Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FnKraze View Post
    Unfortunately, you would be incorrect.

Again, our mastery stat will not be useless, because Exsanguinate will not be primarily taken.

It won't do less damage in PvE, the non hemo/exsanguinate spec is for PvE and will be the best. In PvP, you WILL take Hemo and Exsanguinate and do higher damage faster. So, I'm not sure what your last argument/statement is here.
    Care to enlighten where you are getting this info? Everything I am seeing is pointing to Bleeds being way better than poisons at least until Emerald Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Angryst View Post
    Care to enlighten where you are getting this info? Everything I am seeing is pointing to Bleeds being way better than poisons at least until Emerald Nightmare
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...HgY9Dn#fight=6
    From logs I look at assassination rogues are looking good for emerald nightmare.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

those logs are pre exsang nerf lol :O

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1291 View Post
    I'm new to Assassination, sorta new to rogue in general. But when I play Assassination it just feels so freaking slow. Feels like I'm just waiting on energy the whole time and then refreshing the bleeds them sitting there again. My opinion but I just can't stand that gameplay,...
    That's true. It feels better to me with 'Alacrity' + 'Venom Rush' for single target but kind of takes the fun out of it because it's all passive. The thing for Assa is that it feels totally slow on single target but once you get your bleeds going on like three mobs you have a lot of energy. A lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    That's true. It feels better to me with 'Alacrity' + 'Venom Rush' for single target but kind of takes the fun out of it because it's all passive. The thing for Assa is that it feels totally slow on single target but once you get your bleeds going on like three mobs you have a lot of energy. A lot...
    i think that he speack about ST
    im pretty new too and im feeling the same...on ST often i need to wait a couple of sec to do something

10+ Year Old Account
    is it too late in the development to change Assassination to be more poison heavy?

maybe remove poisons for sub?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    maybe remove poisons for sub?
    implying sub still has poisons.

implying removing poisons from sub has made assa more poison heavy.

good morning. welcome to legion.
    Last edited by Todesbote; 2016-08-19 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    Thanks for your guys replies. Totally forgot about the extra energy with bleeds on the other targets. I was talking about single target yes, but it makes sense about the multiple targets thing. Just making sure it wasn't just me lol. Plus my gear sucks, this rogue was boosted and I am using all the gear from these invasions, I literally don't have 1 point of versatility like it doesn't even show up on my character screen cause I have none lol.

Deleted
    I See a lot of ppl here that can really change points of view by their good ability to give us a pictures about the current Situation of our beloved Assassin spec.

My problem is still that I anticipate assa with poisons. They took away poisons from the other specs to emphazize the poisoner build more and to give every spec it's distinctive fantasy. They clearly failed this one in my opinion. Instead of more emphazis on passive poisons, they should just have made poisons more interactive.

Also I HATE argonizing poison. Why do we have a poison that even takes away the last bit of poisons we have to gain a Flatrate dmg increase (again mostly for bleeds). That make it, at least for me the complete opposit of a poison centered ability. It is also bad for kingsbane, the applicaton is just to slow if you compare it to DP. Every application means more dmg for kingsbane. There is no synergy.

I also dont see mastery becomming valuable, even with this Shit talent, but I can't see into the future. Maybe a Trinket or Set Bonus will fix this, but I really don't like THIS Kind of "fix".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1291 View Post
    Thanks for your guys replies. Totally forgot about the extra energy with bleeds on the other targets. I was talking about single target yes, but it makes sense about the multiple targets thing. Just making sure it wasn't just me lol. Plus my gear sucks, this rogue was boosted and I am using all the gear from these invasions, I literally don't have 1 point of versatility like it doesn't even show up on my character screen cause I have none lol.
    T19 2 piece bonus adds another bleed to your arsenal (passively from mutilate) so you will have 3 bleeds up single target, enhancing energy gains. Just gear up at 110 and you will notice the difference eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowslim View Post
    I See a lot of ppl here that can really change points of view by their good ability to give us a pictures about the current Situation of our beloved Assassin spec.

My problem is still that I anticipate assa with poisons. They took away poisons from the other specs to emphazize the poisoner build more and to give every spec it's distinctive fantasy. They clearly failed this one in my opinion. Instead of more emphazis on passive poisons, they should just have made poisons more interactive.

Also I HATE argonizing poison. Why do we have a poison that even takes away the last bit of poisons we have to gain a Flatrate dmg increase (again mostly for bleeds). That make it, at least for me the complete opposit of a poison centered ability. It is also bad for kingsbane, the applicaton is just to slow if you compare it to DP. Every application means more dmg for kingsbane. There is no synergy.

