going to follow me to it.

However Fuck Fel Reavers! One shotting bastards.
    It's always the fucking Fel Reavers that get me. All others, are fine... Them though ¬_¬

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    It's always the fucking Fel Reavers that get me. All others, are fine... Them though ¬_¬
    i know how it feels those felreavers