Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    EN & Nighthold are the same Tier - nobody said they're counted as two Tiers, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the idea. Allows for us to enjoy leveling and the entirety of Legion while not rushing raids at us. Plenty of time to level artifacts as well as alts.Also think it will give lots of time to balance and rework classes as necessary.

Literally no one wants to make a choice, or even stress about making a choice, between progressing a new raid and the holiday season at the end of the year.

And while not everyone that plays WoW celebrates the holidays or holds any stock in quality time with family and loved ones (note I'm not judging or saying you should; you do you, fam), a lot of us do.

That being said, I'm glad they're waiting until 2017 for the next raid to be released. It's better than another year+ of the last raid of the expansion, which is hopefully what decisions like this will lead to.

Where does this information come from btw? Is there a link/interview/video?

Fatboss interview today with Watcher. Why it's not posted up here on mmo yet idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

So a couple of things, first they never said that NH was delayed. It was stated(I think) In those Q&A's that they liked WoD's Highmaul release time but BRF was released too soon so NH would be released a monthish later than BRF in comparison. And it was certainly never said that the new small raid changes that plan so careful about spreading misinformation.

But to you main point, this is more just disappointment with their release philosophy. They devs are not gods, there will always be an amount of time between to get any new content released. @Hexxidecimal hit this point already though. Early tiers always get the shaft, in the past I have missed raid tiers because I wasn't playing for the start of an xpac. But you can bet that everyone caught the last raid tier of every xpac.

Making the first few tiers last longer is my preference for the game. Do you prefer to have 3 tiers of content out at launch and then nothing for 1-2 years while they make the next xpac? Cause that sounds awful to me.

*Edit: This is all the new information we have that we didn't two days ago. Anything not on this page is conjecture. Source.
    Last edited by Rilas13; 2016-08-19 at 04:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/fatbosstv/v/84480726

also: EM and NH are the same tier,

there are at least 2 more tiers coming after the nighthold, this was confirmed earlier.

And EM + the stormheim raid will take 4/5 months, if that is too long for you, literally every tier ever was too long for you since EM has 7 bosses and the Stormheim raid 2 or 3. which means 10 bosses in 4/5 months, and another 10 bosses (NH) after for another 4/5 months (basically 2 tiers, but only 1 has tier set) 10 bosses is the average tier length.

SO legion will basically have 4 tiers, but the first one doesnt have tier set
    Last edited by mmocb6c41d5544; 2016-08-19 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I think it's a fantastic decision and would be folly to have it come out sooner. If you want content to hold you over, then it has to be released gradually overtime or else that first raid might as well not exist and the miniraid wouldn't exist at all.
    Exactly! Focus should be (and is moving forward) on making content last, not pushing out NEW content just for the sake of NEW to please people that do 1 boss on LFR, 1 battleground and 2 pet battles and then consider themselves to be "out of stuff to do!".

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Watcher said this during GamesCom a few days ago. It is right on the front page of MMO-Champion. He didnt say that Nighthold will be released in January directly, but he implied that raid tiers should last 5-6 months. And we'll get a small filler raid before Nighthold.

Edit: Apparently, he confirmed that Nighthold will be indeed released in January in an interview with FatbossTV today.
    Last edited by Gaucho-; 2016-08-19 at 04:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Blizzard Logic:

"We will hold back some of the stuff we have completed (Nighthold Raid, Karazhan Dungeon) in between the year it takes to make new stuff = Content updates every 5 months"
    It is the biggest first tier they have done (like 20 bosses) if they didnt hold back none of it would matter except the Nighthold (they cant have vertical progression like in TBC cuz 4 difficulties)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho- View Post
    Watcher said this during GamesCom a few days ago. It is right on the front page of MMO-Champion. He didnt say that Nighthold will be released in January directly, but he implied that raid tiers should last 5-6 months. And we'll get a small filler raid before Nighthold.
    he confirmed it today on Fatboss livestream

If that info is correct (and strictly, early 2017 could be march-april), we would have a month to level calmly, then 2-5 months in EN (it should be available at the end of sept, right?), a smaller change of scenario, and the holidays free. Nothing to object, really. And since most of the testing is already done, nothing should delay NH's release...right?

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

Blizzard Logic:

"We will hold back some of the stuff we have completed (Nighthold Raid, Karazhan Dungeon) in between the year it takes to make new stuff = Content updates every 5 months"
    You make it sound like that's a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Good decision.

We were barely getting started in Highmaul Mythic and then Blackrock Foundry released and we only went back to Highmaul to faceroll it with brf gear.

Cool...?

This doesn't give a lot of conversation. That being said, I will say that there wasn't a "delay" here, I'm pretty sure this was their plan from the beginning. AFAIK they never said anything different.

oh god he starts qq without reading posts from few moths ago where blizz said gap between both raids will be larger , because in first Wod tier it was to short and made highmaul pointless

7 + 1 + 9 = 17, same as last expansion.

"But wait, there's more! No less than eleven World Bosses."

Blizzard went all out on their design, totally not rehashed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEDX_1QkCik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUtoJVSoSWo
    Nighthold has 10 bosses
    Emerald Nightmare has 7 bosses
    filler raid could have 1-3 bosses

Deleted
    Jesus christ. People asked for more time after Highmaul, and now they are giving people that time yet some are complaining. Give me a break and go outside for a change.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    EN & Nighthold are the same Tier - nobody said they're counted as two Tiers, right?
    Nope, the tier gear only comes from Nighthold.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    "delayed"

Okay thanks for correcting the record
    Not delayed.

They said they wanted a longer gap than between highmaul and brf.

Since EM comes out on the 20th in the US, having it earlier than January would contradict that.

so basically nighthold + that other launch raid + 7.2 raids.

basically 2 launch raids (1 delayed to 2017) and a 3rd raid. Same as wod Watch blizzard claim these are 3 tiers after legion ends.

stormheim raid will be 1-3 bosses max.
    Last edited by TS26; 2016-08-19 at 05:39 PM.