Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Honest opinion, two hours is nowhere near enough experience with the game to decide whether or not to refund it.
    Thats the thing with opinions tho... they differ

SPOILER ALERT

I repaired my ship, left the planet, visited a space station, traded a bit, left the space station, visited another planet...

I dont need more than 2 hours of those things to decide its not the game for me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But unfortunately that's all Steam allows for. And honestly, if a game can't hook you in the first few hours there are other issues with it. It shouldn't take a dozen hour for a game to get to "the good part", that's a major design flaw.
    I was just lucky that I figured it out within the time limit
    I had no idea that was the limit before I sent for a refund since its my first time EVER doing it.
    That alone says something about the game

Deleted
    when you first start the game you speak to that red thing and you can chose to follow its path or not, i chose not to, is there a way i can say sorry and follow its path?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    when you first start the game you speak to that red thing and you can chose to follow its path or not, i chose not to, is there a way i can say sorry and follow its path?
    I did the opposite and just spoke to it again. It reset some of the progress i made but then i just continued on its path...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I did the opposite and just spoke to it again. It reset some of the progress i made but then i just continued on its path...
    oh i left the planet i met it on long time ago, i just found some ruin thing where it appeared again, but it just says that i ignored it before so it leaves me and flies off :\

oh i left the planet i met it on long time ago, i just found some ruin thing where it appeared again, but it just says that i ignored it before so it leaves me and flies off :\
    haha damn thats cold! cant help you with that one sorry!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can come upon a special space station by chance with aliens allied to Atlas. From there you can pick it up again, its just a matter of luck

Deleted
    You can come upon a special space station by chance with aliens allied to Atlas. From there you can pick it up again, its just a matter of luck
    ah okay thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

well this is lame, i found a crashed ship, repaired all apart from the weapons as i didnt have the materials, so i decided to fly to a nearby spacestation, but mid pulse engine speed boost thing, i get attacked by pirates.... i have no weapons to fend them off, and at this speed im an hour away from the space station or nearest planet.... what to do? :\

edit: yay the pirates left me alone after about 10mins of chasing me :x
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2016-08-19 at 12:36 PM.

I need to know something about ship upgrades. Say I find a ship with the +1, +2 and +3 versions of Cannon Damage installed on it. Can I uninstall the +1 and +2 versions, or do they have to be there for the +3 to work? My ship has got 27 slots filled with upgrades which seems way too many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I need to know something about ship upgrades. Say I find a ship with the +1, +2 and +3 versions of Cannon Damage installed on it. Can I uninstall the +1 and +2 versions, or do they have to be there for the +3 to work? My ship has got 27 slots filled with upgrades which seems way too many.
    Not 100% on this, but I do believe that you replace upgrades, not stack them.

the +3 will still work, but the +1 +2 and +3 stack, and they also have increased efficiency if they are placed in proximity to one another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Utter bullshit… the lead developer spoke about multiple shit such as multiplayer features in interviews that just aren’t there, you may enjoy the game as it is and that’s fine, but it clearly isn’t what they advertised and blaming on the people who over hyped won’t change that.
    from what ive seen of the multiplayer interview quotes and stuff, he was really vague, just saying things like "they would see the same thing" im not sure he ever explicitly said that two players would see each other, not sure if it is true or not, just what ive read. if it is true then its dumb, he would have been much better off saying there is no multiplayer

- - - Updated - - -

is there away to move stuff around in my inventory? :\ seems clicking and dragging is not the way to do it!

Deleted
    from what ive seen of the multiplayer interview quotes and stuff, he was really vague, just saying things like "they would see the same thing" im not sure he ever explicitly said that two players would see each other, not sure if it is true or not, just what ive read. if it is true then its dumb, he would have been much better off saying there is no multiplayer

At around 1:45 minutes in - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3It3S7TFTGo

Clearly something that isn't in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    At around 1:45 minutes in - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3It3S7TFTGo

