Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    So let's go in order.

First you say "You're stupid if you think they will both be 7.1". GOOD THING I'm not thinking that ! Good thing to know that Nighthold IS ALREADY in the game. Log on WoW. Click on the dungeon journal,select legion, select raids. OH MAGIC !!! NIGHTHOLD IS ALREADY THERE WITH ALL THE BOSSES AND LOOT ! WHAT KIND OF SORCERY IS THIS ? ARE WE ALREADY IN THE FUTURE ?

Then you quote the whole stuff with "we wanted to put a bit more space in between the raid tiers"... yes, like he's saying before : BRF came out way too early, not giving the people enough time to finish HM properly. SO they are going to introduce a MINI raid in between those 2 raids (THAT ARE ALREADY IN THE GAME, aka patch 7.0) so you don't have to wait 5 months between the opening of the TWO RAIDS implemented in patch 7.0.

Then they're talking about the 7.1 content and you mention that Nighthold isn't mentionned. NO SHIT SHERLOCK : THE RAID IS ALREADY IMPLEMENTED. HOw hard is it to understand that in your brain ?

NIGHTHOLD. is. in. the. game. already.

Also if you think that EN + the stormheim raids are the only raids of the first tier... i dunno what to say to you. A raid tier without tier set. SEEMS FUCKING LEGIT.

Please, just get a grip and stop posting nonsense.
    I am not sure why does it matter if it's in the game or not? Are we playing legion now? I mean it's already in the game

As for tier sets, switching that around isn't hard, unless you think we will go till early 2017 without tier sets?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ..."Raid tiers" are not the same thing as "raids."

Emerald Nightmare + Nighthold are in the same raid tier. Much like Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of the Endless Spring are in the same tier.

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about this. 7.1 doesn't introduce a new raid tier. It introduces a new raid in the same tier. As they've done for a LONG time, the ".2" patches introduce the new raid tiers.
    Are you even reading? They want to put a small raid BETWEEN the raid tiers. NOT between the raids.

Meaning, these are two separate raid tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    I am not sure why does it matter if it's in the game or not? Are we playing legion now? I mean it's already in the game

As for tier sets, switching that around isn't hard, unless you think we will go till early 2017 without tier sets?
    We will.

Just like we didn't have any tier set until brf came out.

seriously, at this point you must be trolling or maybe our brain doesn't work the same way.

You can bookmark this if you want and we'll see then which of us is right, until then... i'm not wasting my time on this anymore.

Good day (or night dunno where you live) to you ! (and i mean that)

Homophobia is so gay.

We will.

Just like we didn't have any tier set until brf came out.

seriously, at this point you must be trolling or maybe our brain doesn't work the same way.

You can bookmark this if you want and we'll see then which of us is right, until then... i'm not wasting my time on this anymore.

Good day (or night dunno where you live) to you ! (and i mean that)
    R
    Right. 10char

When Chilton was asked about how many tiers we have in Legion, he specifically mentioned the shipping raids as its own tier, or rather if you count both of those as 1 tier, then there's 2 more tiers coming after. The shipping ones being Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold. Those two are ONE tier. 7.2 will bring another tier and then another tier after that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16uJloKIl8&t=5m42s
    Last edited by Nize; 2016-08-19 at 08:13 PM.

You are dumb.

It's not its own tier, it is the FIRST tier with the Stormheim raid and NH. Just like HM and BRF were the FIRST tier. Just like MSV, HOF and TES were the FIRST TIER.

Great way to start your conversation, just calling people dumb.

Since you obviously don't read, they said yesterday that raid tiers would be 4-5 months long. Nightmare is going to last 4-5 months (aka A FULL TIER OF TIME) and consists of the same armor models as the Nighthold, and no tier pieces. It doesn't contain it's own tier, even though it is going to have the same duration and the same boss count than a normal tier. (Assuming stormheim has 1-3 boses).

So no, it's not "the same tier" unless they lied about 4-5 month tiers, or they just want to be lazy and not have to develop extra art assets for more gear. It's their way of making it look like we get constant content, but actually just stretching out what is already done and should be out by releasing it far apart.

Edit: And yeah if you want to get super fucking technical, they are the same tier if you count only by sets. Except that nighthold is an entire tier higher ilvl. Nightmare is literally just a tier without it's own gear sets.
    Last edited by Keltas; 2016-08-19 at 08:19 PM.

4-5 months for Emerald Nightmare sounds fine to me, especially since we'll probably see the Stormheim raid somewhere in there. Should give more guilds time to clear Mythic without feeling like they had to drop their progress and move on to the next raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Don't mind this decision. Might actually make nightmare worth doing.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Don't mind this decision. Might actually make nightmare worth doing.
    I've said this a few times during WoD, but maybe it's time to redefine what a tier is.

Since apparently Blizz now considers Nightmare to be its own tier in length. And in boss count. And in difficulty. Just not in gear set.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Are you even reading? They want to put a small raid BETWEEN the raid tiers. NOT between the raids.

Meaning, these are two separate raid tiers.
    Uhhh they never said "The 7.1 raid is between TIERS." They said that 7.1 has a small raid between Nightmare + Nighthold, which are the same tier.

