Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Blizzard confirms LFR is raiding.... so stop saying it isn't.

To quote and this is on the home page from the video.

Three difficulties plus Raid Finder means that there is a raid difficulty for all of the different groups. Normal for friends, family, and PuGs. Heroic for guilds that are formed for the purpose of raiding, Mythic for the extremely hardcore players.
    also
    The team was worried that LFR was growing too much in prominence in some ways, so they wanted to make sure that players were doing regular group raiding didn't also feel obligated to do lots of Raid Finder to complement that. The team probably overdid this in Warlords by removing Tier sets from Raid Finder, so they are coming back to Raid Finder in Legion.
    Incoming anger in 3....2....1
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

LOL. So if Blizzard "confirms" that the sky is red, it's red?

Of course LFR, at least technically, is raiding. As in, doing raid instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    LOL. So if Blizzard "confirms" that the sky is red, it's red?

Of course LFR, at least technically, is raiding. As in, doing raid instances.
    In this case they said the sky is blue and guess what....They are right.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    No because they would have just said 4 difficulties. Nice try though.

It's raiding in the sense that a bunch of people are getting together to kill a boss and may have to worry about mechanics sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    In this case they said the sky is blue and guess what....They are right.
    I was pointing out that it didn't need Blizzard to "confirm" anything that's factually true in simple terms by itself.

Not that anyone should care what you, me or anyone considers "raiding", but where exactly do you see them call LFR raiding?

Singling out LFR like that actually points in the other direction if you ask me. They explained the purpose of normal, heroic and mythic - but they didn't bother to address the audience for LFR...

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    It isn't.

/10char
    Of course it's raiding. It's a raid instance with a raid amount of players. Difficulty has no bearing on whether or not it's raiding.

If myself and 19+ other people hop into a MoP or Cata raid, it's still raiding. It might be extremely easy, but it's still raiding.

LFR is raiding. I mean, the R stands for "raid," after all.

It's not the same as raiding normal, heroic or mythic, but it's still raiding. This is the English language here and words have meaning. Don't try to separate your intent from the definition. Raiding is raiding at any difficulty level.

Just to make it clear: Any instanced PVE content that is intended for more than 5 players is raiding.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Not that anyone should care what you, me or anyone considers "raiding", but where exactly do you see them call LFR raiding?

Singling out LFR like that actually points in the other direction if you ask me. They explained the purpose of normal, heroic and mythic - but they didn't bother to address the audience for LFR...
    Didn't need to address the audience for LFR since its clear what its for...To be used by anyone at anytime.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is to raiding as Grades are to Kindergarden

you are rewarded with attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Of course it's raiding. It's a raid instance with a raid amount of players. Difficulty has no bearing on whether or not it's raiding.

If myself and 19+ other people hop into a MoP or Cata raid, it's still raiding. It might be extremely easy, but it's still raiding.

LFR is raiding. I mean, the R stands for "raid," after all.

It's not the same as raiding normal, heroic or mythic, but it's still raiding.
    To add it now drops Raid Tier once again

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    It's raiding in the sense that a bunch of people are getting together to kill a boss and may have to worry about mechanics sometimes...
    They aren't and they don't, ergo it isn't.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

No they didn't.

They said there's 3 raiding difficulties one for each group of players: Normal for friends and family & pugs, Heroic for Guilds, Mythic for Hardcores.
    Then there's RF that's - obviously - not a difficulty and not intended for group play, at least the dev didn't find it necessary to assign a group to it.

LFR is technically raiding (lf>R<), but well.. for the most players it's a stupid button smash simulator.

But let's be clear, for like the majority Raiding is a Environment which needs Communication, nothing else.
    So from a player perspective it's just not a raid at all, as u don't do anything you would do in a real one (HC, Mythic).
    Last edited by Nokami; 2016-08-19 at 07:22 PM.

It is a raid with slim to no difficulty. Ive never understood why some many Heroic/Mythic players were upset over it.

Deleted
    The only time lfr could be considered raiding was probably in mop and only 3-4 bosses that required tactics to be followed.

Other than that, never ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    They aren't and they don't, ergo it isn't.
    Its in a Raid.
    Its a Raid Group.
    You Fight a Raid Boss.
    It Drops Raid Tier.

If it looks and barks like a dog then its a dog But hey keep being salty I love it.

Yea, it's raiding with its soul torn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    The only time lfr could be considered raiding was probably in mop and only 3-4 bosses that required tactics to be followed.

Other than that, never ever.
    Then I guess MC in Classic wasn't a raid since you only needed 10 out of 40 people to know what they are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danthon View Post
    Yea, it's raiding with its soul torn out.
    Didn't know video games had souls or that souls was real.