Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yep, apologies if I came across blunt/condescending. Wasnt the aim

I've put my buff on most of the dps classes in various specs.

Warlocks/shadow priests return the least for me.
    Hunters/Rogues and funnily enough, Elemental Shamans seem to average the most damage. They all have their annomalies, but from raiding this pre patch, I always go with those 3.

It will change from boss to boss though, a warlock able to destroy an entire set of adds quickly would get the buff from me for example on that one boss fight.

No worries! I like the idea of re-issuing blessings on an encounter by encounter basis too. Though it kinda leads back to the "Dark Intent" struggles Warlocks had with intra-raid competition for the buff .

Quote Originally Posted by Flizzle View Post
    Best Save HFC 4 sets then. Until Blizzard nerf them.

That's the most damage I've seen one do recently, I know its patchwerk but still. That's how silly it is, running old gear to do more damage.
    all "old expansion" tier bonuses will be disabled as soon as you reach the next "max level"
    WoD tier bonuses will disable at 110
    MoP tier bonuses will disable at 100
    Cata tier bonuses will disable at 90
    Wrath tier bonuses will disable at 85
    TBC tier bonuses will disable at 80
    Vanilla tier bonuses will disable at 70
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    all "old expansion" tier bonuses will be disabled as soon as you reach the next "max level"
    WoD tier bonuses will disable at 110
    MoP tier bonuses will disable at 100
    Cata tier bonuses will disable at 90
    Wrath tier bonuses will disable at 85
    TBC tier bonuses will disable at 80
    Vanilla tier bonuses will disable at 70
    Makes sense to me.
    Got confused with new patches and expansions. Just tarred it all with the same brush and presumed it would still work!

Quote Originally Posted by Flizzle View Post
    Makes sense to me.
    Got confused with new patches and expansions. Just tarred it all with the same brush and presumed it would still work!
    It wont, even legendary ring gets disabled at 110 IIRC.

Yeah, I was aware of the Legendary, although I thought I had read it gets reduced effect after each level from 100+?

Not that It bothers me, I am going to use the 715. Once you start throwing on the gear from Legion leveling, the % STR gain outweighs the damage buff from the on use legendary. Was still working constantly up till 109.

I mean at the end of the day leveling is going to be 8-10 hours anyway so, does it matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunSaren View Post
    the discussion is about LEGION ret/paladin lately, stating your own experiance, or that of your guilds on LIVE is not helping.
    might aswell add my own unsupported knowladge ive gathered from ppl with beta or on discord!
    Prot paladin looks to be one of the strongest tanks in legion atm, from what ive seen/heard (it might not be nice to play, however that is personal preference), keep in mind that every tank spec gets one more defensive ability from arftifact, as well as enhanced existing toolkit, and outliers such as prot warr got nerfed on live just now.
    hpally looks to be a very strong healer, probably the best alongside rdrood for mythic+ farm, leading into raids.
    Ret is nowhere as bad as that currently, i have no clue where you get these ideas from. And i believe you talk about live ret yet link some only god knows what sim from legion.
    As if I wouldn't know that we're talking about LEGION.

So far, it's grim for that spec. What kind of evidence do you have to back up your opinion on that "Ret is nowhere as bad as that currently"?

I'm trying to assess as much as possible. Luckily for me though it isn't going to be my main spec but for other rets who will be. /ugh

But looking at the bigger picture and that very sim that was used to calculate dps, with a few broken classes(hence the TEMP marker) it just doesn't look good no matter what angle you look at it right now.

Don't assume that I'm as stupid as a rock. I'm very well aware what we're going to be getting with the artifact as we go into the expansion.

The one thing I am not a fan of, which thete brought up, is the artifact set-up. Ashes to ashes is clearly hands down the best talent to get but we have to go through 2 dead talents in order to get it. Going the "long route" which means going all the way around, and picking up some nice bonuses along the way yields poorer dps initially, but puts you in a better situation a few weeks down the road.

I guess that's the trade off for having such an essential golden dragon. Though Arms warriors, who absolutely need shattered defense (almost as much as paladins need ashes to ashes) don't have to go through as many terrible talents to reach it.

boy do I love it when they say "Ret is not THAT bad".