Maybe your problem is that you're just inventing things to be mad about.

Even though I am sad about no tier for a long time, am completely fine with blizzard's decision. I would rather have nighthold earlier, but we still are only about 5 months away from its release (presumably) which is on track with what they said. I believe BRF came out about 3 months after highmaul, and they said that wasn't enough time. So 5 months makes sense according to their logic, I just don't happen to agree with the logic.

So let's go in order.
    there is nothing to go in order - they literaly said that they want to put in something between raid tiers making EM tier 19 and nighthold t20 with stormheim raid in between then in 7.1
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-08-19 at 08:35 PM.

Please stop quoting me if it's to write dumb shit. Tyvm

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, let me get this straight. Some people want to label the raids themselves as the tier, instead of basing it on the tier gear. So EN would be T19 with no tier gear. While NH would be T20 but drop T19 (aka the 19th tier set, because that's how the system has worked for the last 10+ years) gear. Got it....
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-08-19 at 08:44 PM. Reason: clarification, btw. Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    So, let me get this straight. Some people want to label the raids themselves as the tier, instead of basing it on the tier gear. So EN would be T19 with no tier gear. While NH would be T20 but drop T19 gear. Got it....
    Don't try to understand them. It's impossible.

Homophobia is so gay.

It is odd, I don't understand what is going to happen with tier gear. Why is it even in the game if we aren't going to get it until 5 months after the expansions launch.
    Are they making it so this first raid + whatever is in Stormheim is a single tier?

Either way, 4 months is plenty for Nightmare. I was really really worried about this problem, because Nighthold is so vastly superior to Nightmare that if it wasn't out for too long no one would remember it just like poor Highmaul.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Great way to start your conversation, just calling people dumb.

Since you obviously don't read, they said yesterday that raid tiers would be 4-5 months long. Nightmare is going to last 4-5 months (aka A FULL TIER OF TIME) and consists of the same armor models as the Nighthold, and no tier pieces. It doesn't contain it's own tier, even though it is going to have the same duration and the same boss count than a normal tier. (Assuming stormheim has 1-3 boses).

So no, it's not "the same tier" unless they lied about 4-5 month tiers, or they just want to be lazy and not have to develop extra art assets for more gear. It's their way of making it look like we get constant content, but actually just stretching out what is already done and should be out by releasing it far apart.

Edit: And yeah if you want to get super fucking technical, they are the same tier if you count only by sets. Except that nighthold is an entire tier higher ilvl. Nightmare is literally just a tier without it's own gear sets.
    Well sorry for calling you dumb. I take that back.

But just so you know, please explain to me how Nightmare is going to last 4-5 months if there will be the stormheim raid after it, if NH will be released in january.

Just tell me how you do your maths please.

Also tell me how logical it is for the tier 19 to drop in NH if it's a tier 20 raid ?

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion launches Aug 30th 3 weeks later Nightmare opens (Sept 20th, thats if the 3 week thing is correct) then 7.1 still no date yet, and the Nighthold in early 2017 so an estimate could be January. Seems like a good amount of time in between
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Well sorry for calling you dumb. I take that back.

But just so you know, please explain to me how Nightmare is going to last 4-5 months if there will be the stormheim raid after it, if NH will be released in january.

Just tell me how you do your maths please.

Also tell me how logical it is for the tier 19 to drop in NH if it's a tier 20 raid ?
    Early 2017 isn't January. Late January would have Nightmare out for 4 months. So Nighthold could drop February. The Stormheim raid could come at any time between then. I agree it seems with Tier 19 they're one tier, but the above point still stands. It's hard to tell how many tiers we'll actually have at this point ,even if they've stated their goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heres what I think will happen.

August 30th Legion launch
    September 20th Normal and heroic EN
    September 27th Mythic and lfr EN
    October 11th Lfr wing 2 EN
    October 25th Lfr wing 3 EN
    November 8th 7.1 launches. Difficultys and lrf wing(s) will open in the following weeks if they exist.
    January 24th Normal and heroic NH
    January 31st Mythic and lfr wing 1 NH
    February 14th Lfr wing 2 NH
    February 28th Lfr wing 3 NH
    March 2nd 7.2 ptr goes up.
    March 14th Lfr wing 4 NH
    April 25th 7.2 launch.

I honestly see no content drought. Maybe NH will launch a week or two sooner, but I think 7.2 will launch late April/early May either way. Thats 8-9 months of the first tier, but the way its spread out is fine imo. Plus kara and the small raid. Should be no drought of content. I think its fair to have the expansion launches last a bit longer anyways as they have hige amounts of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Early 2017 isn't January. Late January would have Nightmare out for 4 months. So Nighthold could drop February. The Stormheim raid could come at any time between then. I agree it seems with Tier 19 they're one tier, but the above point still stands. It's hard to tell how many tiers we'll actually have at this point ,even if they've stated their goals.
    Apparently Ion confirmed NH for January in the stream (according to someone here, didn't watch the stream yet). That's where I'm taking the January from.

Homophobia is so gay.