Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gif version:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

First final fantasy now metal gear. Why are my favorite childhood games turning into nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    First final fantasy now metal gear. Why are my favorite childhood games turning into nightmares
    Because we were put here just to suffer, and i'm already a demon.

Deleted

Just for an additional good laugh #fuckkonami

You know the really fucked up thing?

-Skull face and XOF attack Mother Base
    -Boss, Medic and Kaz escape
    -medic spends 9 years in a coma with Boss as his bodyguard
    -MSF soldiers considered lost in attack
    -9 years later medic and Kaz operating in the deserts of Afghanistan start to run into wandering MSF soldiers that are "survivors of the attack 9 years ago" still in MSF attire and completely shell shocked.

WHAT IF THIS ACTUALLY FITS INTO THE CANON PERFECTLY FINE

Thats the craziest thing about all of this. It might actually work.

Deleted
    They explain in Phantom Pain that the 10 wandering MSF soldiers were off-site during the XOF attack on Mother Base.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-08-18 at 01:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

This is dumb.

*sniff* *sniff* Smells like fail.
    #FuckKonami

Gettin' real tired of the whole "Put a bow in everything lol" meme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    At the beginning of the trailer you can see big boss and kaz evacuating from franchise.

Resident Gear Solid the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    At the beginning of the trailer you can see big boss and kaz evacuating from franchise.

Comic hits the point.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

A failure to surpass metal gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's because I've not played a Metal Gear title properly since Snake Eater, but I'm failing to see why this is causing so much outrage. I mean, Metal Gear has always had these really campy and/or bizarre spin off side-ventures (the ac!d titles, VR missions, Ape Escape tie-in, Revengeance amongst others)....and most of them are dripping in plaudits. In my eyes, the game could be a pile of shit, or whatever (the fact there was no gameplay is a bit worrying but then who knows what stage the game is actually at in the development cycle), but honestly? This outrage just seems to smack of 'fuck Konami' attitude (because poor hideo-sempai!) which...I get...I just don't think it's healthy. Getting angry at the pachinko machines is one thing, but the levels of outrage toward them for making a game that is more or less inline with the silliness of the Metal Gear Universe as a whole is another entirely.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    Maybe it's because I've not played a Metal Gear title properly since Snake Eater, but I'm failing to see why this is causing so much outrage. I mean, Metal Gear has always had these really campy and/or bizarre spin off side-ventures (the ac!d titles, VR missions, Ape Escape tie-in, Revengeance amongst others)....and most of them are dripping in plaudits. In my eyes, the game could be a pile of shit, or whatever (the fact there was no gameplay is a bit worrying but then who knows what stage the game is actually at in the development cycle), but honestly? This outrage just seems to smack of 'fuck Konami' attitude (because poor hideo-sempai!) which...I get...I just don't think it's healthy. Getting angry at the pachinko machines is one thing, but the levels of outrage toward them for making a game that is more or less inline with the silliness of the Metal Gear Universe as a whole is another entirely.
    I think its just because 'zombies' screams lazy development. From the creative standpoint a zombie is the most basic ai scripting you can make. It is 'see player, move to and attack player'. That is the enemy ai of NES games enemies, but some devs are not competant enough to make enemies do more than that without them flipping out so thats why we see so many indie games use zombies because they are the barebones skeleton of enemy ai and as such require the least effort to implement.

The concept of Survive is silly but its not a massive deal breaker for a spin off title. Some MSF soldiers survived the end of ground zeros and have their own side game. Thats fine as a concept. But this sounds like a budget release that is recycling assetts into a blend of killing floor and umbrella corps and it just makes the consumer look at 5 and all its enemy types and scenarios brought on by its ai and very smooth gameplay and people wonder "so the competant devs jumped ship with Kojima huh?" and its hard expect anything but that at this point.

People are sick of zombies to begin with because they are overused, but they are overused because bad developers dont know how to make enemys work right and so default to the most basic enemy gameplay available.

Perhaps if they still had people that could deliver MGS5 style enemies they could have just made another Peace Walker style string of co-op missions using the tropical island assets from the cut 3rd area in MGS5, but instead we have what looks like "fight waves of zombies followed by a metal gear and upgrade your gear inbetween rounds" by the sounds of it and thats not the end of the world, but things like umbrella corps have shown even the most low brow no standards consumer just are not interested in that.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-08-19 at 03:27 PM.

Its a waste of probably the best game engine ever made the fox engine and you just know its going to be DLC/micro transactions comming out of its ass from day 1

4 player co-op zombie stealth alternative universe action game.

"Let's just hit all the bullet points." -Konami

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    4 player co-op zombie stealth alternative universe action game.

"Let's just hit all the bullet points." -Konami
    Missing survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    We could have gotten a game with Kaz as the main character. What has he been doing the 9 years between Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain? Missed fucking opportunity.

Well, I'm just gonna leave this right here, and move on.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)