Clearly something that isn't in the game.
    ok fair enough, hadnt seen taht video! only ones i had seen were him being vague saying that players would see the same thing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, I can say the game probably doesn't have a 500 eyed, planetary sized monster that reproduces on its own at a rate of 3 offspring per second. But there's no way I can prove that it doesn't exist. But if folks want to say, "But sure, it must exist. They said there are infinite possibilities!" then it's up to them to show it exists. Until then, there's no reason to believe that it exists in-game.
    But why? Why don't you have to prove it doesn't exist when there is no reason to believe that it doesn't exist given the possibilities of procedural generation. All it comes down to is that you are placing the burden of proof on someone else because you don't feel like you should have to prove your own claim. You can certainly prove a negative if you can prove a positive.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    To be more specific, you can either;

1> Find an Atlas Interface; a system with one is marked as such on the galaxy map screen (it'll say "Atlas Interface" instead of the number of planets/moons first), or
    2> Find a Space Anomaly, which are randomly scattered in systems. One of the dudes inside will give you a waypoint to the nearest Atlas Interface.

The Path of Atlas isn't the "endgame", it's an optional sidequest kind of thing. Worth doing (there's a bonus at the end! Save your Atlas Stones!) but not something you need to worry about. You might want to finish it before making a concerted effort to push for the center, but that's all I'm saying.

You don't need prior upgrades, but they all stack, and if they're next to each other, they boost performance (they'll have a colored border if you do it right). This apparently works both on the number of connections and is percentile, so the OPTIMAL path is to have a cross pattern, with the highest bonus in the middle (or a "T" if you only have the base item and three upgrades). I believe all three Warp drive boosts, for instance, combine to have a total of a 1500 light year range; my T arrangement with Warp Reactor Tau next to my Hyperdrive (and the other two off Tau) means I can jump something like 1690 (I've jumped 1684, 1700 is out of range).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To be more specific, you can either;

1> Find an Atlas Interface; a system with one is marked as such on the galaxy map screen (it'll say "Atlas Interface" instead of the number of planets/moons first), or
    2> Find a Space Anomaly, which are randomly scattered in systems. One of the dudes inside will give you a waypoint to the nearest Atlas Interface.

The Path of Atlas isn't the "endgame", it's an optional sidequest kind of thing. Worth doing (there's a bonus at the end! Save your Atlas Stones!) but not something you need to worry about. You might want to finish it before making a concerted effort to push for the center, but that's all I'm saying.

You don't need prior upgrades, but they all stack, and if they're next to each other, they boost performance (they'll have a colored border if you do it right). This apparently works both on the number of connections and is percentile, so the OPTIMAL path is to have a cross pattern, with the highest bonus in the middle (or a "T" if you only have the base item and three upgrades). I believe all three Warp drive boosts, for instance, combine to have a total of a 1500 light year range; my T arrangement with Warp Reactor Tau next to my Hyperdrive (and the other two off Tau) means I can jump something like 1690 (I've jumped 1684, 1700 is out of range).
    thanks, i just had a space anomaly pop up after you posted this!

10+ Year Old Account
    (Save your Atlas Stones!) .
    Damnit to hell..... Ive been selling them... 30k each. . .. . I found a planet with hundreds. . . i didnt even pick them all up, just enough to make a quick million U. . . . .

I dont think I tagged the planet either. It was full of Atlas stones and Murrine.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Damnit to hell..... Ive been selling them... 30k each. . .. . I found a planet with hundreds. . . i didnt even pick them all up, just enough to make a quick million U. . . . .

I dont think I tagged the planet either. It was full of Atlas stones and Murrine.....
    Are you sure you mean Atlas stones, and not Graviton Balls or Vortex Cubes? The graviton balls look like glowing balls, the vortex cubes are red cubes on pillars.

I've never seen Atlas stones come from anywhere but other aliens or Atlas Interfaces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure you mean Atlas stones, and not Graviton Balls or Vortex Cubes? The graviton balls look like glowing balls, the vortex cubes are red cubes on pillars.

I've never seen Atlas stones come from anywhere but other aliens or Atlas Interfaces.
    I think they were labeled Atlas stones, they look like a small grey pyramids on the ground with the tops cut off and a blue ring of light in the center. They were on the ground in clusters of three and four and surrounded by Murrine. I didn't even know they were lootable until I focused my aim on them.

I have yet to find Gravatino balls or Vortex cubes. . . I need gravaton balls to make some of my craftables and still haven't found any.. =o[******

Deleted
    so there is no way of moving things around in your inventory right? you can just transfer from one to another?