Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Unless they are really shit, they can surive up to 10 hits without heals if tank specced, a DPS will nost last that long.

And then there are DH and Druid tanks which can be ID'd from the UI alone as VH has a unique resource color and druids... well they look a little on the furry side.

Regardless a seasoned healer can spot the difference between a tank and non tank through the UI :P
    DH tank resource color is the same as hunter resource's color.

From what I've seen, literally no healer ever bothers trying to heal others, all they do is spam smite or other class equivalents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    True. But if the Elite mobs are not soloable, then they should not nerf the XP gained for multiple people. It should be just a flat XP for everyone.
    they just hotfixed the xp in groups

I think they're pretty well tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    The event is meant to be done in group. That's it.
    Said it all. Reminds me of the old elite mobs the game used to have and I think it's fun.

[Edited in after original post]

Plus, they're demons of the Legion.. They should be a bit of a big deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    I think they're pretty well tuned.
    No they're not if the end bosses can shred a full mythic 743 tank into pieces in less than 20 sec. Blizz tuned them with having a full squad of healers in mind, they didn't predict that literally NO healer even tries to heal ANYONE at all, much less the active tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No they're not if the end bosses can shred a full mythic 743 tank into pieces in less than 20 sec. Blizz tuned them with having a full squad of healers in mind, they didn't predict that literally NO healer even tries to heal ANYONE at all, much less the active tanks.
    agree the end of invasion bosses can 3shot our M geared druid tank and he has 1M hp more or less

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    invasions need autogrouping once you enter the zone or something.
    Yes! I was just telling my husband that today. There would be more healers if there was a group like there was in the Broken Shore event. It's much easier to heal in a group then to try to target a single person and pray you can get your heals off before they bite it.
    For that reason, I just go DPS on my Shaman. I grew tired of trying to find a friendly person and chain heal. If I'm grouped with my husband, the tank, I'll just throw CH on him and hope it gets the melee. Other than that, I gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I've often said the game could use a "soft group" system, where you get shown unit frames for players near you.

That way at least you might get a few heals or buffs from nearby players, and they could get XP for helping out with whatever you kill. Oh well, something for another MMO to introduce I suppose, and then for Blizzard to copy it about 5 years later.
    This would be great. I'm usually a healer but healing at that event is hard as fuck. I keep on spamming grounded abilities or Chain Heal because... you know, I don't know who needs healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    It doesn't seem in any way possible to tank them with ~700 geared toons without an actual grouped up healer (or healers). They hit for 100-300+k through armor and ... hello, self heals? Oh, I miss you, self heals!

Not sure what everyone else does. If I'm in a tanking spec, I just tickle them from very far away making sure I NEVER get aggro, and watch them kill other characters every few seconds until they go to work on some unkillable NPC. The way I tank the not totally lethal demons on my BrM is to get aggro than cast Effuse while auto attacking until one of us dies.

When healing ungrouped, it's not possible to identify a tank before it dies so whatever, I just heal whatever's nearby that seems to need healing. Smart heals, I miss you too.

Blizzard has tried hard to make ungrouped play in things like demon invasions work well, but taking away smart heals and self-healing is not a great help.
    As a veng DH if you have the heirloom tanking trinket and something like 710~ ilvl you can take the stage 4 bosses for a VERY long time, depending on the boss you can even tank the whole thing sometimes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Funny thing is, i see a lot of people "target boss then the thing he's targeting" but if I'm DPSing, i'll see the boss target change every few seconds. Various players, pets, Cromush and Muradin etc and on my tanks, very rarely do I have tank agro for long, as something else will always taunt off me.
    Yep there are people and pets taunting and of course people dying continually and NPCs getting aggro etc. "Target of target" might work if you're lucky but generally you'll be healing something that doesn't need healing (like Muradin) or a pet or player that's one melee hit or magic ability away from death regardless of anything other than Lay on Hands.

It's not necessarily hard to keep aggro as a tank, though, depending on the number of pets around, because in general very few players are into tanking the commanders. Of course in order to keep aggro you'll need to be alive.

Part of the elites that roam the zones remind me of the Timeless Isle guys. If you just stood there and took it, they could put a hurting on you in a hurry. However, if you dodge and interrupt their big attacks, they are pretty much chumps. (not talking about named guys, those do hurt to fight)

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I've considered looking for personal healers when I do them as a tank...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

It doesn't seem in any way possible to tank them with ~700 geared toons without an actual grouped up healer (or healers). They hit for 100-300+k through armor and ... hello, self heals? Oh, I miss you, self heals!

Not sure what everyone else does. If I'm in a tanking spec, I just tickle them from very far away making sure I NEVER get aggro, and watch them kill other characters every few seconds until they go to work on some unkillable NPC. The way I tank the not totally lethal demons on my BrM is to get aggro than cast Effuse while auto attacking until one of us dies.

When healing ungrouped, it's not possible to identify a tank before it dies so whatever, I just heal whatever's nearby that seems to need healing. Smart heals, I miss you too.

Blizzard has tried hard to make ungrouped play in things like demon invasions work well, but taking away smart heals and self-healing is not a great help.
    I just run away when my hp gets low and hope someone will aggro the boss. Many of them have habilities they use while standing still, so it's actually quite easy to get far from them. Then I heal up and go back to combat.
    Surprisingly, it works most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game has a soft group system, a pretty good one, but it doesn't have a UI for it. So heck yeah I love and am in favor of your suggestion.
    @Targetstarget macros it an easy way to heal other players outside your group but you are limited to only healing the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Erm..... "Elite"....

That used to mean something, and now every Tom dick and Harry wearing whites can kill a elite

If blizzard are making a 180 and going back to how they used to be, good.
    It's not so much that elites are harder, it is just that tanks are now only about mitigation instead of healing & mitigation for the most part. The spec just isn't a solo spec of really big stuff anymore, hence elites seeming like they are harder because tanks are squishy, die, then the raid wipes.