Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendaries over main spec ?

I was wondering if anyone got some simcraft for the buff dps that each legendaries provide ?
    Cause when i take a look at them, i feel like the demono ones are particulary powerfull and represent a huge straight dps buff each one of them.

Do you feel that some of thoses legendaries can be worth to main a spec over another ? like if you loot the ring or the wirst for demono, is it not worth to switch demono over destro ?

Share your thoughts on legendaries guys

loot spec on demo forever and ever

I'm pretty sure you only get legendaries for your loot spec. Which means DONT GAME THE LOOT SYSTEM. Eg, if as destro, a boss drops a fire relic and you don't need a fire relic DO NOT SWAP TO AFFLICTION. (As affliction would not have a fire relic on its loot table) The last thing you want to happen is get a legendary for the wrong spec.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Yeah i know for the loot system, but during the 3 week of pre-raid farm does it seems worth to try opening cases on other spec for exemple ?

wait. so the legendaries dont change their specials when you switch the specc? does that apply to the artifact weapon stuff aswell? that's ridiculous. so you have to pick one specc and be stuck with it for the whole addon?

Quote Originally Posted by landria View Post
    wait. so the legendaries dont change their specials when you switch the specc? does that apply to the artifact weapon stuff aswell? that's ridiculous. so you have to pick one specc and be stuck with it for the whole addon?
    yes.. Blizz was pretty clear on this that they wanted people to go the route of focusing on 1 main spec so that off specs would be well,,, Off Specs

Once you have the main spec artifact maxed out it makes it much easier to get your other spec done.

I know in my guild if people get behind on the main spec artifact because they are trying to level multiple spec artifacts they will not be raiding with us.
    Last edited by Moozart; 2016-08-19 at 01:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I know in my guild if people get behind on the main spec artifact because they are trying to level multiple spec artifacts they will not be raiding with us.
    They will also not raid with you if Blizz nerfs their "main spec" to bits

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    yes.. Blizz was pretty clear on this that they wanted people to go the route of focusing on 1 main spec so that off specs would be well,,, Off Specs

Once you have the main spec artifact maxed out it makes it much easier to get your other spec done.

wow. that is absolutely insane. i was hyped for the artifacts and stuff but now i'm actually not happy about it anymore. that changes everything. why would anyone ever want that? holy shit this is so fucking stupid. i never thought there'd be a day where i'm not allowed to play the specc i like the most or freely switch between them. what a bummer.

edit: unless i play hunter or mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow. that is absolutely insane. i was hyped for the artifacts and stuff but now i'm actually not happy about it anymore. that changes everything. why would anyone ever want that? holy shit this is so fucking stupid. i never thought there'd be a day where i'm not allowed to play the specc i like the most or freely switch between them. what a bummer.
    o_O You can swap between them, you'll just be less optimized.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    o_O You can swap between them, you'll just be less optimized.
    Which for many people means you can't swap between them.

wow. that is absolutely insane.
    With the absolute volume of legendberries in the game and how niche a lot of them are, I can't imagine they're going to be terribly rare. We're not gonna be swimming in them, but I can't imagine we aren't expected to get more on a sort of regular schedule over the course of the xpac. They also aren't insanely powerful, probably closer to a 4-5% overall increase, which means matching the right spec to the right fight could easily be more significant than the legendary you have for a spec.

The artifacts are only going to lock us to one spec for the first few months after launch and only to a certain degree. I fully expect to be grabbing certain traits on certain weapons and using them for specific fights even in the first couple raids.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    I don't understand exactly what this is about, but I feel like it is very important what you guys talking about

Artifact Knowledge lets you keep off spec weapons close to main spec. Artifact Knowledge increases the % gain of artifact power every few days. Every Artifact Knowledge increases is previous gain +25%. So 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%.... so by 5 points you would have a 375% increase. (My numbers might be slightly off).

Artifact weapon point cost goes up drastically.
    Point 1: 100 AP
    Point 13: 1,000 AP
    Point 20: 30,600 AP
    Point 30: 417,560 AP.
    Point 35: 1,635,200 AP.

If you get your main spec to around lv20, you should be gaining 2-4k artifact power per item. With one 4k item you can around 13 points in an offspec, or 15% of a single point in your main spec. You should be able to keep an off spec artifact around 80% of your main spec with ease. Even if you focus every single point into your main spec, and then your main spec gets nerfed you can get an offspec to ~80% of your main spec in a couple days.

As far as relics go, that's exactly the same as weapons work now for most classes. If an Unholy DK wants to go frost, he needs two new weapons. You could have kept a random pair of 1h no one needed, same works for relics. The only difference is if you switch between two specs that use the same weapons (most pure classes).

Is that hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    They will also not raid with you if Blizz nerfs their "main spec" to bits
    you are absolutely correct, we will replace them with something more viable until content is on farm

- - - Updated - - -

edit: unless i play hunter or mage.
    You can play any spec you want, you just will not upgrade your weapons at the same rate as those who play 1 spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Honestly the amount of people that 'Claim' to be optimized hardcore raiders vs the people that actually post on these forums is quite hilarious.

