Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So as assumed this was a great simulator to explore worlds but it lacked heavily in game play due to it being a sandbox and thus fairly repetitive.

Steam refund system is better and most should switch to that, however buyer remorse is only on one person and that's you plenty of info out about the game to know what you're buying into.

10+ Year Old Account
    literally tells you the policy before you buy the game.. if you don't agree to it then go get a physical disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not at all, unless you just want to act like a victim for some reason.

If you wanted to critique the game for not being very good, I'd wholeheartedly agree with you that there are a lot of folks, especially critics, who hold that opinion. Can't comment personally, as I've not played it, but there is no shortage of criticism for the game.

But again, generally when speaking about any products "success" or "failure", it's done in terms of financials. Because that's the ultimate measure for the companies that create and sell them.
    The thing is, the game isn't terrible. It's just buggy and under-delivered on things that they mentioned. Also, the price point isn't good, it's an indie game and should be priced accordingly.

A lot of people bought into the hype which inflated the sales, but the reviews from critics and players are definitely not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    I am glad this game is a failure.

Now I can laugh at all those guys who told me that 60$ for an indie game is fine lol.
    $60 for a idie game is fine if its a good game. Idie really doesn't mean shit anymore.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    $60 for a idie game is fine if its a good game. Idie really doesn't mean shit anymore.
    this time it does. because it was an indie game I didn't pre-order it.

I wondered how they would manage to get a game this big done by a team that small.

Now I realize my intuition was right and saved me 60$.

They didn't pull it off like they promised.

Deleted
    more games need demos so people dont need to waste £40 on a game to know if they like it or not, i know devs wont do that as it would lose them money, but whatever

steam refund is okay, 2 hour time limit is fairly generous in most cases, 2 hours is imo a good amount of time to judge if its a game you want to keep playing or not

10+ Year Old Account
    All indie means is independently developed. It doesn't speak of how much the financial backing is or how expensive the project is what determines a large part of the price.

So all you saying that it shouldn't cost that much due to it being classed indie, really don't seem to know what indie actually means

10+ Year Old Account

I wondered how they would manage to get a game this big done by a team that small.

The $60 price point doesn't really have any bearing there though, if you changed it to $30 it would be the same principle beyond you personally being more willing to waste $30. $60 is a perfectly fine given the quality & quantity of work is equivalent, lack of the latter is what's important here not the price.

Paying an extra $30 just to see a publishers splash screen at the start of a game is more laughable.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not at all, unless you just want to act like a victim for some reason.

If you wanted to critique the game for not being very good, I'd wholeheartedly agree with you that there are a lot of folks, especially critics, who hold that opinion. Can't comment personally, as I've not played it, but there is no shortage of criticism for the game.

But again, generally when speaking about any products "success" or "failure", it's done in terms of financials. Because that's the ultimate measure for the companies that create and sell them.
    Yet in the movie industry, you'll often see films referred to as commercial success but critical failures, or vice versa, or a success/failure in both regards. Success isn't exclusively determined by finances, although those have the advantage of having tangible numbers/data to back up their verdict.

This policy is one reason I still buy Hardcopy's of many games, so if I hate it I can return it or trade it in.
    Trade in sure, but pretty much every store stopped allowing refunds on open games in the last few years.

I don't think consoles need to go full steam and allow a refund for pretty much everything, but in a situation like NMS where the game is like a buggy beta? Absolutely.

I am glad this game is a failure.

Now I can laugh at all those guys who told me that 60$ for an indie game is fine lol.
    Im enjoynig laughing at all the idiots that overhyped the game and then were suprised at what they got from a smalll small indie studio. And im enjoying people that are butthurt that e3 trailer didnt = final game.

You can't judge all indie games based off one bad one. If you could then all AAA games are shit because of Ubisoft. There is many AAA games not worth $60 and many Indie games that is worth $60.

So saying Indie games shouldn't be $60 is BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Trade in sure, but pretty much every store stopped allowing refunds on open games in the last few years.

I don't think consoles need to go full steam and allow a refund for pretty much everything, but in a situation like NMS where the game is like a buggy beta? Absolutely.
    You can get 100% refunds on used games at Gamestop and that was the refunds I was talking about.

If I buy new I got the option to trade in and if I buy used I can get a full refund.

IMO NMS is a decent $20-$30 game and not worth $60. But if they want to price it at $60 that's there choice and right.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Its like, maybe if these kids would stop pre-buying games based off of dev videos and promises and just WAIT until the game is out to make a decision, maybe they wouldn't need refunds.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    The buy into hype
    Know return policies
    Know what you're buying

Citing Steam like it they've always had it and how it mostly feeds emotionally driven gamers.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

You can get 100% refunds on used games at Gamestop and that was the refunds I was talking about.
    More of an exchange then a refund as they just give you the money in trade in credit.

More of an exchange then a refund as they just give you the money in trade in credit.
    No you can get cash back if you spent cash. They offer 100% refund on used titles.

No you can get cash back if you spent cash. They offer 100% refund on used titles.
    Sure if you get an idiot employee who doesn't understand that is only covered by the working guarantee. 7 day working gaurantee for refund, or 30 days for exchange in store value was always the policy when I worked there many years ago.

Either way comparing it here is illogical because 1) gamestop has to have the game in stock used and 2) they don't refund opened new games.

Sure if you get an idiot employee who doesn't understand that is only covered by the working guarantee. 7 day working gaurantee for refund, or 30 days for exchange in store value was always the policy when I worked there many years ago.

Either way comparing it here is illogical because 1) gamestop has to have the game in stock used and 2) they don't refund opened new games.
    Didn't say they refunded opened new games. I said I have the options to refund or trade in. If its new and shit I trade it and if its used I refund it.

It outright says you can return it within 7 days for any reason on the receipt you can and any day after within 30days is just a replacement.

If you buy NMS used and didn't know within 7 days if you liked it or not that's your own fault.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

Pre-owned Guarantee
    This pre-owned product has been carefully tested, and is guaranteed to work. If you are not completely satisfied, simply return the product within 7 days for your money back or identical exchange within 30 days of purchase.
    I would show what the receipt says but the cam on my phone is shit. It outright says you can return for any reason.

It only takes a couple weeks to get used titles in, Unless they are really good games people want to keep. With NMS I bet I can buy a used copy right now.

As a matter of fact I can.
    http://www.gamestop.com/browse/store...spx?sku=126443
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-19 at 07:22 PM.

I wouldnt even pay $10 for NMS LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I wouldnt even pay $10 for NMS LOL.
    Meh when its $20 ill give it a go, I have spent $20 on worse.