Page 1 of 2
LastLast

iLvl for start of legion?

A guildie told me the armor and weapon iLvl starts at 750 for legion quests. Why are we doing invasions that drop 700 gear? I figured the gear would help my dust collecting alts run the first few level quests faster...

Weapon starts at 750. Gear drops are 690-695 till 101 then around 109-110 790~ ilvl. The end quest of each zone gives an 800 ilvl piece which can be worn as soon as you do it. So if you completed Val'sharah at 102 you get a ilvl 800 at 102, but other quests will not drop that ilvl.
    Last edited by Tainted0ne; 2016-08-18 at 05:11 AM.

Your guildie is wrong. You don't start seeing consistent 750+ gear till like 106, maybe 107. I forget, I've only leveled on beta 3 times.

15+ Year Old Account
    The artifact has a base Ilvl of 750, maybe the guildie assumed that was for armor as well, but the armor at level 100 was about 700, iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brothermike View Post
    A guildie told me the armor and weapon iLvl starts at 750 for legion quests. Why are we doing invasions that drop 700 gear? I figured the gear would help my dust collecting alts run the first few level quests faster...
    Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the gear you get in Legion tied to your ilvl? I think blizz mentioned something like that (the higher ilvl you have the higher ilvl gear drops, to a cap ofcourse).
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the gear you get in Legion tied to your ilvl? I think blizz mentioned something like that (the higher ilvl you have the higher ilvl gear drops, to a cap ofcourse).
    World Quest drops (110) will calculate based on your ilvl, not leveling gear.

Ok thanks all for replying... This makes me feel better my time in invasions is not going to waste! Glad to know it will help me the first few levels.

because people like spending few hours to gain 10 minutes of faster leveling after launch duh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted0ne View Post
    World Quest drops (110) will calculate based on your ilvl, not leveling gear.
    My understanding was that quest rewards would increase in ilvl based on your level.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    My understanding was that quest rewards would increase in ilvl based on your level.
    Quest rewards have a set ilvl based on your character level. World Quests scale based on ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted0ne View Post
    Quest rewards have a set ilvl based on your character level. World Quests scale based on ilvl.
    Gotcha. Exactly what I thought then, just misread the post you quoted.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Everything helps. But don't forget people that level a new toon in Legion will also have to start somewhere.
    When they ding 100 (or rather 98 regarding the scenarios) they will be at an itemlevel of about ~560, then they are able to push it over the scenarios to about 600 (but that includes getting a 685 weapon, which makes a big deal) - at least until they let heirlooms go to 110. So the first quests and mobs (at level 100) are going to be pretty easy.

Being able to start into the expansion with an itemlevel of about 700 is already a fairly big boost. On the other side itemlevel won't even matter in the next months, as you can go naked and just tap mobs others are going to kill.

The chart I saw said that iLvl 700 really only starts hitting regularly around level 101.

http://www.worldofmoudi.com/ilvl-legion

Don't know how accurate it is, though.

only the weapon start at ilvl 750. I started to get around ilvl 750 at lvl 107 if i remeber correctly

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get full 720 warforged ilvl gear from the invasions, you probably won't replace any of it till level 106, with the exception of weapons and loot you get from dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    If you get full 720 warforged ilvl gear from the invasions, you probably won't replace any of it till level 106, with the exception of weapons and loot you get from dungeons.
    You'll replace it at 103.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    You'll replace it at 103.
    At 105-106, you will replace mythic raid gear. Maybe the set you keep till 107-108, depending how good it is for your class. The legendary ring is a good question as it has a really high item level and follows the "old" ring style of having a primary stat whereas the new rings only have stamina and 2 secondaries.

By 106 you should have a completely new set of gear if you are ~720. And then some.

You start replacing 740s at that point.

The invasion stuff you will replace much earlier than that. If you are in 720 tier gear with HFC trinkets then that stuff may be retained a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    By 106 you should have a completely new set of gear if you are ~720. And then some.

You start replacing 740s at that point.
    Yep, my Priest on Beta is at 752 at level 106. So you are correct that at 105/106 that is when just about everyone will have all new gear