If any guild gives you shit about not having a 5% thing within the first few months of raiding because you got an offspec weapon fully leveled up then you better be in a guild that is at least the 5th on the server doing top kills. And even then that's not just with a grain of salt but a spice rack of leeway.

I mean honestly in this day and age it's not difficult to raid with the best and play with the best. The main requirement is for a strong rig (preferably an I7, fair amount of RAM and a powerful Graphics Card) and a strong internet connection, and even then just being a bearable person is gonna go a long way.

I promise you, if you're at least decent on Discord/Mumble, don't smack your lips, chew while talking, or have children screaming in your microphone (I'm just going off a short list of things that annoyed me in my raiding days.) I'm pretty sure you're going to be prioritized for a spot over someone who got the 5% damage increase 2 weeks before you, but has a habit of shouting "BOOM YOUR FUCKING SPAGHETTIOS!" in the mic during raids.

Honestly the amount of people that 'Claim' to be optimized hardcore raiders vs the people that actually post on these forums is quite hilarious.
    You'd be surprised how toxic the raiding environment can be at the more average level. Lots of guilds like to conduct themselves in a manner that they *think* the top end guilds do. I experienced more toxicity in all my years of the more typical raiding guild than I've ever experienced in my current guild.

And btw 5th on a server isn't saying much on most servers. Illidan sure, but most of the servers only have 1 maybe 2 hardcore guilds on them if any at all. High end hardcore players pay attention to region and world ranks, not server ranks.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd be surprised how toxic the raiding environment can be at the more average level. Lots of guilds like to conduct themselves in a manner that they *think* the top end guilds do. I experienced more toxicity in all my years of the more typical raiding guild than I've ever experienced in my current guild.
    Yeah, it might be an arrogance issue, but if you're playing with genuinely good people, with proper ability to do content, then usually a what.. 2 day grind for full trait on an alt item shouldn't make a difference.

I think the only place where people will REALLY Care is later on in the expansion when people are filling up that 5% damage buff, but by that point specs should be fleshed out. And even then ketchup mechanics will help even that out a bit more.

And btw 5th on a server isn't saying much on most servers. Illidan sure, but most of the servers only have 1 maybe 2 hardcore guilds on them if any at all. High end hardcore players pay attention to region and world ranks, not server ranks.
    Yeah I might be 'behind the times' regarding this stuff. Honestly I don't even really deal with guilds anymore, I've had a lot more fun and success finding a good group of people and doing continuous pugs. Hell we cleared Heroic HFC pre-10-Item-Level-Upgrade Nerf and we were just a continuous group that pugged weekly. Pretty much a Battle-Tag Guild. Lol.

Guess I'm a Casual.

Oh well. I was hardcore back in the day! Got my Hand of A'dal and Amani War Bear to prove it xD

Yeah, it might be an arrogance issue, but if you're playing with genuinely good people, with proper ability to do content, then usually a what.. 2 day grind for full trait on an alt item shouldn't make a difference.

I think the only place where people will REALLY Care is later on in the expansion when people are filling up that 5% damage buff, but by that point specs should be fleshed out. And even then ketchup mechanics will help even that out a bit more.
    It's not really a matter of whether or not it'll make much of a difference, it's a matter of how easily available things are. If you can realistically / easily have something, people will expect you to have it regardless of whether or not its needed.

And once people have something like a legendary which is supposed to feel like a big deal, they'll feel like they can't or shouldn't, or won't want to move away from it. The same goes for putting a ton of work into one artifact, only to swap to another. Though in regards to that, I don't think the typical forum goer realizes just how many people prefer to stick to 1 spec they feel comfortable with vs the number of people who really enjoy spec swapping.

Deleted
    Chalking it up to toxicity seems a bit harsh. I spent my time in a pretty pathetically casual guild during WOTLK due to friends being in it, I wasn't being anal about my performance / minmaxing back then because of anyone elses standards, I just felt like if I'm going to raid with 24 other people I should be doing my utmost to carry.

Since left that place when there ended up being too big of a rift between the more serious core and the casual tagalongs, but the amount of elitistism I've experienced even when fighting for server first kills is dwarfed by the self-imposed responsibility to be operating at maximum efficiency to make the raids as quick and pleasant as possible.

The artifact things just feels incredibly unpleasant to a community that has been conditioned to chase after pathetic gains, spending a fortune regemming or hours fishing for what, sub 100 dps gains at times? Artifacts and legendaries look like they're shaping up to be pretty heft percentiles for an audience that usually tries (or at least talks) about minmaxing over such small numbers.
    The 1% output you miss by catching up your off-spec artifact probably won't make any difference, but neither would rolling a socket on your BIS weapon. It still feels great getting a socketed BIS weapon, and I'm sure it'll still feel terrible knowing that you're operating below the theoretical maximum output that you could be.

Deleted
    Haha.
    Your "many people" probably represent like 4 or 5% of the global playerbase.

The 95% other will never give a shit about not having a fully optimized offspec....