I also dont see mastery becomming valuable, even with this Shit talent, but I can't see into the future. Maybe a Trinket or Set Bonus will fix this, but I really don't like THIS Kind of "fix".
    If only I could upvote posts here, this is EXACTLY how I feel about assassination currently.

Quote Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

T19 2 piece bonus adds another bleed to your arsenal (passively from mutilate) so you will have 3 bleeds up single target, enhancing energy gains. Just gear up at 110 and you will notice the difference eventually
    OK good to hear. It's worth noting that all my experience is just from prepatch alone cause I didn't have access to the beta. I'm looking forward to it getting better in legion cause I'm shelving a couple tanks to play a dps class for once lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    If only I could upvote posts here, this is EXACTLY how I feel about assassination currently.
    for me it's either they do something interesting with the poison bit(not just renaming the bleeds to poison as i've seen some suggest) or leave it as is which i'd prefer.

Deleted
    I just don't get why ppl are okay with argonizing poison. It's such a boring, lazy and uninspiring talent. Also the Tier 100 talents, but okay, thats another discussion for another thread, but you get what I want to say.

Long story short: Why are most ppl okay with this obviously shitty talent?
    Last edited by mmoc9038fdc8bf; 2016-08-19 at 07:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really dislike watching so many bars to refresh debuffs.

Keeping Rupture up, pooling energy for Envenom and watching for Dispatch triggers was great with the old playstyle.

Having to watch 3 debuff bars with Hemo, Garrotte, and Rupture all simultaneously is not fun for me. It plays nothing like any rogue spec has in the past. I am not liking this version of Assassination. Not to mention the mastery doesn't even make sense anymore. Like 60% of our damage is bleeds now, and only about 8-9% is actually poison damage that the mastery even effects. What a poor job they did of designing this.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowslim View Post

Long story short: Why are most ppl okay with this obviously shitty talent?
    What do you suggest we do? Theres only so much twitter trolling someone can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    It plays nothing like any rogue spec has in the past.
    It plays almost the same as it has pre-revamp. Build CPs with Mutilate, keep up Rupture, spend new CPs on Envenom, that's the core rhythm. It's exactly the same. The main difference is that you don't have a Dispatch procc any more and don't track the Envenom buff. Instead, you manage other things on the side (Hemo, Garrote). The playstyle and pace is basically the same as before.

As usually, you people are massively overexaggerating.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    It plays almost the same as it has pre-revamp. Build CPs with Mutilate, keep up Rupture, spend new CPs on Envenom, that's the core rhythm. It's exactly the same. The main difference is that you don't have a Dispatch procc any more and don't track the Envenom buff. Instead, you manage other things on the side (Hemo, Garrote). The playstyle and pace is basically the same as before.

As usually, you people are massively overexaggerating.
    Dude, I played Assassination almost exclusively for the last 4 years. I was very happy with the playstyle it gave. The rhythm of the revamped Assass doesn't feel remotely the same.

It's all about juggling 3 debuffs now and watching bars tick down, rather than feeling like an active and punchy melee spec. Really don't like how all the damage moved to bleeds, and you are required to put all talents into boosting bleeds and to focus on perfect bleed/debuff management during gameplay to keep DPS up. They turned assassination into a melee affliction Warlock.

Maybe the bleed thing is less alienating to me because I also played a lot of Feral Druid. Keeping track of 3 things doesn't seem too distracting to me. It's still a pretty simple spec, relatively speaking, I'd say. At first I was skeptical that they removed Dispatch, but I actually find the managing of bleeds more interesting than whack-a-moling the Dispatch proc.

Dude, I played Assassination almost exclusively for the last 4 years. I was very happy with the playstyle it gave. The rhythm of the revamped Assass doesn't feel remotely the same.
    I played assassination in BC, WotLK and Cata. I missed MoP completely and most of WoD. The only significant change I found when I came back was Dispatch, which is hardly very exciting. Otherwise it played pretty much the same as before, except that you didn't bother with Garrote as it was too weak, and you didn't have to worry about Slice and Dice since it took care of itself. Now, with Legion, Dispatch is gone again <shrug> and Garrote can be used rotationally without vanish. Hardly a completely new spec. You have Slice and Dice back again in the form of Hemorrhage. People complained that the spec was too braindead in MoP and WoD, so now you have a couple more things to keep track of, which is how it played before MoP. It's still not particularly difficult, and plays basically the same way. There are potential problems with the spec (mastery and scaling) but they're nothing to do with the playstyle.

It's all about juggling 3 debuffs now and watching bars tick down, rather than feeling like an active and punchy melee spec.
    It was always about watching debuffs and timing envenom windows to buff your debuffs. If you were playing it as if Mutilate was your primary source of damage, you were probably not playing the spec optimally. What you seem to want is a warrior, not an assassination rogue.