Why noone is saying "Ret is THAT good" ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Why noone is saying "Ret is THAT good" ?
    noone could write that without dissolving into tears and or uncontrollable laughter

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you still use the ring for soloing old raids or will it just flat-out not work once you're 110?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inocybe View Post
    Pretty easy to fool you apparently.... Noxxic, you shouldn't even go their.
    I have been told i should not go to Noxxic, Icy veins and Elitist jerks.

So where should i go?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Can you still use the ring for soloing old raids or will it just flat-out not work once you're 110?
    At 110 your ring increases your damage by 0%, wich obviously makes it explode for 0. So, no. The on-use is completely useless at 110. It becomes a regular ring. All it has is the ilvl and associated stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post

So where should i go?
    Go anywhere you can trust the author, if you trust the author on noxxic then that's ok. Don't know the author? look or ask for something (anything) that can make them valid. For ret the only one I'd take info from (and trust it) is Solsacra, for Warriors (dps) it's Sarri. There were a lot more sources for ret in the past, most of them have quit or rerolled though, myself included.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go anywhere you can trust the author, if you trust the author on noxxic then that's ok. Don't know the author? look or ask for something (anything) that can make them valid. For ret the only one I'd take info from (and trust it) is Solsacra, for Warriors (dps) it's Sarri. There were a lot more sources for ret in the past, most of them have quit or rerolled though, myself included.
    ^ That. Solsacra was the one to look at in terms of ret stuff, helped me tons. Also Bear, what are you rerolling to btw? You might've mentioned it but I remember seeing you post quite a bit in Ret threads in WoD though I must've missed what you're changing to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post

So where should i go?
    https://discord.gg/ke8PU
    Do you know discord?

It's a like a IRC channel and the link is for the invite to the hammer of wrath channel.

Several people with good knowledge are there and can answer your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    ^ That. Solsacra was the one to look at in terms of ret stuff, helped me tons. Also Bear, what are you rerolling to btw? You might've mentioned it but I remember seeing you post quite a bit in Ret threads in WoD though I must've missed what you're changing to.
    Changed from ret to Owl late in BRF because Ret was shit, Melee were shittier and Blackhand... well wanted no melee and owls were strong (owl was already my alt) so I just asked if I should get on my owl. Stuck with owl for HFC but since I'm a melee player at heart I'm going back to melee for Legion, DPS Warrior and Enh Shaman. I might still do something with my paladin but I cringe uncontrollably when I play ret atm (beta), it's so sickening to play once you've played Warrior or Enh shaman which has so much better tools.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qwayne84 View Post
    https://discord.gg/ke8PU
    Do you know discord?

It's a like a IRC channel and the link is for the invite to the hammer of wrath channel.

Several people with good knowledge are there and can answer your questions.
    The same rules still follows.
    Find a source you can trust, random discord users are about as reliable as random MMO-Champion posters. I'll stick my neck out for Solsacra and a couple others but they've retired or rerolled for Legion so.

Deleted
    Changed from ret to Owl late in BRF because Ret was shit, Melee were shittier and Blackhand... well wanted no melee and owls were strong (owl was already my alt) so I just asked if I should get on my owl. Stuck with owl for HFC but since I'm a melee player at heart I'm going back to melee for Legion, DPS Warrior and Enh Shaman. I might still do something with my paladin but I cringe uncontrollably when I play ret atm (beta), it's so sickening to play once you've played Warrior or Enh shaman which has so much better tools.

- - - Updated - - -

The same rules still follows.
    Find a source you can trust, random discord users are about as reliable as random MMO-Champion posters. I'll stick my neck out for Solsacra and a couple others but they've retired or rerolled for Legion so.
    Sol is one of the theorycrafter on the discord channel. Together with mserrano he's currently working on the apl for ret simcraft.

They both just don't post a lot anymore here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwayne84 View Post
    Sol is one of the theorycrafter on the discord channel. Together with mserrano he's currently working on the apl for ret simcraft.

They both just don't post a lot anymore here.
    The problem is that for how long they will do that because with ret's current state even the last that are left will reroll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    The problem is that for how long they will do that because with ret's current state even the last that are left will reroll.
    No.
    Ret is okay like always. It has its flaws but when was this different except for the one week of 3.0?