Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    That video has a bit of incorrect info in it, such as claiming that Mistweaver isn't classified as melee...but they are.

Don't believe things just because a "top guild" said it. Even so, didn't Method break up and most of its good raiders form a new guild?

And again, the whole "there are no bad classes/specs unless you're pushing to be in the top 0.5%" thing applies.

But sadly, people are going to take this video as law and start having bias against Disc/Mistweaver. Bleh.
    Was going to reply with same info. The only real knock against MW is that their mana isn't as effecient. Otherwise, they have all the tools needed to be one of if not the best raid healer in legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    no sorry thats incorrect for most, at least from what I've seen in previous expansions. An average player will perform much better with some specs/classes other than others.

Yes e.g you can have a very good player that takes disc to another level and is able to heal mythic+ nicely etc, but from what I get the average joe will have issues healing those dungeons with disc while with e.g a resto druid will do much better.
    Healers arne't immune to skill cap. Some healers are easy mode, aka druid. Others require more thought and skill, i.e. Disc Priest.

An average player will perform much better with some specs/classes other than others.
    Got any data to back this up?

but from what I get the average joe will have issues healing those dungeons with disc while with e.g a resto druid will do much better.
    That's not a problem with the class, though. That's a problem with the player not knowing how to play properly.

And it's not like Disc is super complex, either.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-08-19 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Yep, I tried out my MW, RSham, and RDruid and the RSham definitely had the best healing kit out of them all. They have spells that makes them great raid healers as well as some of the best utility, CC, and mobility. It's unfortunate that their other 2 specs suck though.
    You might not find it fun, but enhance is one of the better dps at 110 under the current version of the beta. Elemental really starts to drop down as they level though. Unless there is some tweak there will be a lot of sad ele shammies that are doing well now and wondering why they aren't getting better.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2016-08-19 at 05:04 PM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Monk is the best healer because I play one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You might not find it fun, but enhance is one of the better dps at 110 under the current version of the beta. Elemental really starts to drop down as they level though. Unless there is some tweak there will be a lot of sad ele shammies that are doing well now and wondering why they aren't getting better.
    Why do people keep talking about Enhancement and Elemental in a thread about healers?

Is this some inside joke that I missed out on?

Why do people keep talking about Enhancement and Elemental in a thread about healers?

Is this some inside joke that I missed out on?
    It was mentioned and it does play into a class you want to play. Even more so as a healer since you are almost certainly switching to a dps spec to grind out your quests. If all you were truly going to do was heal in a group and there was no way that would change then you could just pretend they only had one spec and go about your business. That is rarely how the game works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    I have very good sources from a top 10 raiding guild who tells me they're going to play 4x holy priests.
    So they got tired of the pressure of being top 10?

If all you were truly going to do was heal in a group and there was no way that would change then you could just pretend they only had one spec and go about your business. That is rarely how the game works.
    generally when people talk about healer balance, they're talking about healing, not "which has the best dps spec for soloing".

Got any data to back this up?

That's not a problem with the class, though. That's a problem with the player not knowing how to play properly.

And it's not like Disc is super complex, either.
    no sorry, its just common sense that an average player will perform better with a buffed up class.

I won't go into detail about how complex some classes are for specific things. Each healer has a counter, although there are always healing classes that perform better in all cases than others.

Deleted
    generally when people talk about healer balance, they're talking about healing, not "which has the best dps spec for soloing".
    You are derailing this thread just as much, only with pointless things :P

Anyway we are going shaman, druid, disc +2 more main healers and an offspec one

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You are derailing this thread just as much, only with pointless things
    So asking someone a question is "derailing the thread"

okay

no sorry, its just common sense that an average player will perform better with a buffed up class.
    So your data is "common sense" and "average player"

Both of which are incredibly subjective

Deleted
    So asking someone a question is "derailing the thread"

okay

The guy you said where derailing the thread was just asking a question aswell. So by your own definition, i guess?

