Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    So it costs $300 to upgrade that MacBook from 256 GB of storage to 512 GB?

You can buy a 256 GB SSD for $100 and a 256 GB flash drive for $40.

TF Apple
    Did you know that 512 is MORE than 256? And did you ALSO know that SATA SSD is not the same as PCIE SSD?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Planned obsolescence is a good thing. Idiots who insist on trying to use 5 year old crap holds the rest of us back from getting new stuff because anything new has to support old shit too limiting new features. Its why windows sucked for years and why Blizzard refuses to go all in in graphical features. They want people using 15 year old emachines running Windows XP to still be able to play the game, meanwhile those of us with good computers running quad titans, 64GB of RAM, and i7 extreme CPUs from experiencing graphical heaven.

People shouldnt be using 5 year old phones
    Lmao this post pretty much sums up your blatant [redacted by myself].

You're comparing games with phones.

LMFAO.

Please buy an education instead of a gaming rig.

Homophobia is so gay.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Did you know that 512 is MORE than 256? And did you ALSO know that SATA SSD is not the same as PCIE SSD?
    Dell charges $158 for a 256->512 upgrade for their PCIe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Dell charges $158 for a 256->512 upgrade for their PCIe.
    Yup. Wasn't saying Apple didn't charge more, just that the specific whining point was nonsense. I always look for upgrades from Crucial or similar, regardless of the hardware manufacturer.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Wasn't saying Apple didn't charge more, just that the specific whining point was nonsense. I always look for upgrades from Crucial or similar, regardless of the hardware manufacturer.
    Ahh ok, I misread you.

Planned obsolescence is a good thing. Idiots who insist on trying to use 5 year old crap holds the rest of us back from getting new stuff because anything new has to support old shit too limiting new features. Its why windows sucked for years and why Blizzard refuses to go all in in graphical features. They want people using 15 year old emachines running Windows XP to still be able to play the game, meanwhile those of us with good computers running quad titans, 64GB of RAM, and i7 extreme CPUs from experiencing graphical heaven.

This is some serious shitposting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? Do they stop being able to make calls?

-Kujako-

Is that how math works?

Yes. My point was it doesn't cost $300 to upgrade by 256 MB.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Apple was always shit, you were just deluded into thinking otherwise by a master con-man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apple has always produced poo rdevices and relied on hipster support, unless you purchase the asbolute top of the line models. When they switched to Intel architecture they became absolutely worthless.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    never buy apple wtf

Deleted
    Seems like they miss someone with a sense of what consumers want.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Apple has always produced poo rdevices and relied on hipster support, unless you purchase the asbolute top of the line models. When they switched to Intel architecture they became absolutely worthless.
    Why is that? Because you dislike intel? Honest question.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Poor devices... I don't know where you get that shit from.

high end android devices never offered me the same reliability with consistent performance, that doesn't change when it gets updated. Never had to deal with super delays in updates either because my provider decides I get it later than some other provider, or the maker of the phone decides they'll release it at some point for this provider at some undetermined time.

Trying to say that iphones are poor devices is just... foolish. Iphone are quite good, so good that apple has issues selling new ones because the older ones still perform well and an upgrade is largely uncessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

Trying to say that iphones are poor devices is just... foolish. Iphone are quite good, so good that apple has issues selling new ones because the older ones still perform well and an upgrade is largely uncessary.
    You get less bag for your buck, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    People love to bash Apple. I used to be one of them. I now have an iMac, Macbook Pro, iWatch, iPhone, Apple TV and an iPad Mini 4. Yeah, its a lot of money, but they work and I never have to worry about it. They update, work well together and I have never had an issue with any of them. This coming from someone who 3 years ago would have rather chocked on an Apple product because I was so "trendy and edgy" with my Samsung/Windows gear.

I place functionality, performance, usability, resale, worry free and looks all over price tag. Face it, its "cool" to rag on Apple. Full disclosure though, I am highly considering building a dedicated gaming rig, not because I can run WoW on the iMac, I do and it works well, but because I want to create a behemoth of a computer just for shits and giggles.
    You and me both, I used to be in the same boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    You and me both, I used to be in the same boat.
    Bottom line for me is that MacOS is the only commercial UNIX platform left... Linux/FreeBSD/etc are OK, but are woefully lacking coming from an IRIX/SunOS background.

I also looked at alternatives to my Mac Pro, and couldn't find any. I could build a system, but it wouldn't have cost much less and would have been noisy.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    You buy products with apples on them for the same reason you buy a Maserati. To look cool.

I have been a software developer since 1995 and I have never seen a business that uses apple products. Front end or back end. Why the hell would you pay an extra $700.00 for an inferior OS and Illuminated apple on the back of the lap top? You can buy that Mod at Frys.com for about 30 bucks.........

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You get less bag for your buck, though.
    I don't notice any less "bang" with my iphone over whatever galaxy is out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I don't notice any less "bang" with my iphone over whatever galaxy is out now.
    Did you actually check the specs? Which iPhone do you have?