Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Would it be a mistake to main beast master ?

Would it be a mistake to main beast master if I intend to play a lot of PVP in Legion?
    I don't care about how they are not considered a serious choice in pvE and choose to play bm due to the fantasy.
    However my experience of bm in pvp this patch has been bad. Has anyone had good experiences this patch in pvp with bm?
    Thoughts?
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

There are 200 posts asking the same thing in a different way. What we gather from those posts is the following. The power of BM depends on how much of your artifact is unlocked. Once fully unlocked BM is as powerful as MM damage-wise and with higher mobility. Not to mention Is the go-to spec for pvp. Numbers aside the spec is pretty simplistic and some people might get bored as the expansion goes on, so you have to take the information and choose for yourself.

Beast Mastery is weaker than Marksmanship regardless of artifact level on a single-target, it is only conceivably better at AoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Beast Mastery is weaker than Marksmanship regardless of artifact level on a single-target, it is only conceivably better at AoE.
    Any proof? You are saying in all posts that MM is better than BM. Based on what? Logs, personal experience, theorycrafting?

Simulations, and a little bit of personal experience (being able to very consistently and significantly outperform the simulation indicates that the simulation leaves something to be desired for the spec).

Also, you know, if you just use your brain it's a pretty obvious choice.

Simulations, and a little bit of personal experience (being able to very consistently and significantly outperform the simulation indicates that the simulation leaves something to be desired for the spec).

Also, you know, if you just use your brain it's a pretty obvious choice.
    What simulator are you using for pvp, exactly? Or did you fail to read the op and post a knee jerk based on someone wanting to play a spec you don't approve of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Now where is the upvote button? Love your reply Oplawlz. Azor might be knowledgeable about hunters, but the way he chooses to "inform" of his opinions always makes me smile when someone put him in his place

I just didn't read OP. That you'd even try to insinuate that I have a personal distaste of Beast Mastery is hysterical.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's never a mistake to main any spec of any class. Play what you like and those who disapprove be damned.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm tempted to go 100-110 with BM since that will be my primary spec.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

I just didn't read OP. That you'd even try to insinuate that I have a personal distaste of Beast Mastery is hysterical.
    if you find that hysterical you may want to stop trying to be an internet tough guy and see a physician...

That I'd speak against a spec purely because I personally dislike it is simply a silly notion, don't think I could've made it clearer but there you go. ^^

I have yet to see these "sims" that say MM tops BM, OP play what you enjoy and who the hell cares what others say unless your raiding top 10%. MM is boring as all get up and half the time is just fishing, BM is incomplete from my perspective and could use another focus regen ability (like cobra shot was). AOTW is just bleh. TLDR play what you enjoy who the hell cares about everyones opinions.

Top 10% of raiding is like, world 1100.

Either way, I doubt OP is interested since he's talking about PvP.

The sims for DPS comparisons are not public, btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Would it be a mistake to main beast master if I intend to play a lot of PVP in Legion?
    I don't care about how they are not considered a serious choice in pvE and choose to play bm due to the fantasy.
    However my experience of bm in pvp this patch has been bad. Has anyone had good experiences this patch in pvp with bm?
    Thoughts?
    Ok, I will try and give an actual useful answer:
    watch this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MortPMgOO88.

BM has potential to be really strong due to some debuff pvp talents that u cant see in live yet
    It can play out really ez if u pick a certain set of pvp talents and that allows u to go all in.
    But u can also play a more supporty role that is somewhat harder to play with other pvp talents

It will certainly better then MM for obvious reasons (pet LoS and moblility)
    SV might be ok in legion too, we will have to see

also: there is a pvp talent that makes it so KC doesnt have a cd if enemies are lower then 20% OP AF
    Last edited by mmocb6c41d5544; 2016-08-20 at 12:28 AM.

Top 10% of raiding is like, world 1100.

Either way, I doubt OP is interested since he's talking about PvP.

The sims for DPS comparisons are not public, btw.
    Damn man, the way you respond to people in combination with your signature just screams insecurity in a manner I have never ever seen before.

You alright dude?

The signature is a credibility thing, people aren't educated enough to tell fact from fiction from the words alone (as is evident by the misinformation in this thread that people will simply eat up), and you're better off trusting someone who can actually play the game when it comes to making play or character decisions.

Or maybe it's just crippling insecurity, but then again, I'm not the guy asking people if they are "alright" because I'm butthurt that they weren't nice to someone else, or whatever.

Deleted
    To me it seems BM will be one of the clumsiest specs for PvP, what with the fact a lot of your damage will be coming from your pet and not you. Add to that they changed something with pet AI and even after the "hotfix" it's still not like it was before, so you will also have to micro manage the pet a lot more than you're used to. It just doesn't look very viable. Your pet will have to be on your target non stop for you to nuke it down, but in reality it will have a lot of down time.

It's just a very gimped way to PvP. At least with MM, even with the gimped mobility, you're still gonna hit and cleave like a truck and once you get the set bonus for instant Aimed Shots, I'd say it sounds pretty scary. What does BM have in it's arsenal that makes you think "wow now that will be strong in PvP"?

The signature is a credibility thing, people aren't educated enough to tell fact from fiction from the words alone (as is evident by the misinformation in this thread that people will simply eat up), and you're better off trusting someone who can actually play the game when it comes to making play or character decisions.

Or maybe it's just crippling insecurity, but then again, I'm not the guy asking people if they are "alright" because I'm butthurt that they weren't nice to someone else, or whatever.
    No that's right, you are just the guy who uses 5 lines of text in your signature trying to show everyone how much of an authority you are In regards to hunters. The sad thing is that none of that makes you even remotely special, but simply shows how important it is for you to have some sort of meaning for random strangers, which really man, you don't.

And honestly the whole "the quality of my answer" bla bla bla, is just borderline insane. If you are like 18 years old, fair enough, but I sincerely hope you are not an adult.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and "a credibility thing"? You lost every single shred of credibility the second you decided to respond to a post without even reading it. Like you admitted doing in your second reply.

Yea, that's not insecurity at all, haha!

Deleted
    It's just a very gimped way to PvP. At least with MM, even with the gimped mobility, you're still gonna hit and cleave like a truck and once you get the set bonus for instant Aimed Shots, I'd say it sounds pretty scary. What does BM have in it's arsenal that makes you think "wow now that will be strong in PvP"?
    Instant Aimed Shot set bonus in Legion?

BM has cooldowns and pretty high overall burst I'd say, it's weak outside of these but that does barely matter in PvP, doesn't it?
    BM also has Honor talents that at least sound like they'll help and do something.
    MM seems to be a BG spec, BM looks like the go to Arena spec.

@ OP

You can have 3/3 gold traits on 2 artifacts very close to each other and a 34A/34B setup (34 = all aritfact traits) 2 weeks after you reach 34 Traits with your first weapon.
    It's after you spend ~35 traits into one of them where you should decide which weapon to max first... but on the other hand, if you are fine with ~5% less damage, then that doesn't matter either.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-20 at 10:27 AM.