Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    your loss. You're fighting the wrong mobs out of laziness due. During stage 3, there are particular mobs all over the open areas (which people ignore) who give between 5-10k xp per kill.

90-99 I was getting a level per zone clear.

They gave me a reason to NOT afk on a lowbie with that buff doing 100k every 4 hits or so...then they nerfed it cause of all the white knights QQing. I swear like 50% of the lowbies doing it with me before the hotfix had that buff. It was REALLY hard to find any mobs.

I had an absolute blast running around the zone destroying crap for xp...you know...being part of the invasion.

I'm not sure how much effort I will put in on my one lowbie after this...currently AFKing a bit as I don't want to see the depressing numbers of that buff versus the glory of awesomeness of how it was 10hrs ago.

I have a massive amount of melee characters for some reason. I afk those invasions due to the bad self healing and way too frequent visits to the spirit res dude.

I have 2 locks, I do 100% participation on them as they just cannot die...seriously the most ridiculous self healing and shielding of all my classes.

They need more incentives to NOT afk but after almost 2 weeks of complaining about a few issues that make the event not fun for some classes, zero fixes...so yeah fuck it...afking on melee, hunters/locks/mage/healers I play and participate.

EDIT: I gave it a go with my lowbie...I really just hate afking stuff. You can still get decent xp depending on the map. Since I am horde, I have found Barrens to be the best place to go. I found a spot no one goes to that I can farm solo. I would say Westfall is the worst map...alliance seems like 80% to 20% horde and there aren't any cubby holes to hide and solo...from Westfall it is so easy to fly/run from the town to any of the spots that have demons up...

Once I am 90 I am not sure if my lowbie will be hitting the invasion or not...Draenor with flight can get a lot of levels just with the treasure hunting.

For my 100s, I still do what all the others do: shard hunt.
    Last edited by Themanintobuildafire; 2016-08-19 at 12:03 AM.

Westfall I find that out by Moonbrook is good for the xp leveling. Almost no one goes there and its full of mostly non elites with just a couple of elite packs.

For my 100s I shard hunt
    For my lower levels I XP hunt. Getting about half a level per and I am saving my chests till near the end of the event. May as well get free gear that is higher ilvl.

I do wish they would alter the xp so the bosses didn't split their xp between all players that fight it, but instead award a set amount per level to anyone that tags it. For the bosses (especially the final boss) its rarely worth the the death risk to participate in the fight from an xp point of view. But I am not big into afking either so, I will be swinging away xp or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post

People who are bored with "standard" leveling and wanted level up alts in a different way.
    Instead of afking in orgrimmar for queue, we are afking in the "world'.

I'll just be sure to AOE more from now on. It takes a couple of days to level 1-100 even without the invasion, 9p-100 is a matter of hours.

You had many many months to get alts leveled, don't bitch that you waited til the last minute and they are actually making you do something if you want to level faster.

Quote Originally Posted by irongar View Post
    People bitch that we afk in towns, so we go out in the world and the same people bitch about that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by irongar View Post
    If you afk in invasion then you waste alot of XP.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    they should have left it alone period. it's a limited event to get people excited about legion.

also was saving me money on transfers which seems like the least blizzard could do after giving no content for a year.
    Be careful... if you start having fun in Legion they will nerf it too... ;(

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference is:

Someone who doesn't actually participate gets loot/XP. All the people that did participate get more loot/XP.

Versus

Someone who doesn't participate and doesn't attack the mobs doesn't get loot/XP. Someone who DOES participate but isn't able to get back to the main area in time to kill the final boss ALSO doesn't get loot/XP.

Yeah, I can see why they opted for the first. So general chat isn't full of "Slow down DPS, I'm not back yet!"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do honestly feel bad if I just afk and not help at all. If it's going really fast though, and there are a ton of people and I need to take a call or step away for a minute I don't think that's a big deal. I just want the chests, I don't care about the shards I've maxed all my weapons and bought everything that I need/want. Just trying to get some warforged upgrades at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    A self driving car is for utilitarian purposes and Whereas a game is for entertainment purposes with no utilitarian benefit. You opt into playing a game for the express purpose of entertaining and engaging yourself. If you are planning to get a PhD with logic like you just applied to this situation, I'm afraid to tell you that it shall be a long and arduous trek. Self-driving cars vs video games = apples to oranges.
    The fact that you cannot grasp the correlation between two PAID time consuming activities (time being the variable, NOT the nature of the activity) for the purposes of illustrating opportunity costs (or the lack-thereof) tells me:

A: This is a waste of time trying to explain this any further
    B: I will be just fine with this PhD of mine

P.S. Your assertions about driving being strictly utilitarian and gaming being an expressly leisurely activity are both fallacies.

Good day sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Laytnor View Post
    Good for you, when you don't have some asshat come along and tag it. Some of us are not "lucky enough" to play on dead servers.
    Hint: It is sharded realms so no such thing as dead servers when it comes to Invasions.

Is there actually a reason to kill stuff in these invasion zones outside of leveling? And how fast is it to level 90-100 through these zones?
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    Is there actually a reason to kill stuff in these invasion zones outside of leveling? And how fast is it to level 90-100 through these zones?

Depends.

If someone else tags your kill, you basically get no exp.

so if you tend to get a lot of people tagging your kill, then you're better off grinding with treasure hunting, Draenor bonus objectives, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Depends.

If someone else tags your kill, you basically get no exp.

so if you tend to get a lot of people tagging your kill, then you're better off grinding with treasure hunting, Draenor bonus objectives, etc.
    I'm about to do the Gorgrond bonus objectives + potion method on my monk, wasn't sure if completing 4/4 stages was giving insane XP or something. thx
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No no, you are getting me slightly wrong... I dislike all who goes AFK at the event, if I can kill them during, I will. It has become a sport now a days, as people are getting tired of having people just standing around, waiting for it to be done.
    I announce in general that I'm going to leech, then dismount myself from high enough to die and stay dead for the invasion just outside the gy just to upset people like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Just a shame that the AFK-xp is VERY bad now, almost not worth doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I announce in general that I'm going to leech, then dismount myself from high enough to die and stay dead for the invasion just outside the gy just to upset people like you.
    You wouldn't really upset me, you would already be useless, you killing yourself just proves it really. *shrugs*
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You wouldn't really upset me, you would already be useless, you killing yourself just proves it really. *shrugs*
    You seem pretty upset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand people who log in and then don't play the game. Why not play a game you actually want to play?