Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    Jesus christ. People asked for more time after Highmaul, and now they are giving people that time yet some are complaining. Give me a break and go outside for a change.
    And who exactly are these people complaining? Are they in the room right now?

Deleted
    Where are you guys getting this info?

Gamescon? How are you getting it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    It is neutral.

Releasing an Expansion with no Raids in August 2016, then adding the first batch one after the other until "Early 2017" is not inherently more content than say, Cataclysm with 3 Raids at Launch.

But the way they portrayed it, "This time around there won't be a content drought. Don't worry, we got you!" - MMOC Frontpage, is misleading because the total amount of content is roughly the same´.
    Doesnt that depend on when the next batch of content after the first three raids is released? Including how long the end patch will be?

Imo its way to soon to be talking about the same amount of content

Considering Raid Tier 2 will be where we kill Queen Azshara, there will be a zone raised from the depths of the ocean and it will be similar to Tanaan but more epic. I would expect a few dungeons more too leading up to it.

I would much rather spend a month or two too long in every raid, than a year too long in a single raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

It is neutral.

Releasing an Expansion with no Raids in August 2016, then adding the first batch one after the other until "Early 2017" is not inherently more content than say, Cataclysm with 3 Raids at Launch.

But the way they portrayed it, "This time around there won't be a content drought. Don't worry, we got you!" - MMOC Frontpage, is misleading because the total amount of content is roughly the same´.
    Eh. Not really. Order and time of release matters a great deal to the perception of the players base. Especially with the way that players can devour content, or just try and skip if there is something else that gives better stuff.

So in technical terms a drought means "a prolonged period of abnormally low rainfall". Replace rainfall with content. Even if they released three raid tiers right away, people will have that on farm within 6 months. Leaving the rest of the expansion high and dry. That would suck a lot.

Also going back to Cata as an example. I suppose it depends on your definition of tiers but generally I define it as raids that encompass a gear set. If I can get one set of gear from three seperate raids, then those raids exist on the same tier, regardless of when they were released.

Just my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Wait what, are they going to count EN and NH as separate tiers, and have one more after that, and claim they had 3 raid tiers? LOL if so, my signature be damned - that's kind of pathetic and disingenuous, given all the information we got until this point. So if this is true, then EN=T19, NH=T20. And we have a tier with literally no tier set ...

This and the rumor I read about no tier tokens kind of has me worried. So what, a system that has worked since fucking AQ40 suddenly doesn't work any more? But hey, I will have plenty of time for alts, even with the artifact system...
    No Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold are the same tier. Only tier drops from Nighthold, exactly how Highmaul and BRF worked this expansion or how MSV worked with HoF/ToES. Nightmare is the beginning that's a pre-raid raid, then you'll have the filler raid, then you'll have Nighthold. Nighthold is still T19.

It is neutral.

Should be noted that for MoP, 5.1 came very quickly onto the ptr and released only 3 months after MoP itself launched. This probably will release about the same time. Maybe slightly quicker like in 2 months.

Also, perception is everything. Cannot deny the effect of spreading content out purposely and how positive that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

The amount of stupidity in this thread is pretty saddening.

Some people clearly lack any sort of comprehension.

EN will be released sometime near the 20th of september (dunno the exact date). Then there will be 7.1 with the Stormheim raid. Then - IN THE SAME TIER - will come NH in January.

Making the FIRST TIER lasts 5-6 months. (well prolly more)

It's exactly the goal they wanted to achieve.
    Last edited by Ilir; 2016-08-19 at 06:35 PM.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    The amount of stupidity in this thread is pretty saddening.

Some people clearly lack any sort of comprehension.

EN will be released sometime near the 20th of september (dunno the exact date). Then there will be 7.1 with the Stormheim raid. Then - IN THE SAME TIER - will come NH in January.

Making the FIRST TIER lasts 5-6 months. (well prolly more)

It's exactly the goal they wanted to achieve.
    Where are you getting your info?
    (legit question)

Why does nightmare have zero tier pieces of it's own, AND is only barely weaker than nighthold in ilvl, if it's going to basicalyl be it's entire own tier.

Give it some throwaway tier sets, it shouldn't be the length of a full tier and lack the main selling point of a tier. It feels lazy as hell and just makes me think blizzard still hasn't learned anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Why does nightmare have zero tier pieces of it's own, AND is only barely weaker than nighthold in ilvl, if it's going to basicalyl be it's entire own tier.

Give it some throwaway tier sets, it shouldn't be the length of a full tier and lack the main selling point of a tier. It feels lazy as hell and just makes me think blizzard still hasn't learned anything.
    You are dumb.

It's not its own tier, it is the FIRST tier with the Stormheim raid and NH. Just like HM and BRF were the FIRST tier. Just like MSV, HOF and TES were the FIRST TIER.
    Last edited by Ilir; 2016-08-19 at 06:44 PM.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    so basically nighthold + that other launch raid + 7.2 raids.

basically 2 launch raids (1 delayed to 2017) and a 3rd raid. Same as wod Watch blizzard claim these are 3 tiers after legion ends.

stormheim raid will be 1-3 bosses max.
    You know blizzard already said that legion was going to have 4 patches right? a raid tier in 7.2 and another in 7.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Where are you getting your info?
    (legit question)

Which one ? The janunary date for the opening of NH has been annouced by Ion on the FatBossTV stream. The EN opening date, I think has been announced officially but I'm not 100% sure (but it should follow the same pattern as previous expansions).

And the stormheim raid being in between the two has been confirmed the other night during Slootbag stream.

Nighthold and EN have been tested several times during the alpha and beta, it's the same tier.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathadinn View Post
    You know blizzard already said that legion was going to have 4 patches right? a raid tier in 7.2 and another in 7.4.
    So? Nighthold is in 7.2 and a final raid in 7.4. 3 tiers. Patches are not tiers.

So? Nighthold is in 7.2 and a final raid in 7.4. 3 tiers. Patches are not tiers.
    Facepalm.

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/zone/the-nighthold/

"Introduced in patch: 7.1"

Like I said, people are lacking basic comprehension.

Homophobia is so gay.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure Nighthold isn't 7.2. Just because it releases after 7.1 doesn't make it 7.2. There will be emerald nightmare, stormheim raid, nighthold.. Whatever raids come from 7.2, and then end expac raid with 7.4. Sounds like enough raid content to me for 3 tiers.

...Nighthold is in 7.1, we don't know what 7.2 or 7.4 raids will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

And this is a problem why? Blackrock Foundry came out too quickly after Highmaul. Let's not have that again.

- - - Updated - - -

Bro... Emerald Nightmare, Stormheim raid in 7.1, Nighthold = Tier 1. None of em is in 7.2.

I think people are taking my words out of context. In no way did I say Delaying it was a bad thing, on the contrary actually. It is delayed because they decided to not put it out after Emerald Nightmare, and this is not a bad thing, no need for the over reaction.

Blizzard Logic:

"We will hold back some of the stuff we have completed (Nighthold Raid, Karazhan Dungeon) in between the year it takes to make new stuff = Content updates every 5 months"

Actually, this is at it's core a very good model, provided the content that is currently being provided remains engaging.

A good example is Magic the Gathering. The Design and Development teams for Magic the Gathering work 2 years in advance. So the sets that come out this year were actually designed and developed in 2014. This has allowed them to consistently keep a very steady stream of content coming out for that game for the 12 or so years that they've had this design paradigm.