Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Human wood skin variation

Edit: Since patch 7.1 this skin is now used for mannequins in the order hall.

Was playing with wowmodelviewer and found this new human skin variation:

It wasn't there when I checked before the prepatch, so might be a Legion thing. Is it anywhere in the game? Or just an unused texture? They can wear armor. Maybe some kind of dressable mannequin?
    Last edited by MarilynMaelstrom; 2016-11-01 at 07:30 PM.
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

It looks like some pretty awesome potential. No idea what it's about, tho

Could possibly be using them for target dummies or something. I don't remember ever seeing them anywhere.
    Cool as a cucumber.

New Target Dummies! No, in all seriousness though, it'd be cool if these were some 'titan' variant race. Picture the Earthen type characters, except more like something you'd see in Freya's 'quarter' in Ulduar.

Thought this was about morning wood.

Deleted
    Looks very much like some kind of Training Dummy. Or mannequin.

7+ Year Old Account
    NEW CLASS
    Healer= Sex doll
    pleasure your allies to heal them, with a slight stacking debuff, giving them splinters, only works on opposite genders... and getting the talent choice "2016" your now allowed to heal people from your own gender!

Tank= window display
    wear horribly overpriced, ugly transmog, and use your window shield to tempt your enemies into window shopping, and paying with their lives to get that armor your wearing

DPS= master of wood
    Remove your own arm, and use it as a baseball bat like weapon, hitting your opponent, and using it to hit your head like a projectile into your enemy
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    It does look like a mannequin. Reminds me of the mannequins in Skyrim and Wildstar that you could equip with gear from your inventory. Maybe Blizzard is going to try something like that.

Id say its most likely a training dummy or something, the metal connector rings or what ever you want to call them make them seem less natural than what an wood version of an earthen would look like.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Id say its most likely a training dummy or something, the metal connector rings or what ever you want to call them make them seem less natural than what an wood version of an earthen would look like.
    Yeah, I saw those, and thought that. At the same time, they look way to detailed in the face for mannequins imo, but it's probably more likely, you're right.

7+ Year Old Account
    maybe a kara dungeon puppet show boss?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    you might have just solved it.

pretty interesting, kinda disturbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting. I'd say it's a mannequin over a combat dummy; I doubt there's a need for target dummies to be based off of human models when we already have target dummy models, but a dynamic mannequin would need to be based off a player character model in order to accurately display and wear whatever they are supposed to wear.

As one of the opera bosses or something? Yeah that sounds rather probable, and would be pretty cool too.

Mannequins would be a cool idea, but I don't think they'd only use human models for it. A Tauren wouldn't really want to display his armor sets on a human, for instance. Maybe they're going to be some mobs for future content, like a possessed mannequin or a puppet.

7+ Year Old Account
    would make sense, or would be cool to see the "armor set shows" in the class halls they mentioned somewhere long long ago, where armor sets of people in the class hall would appear showing them off to other people, and could be inspected and saved (still sad we never got the "you will be able to link other people your sets, and they can look at them, and save them")
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I really don't think they would make Humanized training dummies. The current training dummies are quite iconic by now for starters.

I think kara/other future mob and manequin are more likely bets

You can't be made of wood and be a human, unfortunately. Humans are made of tissues, bones, and blood.

I like the look of whatever that is though!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Maybe a toy or sth?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    would make sense, or would be cool to see the "armor set shows" in the class halls they mentioned somewhere long long ago, where armor sets of people in the class hall would appear showing them off to other people, and could be inspected and saved (still sad we never got the "you will be able to link other people your sets, and they can look at them, and save them")
    That and the ability to save a set from inspecting another player, regardless of which you are on.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Mannequins would be a cool idea, but I don't think they'd only use human models for it. A Tauren wouldn't really want to display his armor sets on a human, for instance. Maybe they're going to be some mobs for future content, like a possessed mannequin or a puppet.
    Interesting that they can wear armor.
    So it is possible that they are simply the first of the races to receive that variation.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-20 at 12:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity: how did you get WMV to work? I haven't been able to since the pre-patch.