Edit:
    Just to follow the trend:
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-08-19 at 03:18 PM.

Sorry ? I'm confused lol

♪♬ An Karanir Thanagor ♬♪

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...0&difficulty=3

Normal mode, 50th percentile, over the last two weeks, for all item levels.

You can tweak the filters and draw your own conclusions, but players (average or otherwise) generally perform better with simpler or stronger specs.
    Last edited by Sanct; 2016-08-19 at 03:36 PM.

No, it's literally everyone playing them in raids. They are subpar right now.
    lmfao no 10 chars

But the OP mentions it, so that kinda answers itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanct View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...0&difficulty=3

Normal mode, 50th percentile, over the last two weeks, for all item levels.

You can tweak the filters and draw your own conclusions, but players (average or otherwise) generally perform better with simpler or stronger specs.
    >normal mode
    >in heavily nerfed content, boss fights lasting 1-2 minutes
    >where even "average" players are 710ilvl or higher
    >level 100 with 110 balance, classes not having their 110 abilities/artifacts

er

are you really going to draw conclusions from such heavily, heavily skewed data

But the OP mentions it, so that kinda answers itself.
    What are your guys thoughts on the best healing specs for Legion?

Right now from what I'm seeing Hpally, RDruid, and RSham seem to be at the top for raiding. They provide HPS and great utility.

For Mythic+ dungeons, I'd say the ones with mobility/CC are doing well like Rsham, MW, and RDru.
    I don't see DPS mentioned anywhere in the OP.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-08-19 at 04:28 PM.

>normal mode

er

I don't see DPS mentioned anywhere in the OP.
    Sorry by the person making the OP
    Yep, I tried out my MW, RSham, and RDruid and the RSham definitely had the best healing kit out of them all. They have spells that makes them great raid healers as well as some of the best utility, CC, and mobility. It's unfortunate that their other 2 specs suck though.
    This is the quote I meant to reply to I hit the one above it for some stupid reason.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2016-08-19 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    you justify disc priest by doing as much healing as your co-healers, having amazing burst healing and doing free dps?

btw, why it is a problem if a healer -requires- other healers to cover it's tracks?
    I was just speaking my mind based on what a disc priest who was really-really good before the patch said to me when we discussed few things. Specially that at the present point keeping a protadin up or anything else in 5-mans is pain in the ass. That's why I assumed.

It's not a problem per say, but more of a question in regards that if the disc priest is coupled with "not so good players as healers" can they hold their own :P and cover what is lacking? Again, I don't play healer classes and only speaking what I've been told based on the discussion with a disc priest friend of mine and that disc atmo is not the best class to play. Maybe the viewpoint is tilted a lot for the pure reason that she was one of those discs pre-patch that focused on the healing aspect rather then DPSing through healing. And she was good at what she did.

>normal mode

er

Read:

What I linked was one -very- narrow result. The data you're asking for is there, whether you choose to see it or not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I was just speaking my mind based on what a disc priest who was really-really good before the patch said to me when we discussed few things. Specially that at the present point keeping a protadin up or anything else in 5-mans is pain in the ass. That's why I assumed.

It's not a problem per say, but more of a question in regards that if the disc priest is coupled with "not so good players as healers" can they hold their own :P and cover what is lacking? Again, I don't play healer classes and only speaking what I've been told based on the discussion with a disc priest friend of mine and that disc atmo is not the best class to play. Maybe the viewpoint is tilted a lot for the pure reason that she was one of those discs pre-patch that focused on the healing aspect rather then DPSing through healing. And she was good at what she did.
    I get what you're saying. Disc can be stronger/weaker depending on the comp you're running them with, whether it's Mythic+ or raids. I think some guilds who have more in-sync healers will be able to utilize a disc priest extremely well, where some guilds mind not be able to handle it. In regards to 5-mans, I'm sure once more gear is involved they'll be viable with any group up to a point. Pushing with them might require more of a specific comp that can survive in situations where a disc might be weaker.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom