Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ofcourse its raiding, weve known this since it was released... but its not progression raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Ah ok. I thought maybe that was true and saw another quote so I got all confused lol
    Its all good and myfault

To be clear I didn't make this thread to troll. I got tired of people dismissing blizzards other quotes about LFR and pulling the Ghostcrawler/Tourist Mode card. So here is a update on there opinion of LFR.

Bottom line like it or not LFR is a form of raiding.

(Not saying u like it or not to be clear).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

i mean for people who lack skill for even normal raiding sure it can be considered raiding,

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To quote and this is on the home page from the video.

also

Incoming anger in 3....2....1
    Is there a point to this thread outside of trying to start a flame war?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I usually run the LFR's on alts to mess around and stuff so I don't have to find an actual raid. MoP I could run a few times and WoD I did once on for my legendary items on my main and couldn't stomach it anymore.
    I still do it on all my characters I play. Some to get the rust off for like tanking and others for bags of gold/Tmog

There is a handful of fights I like in LFR WOD (last wing of HFC) but I loved dam near all in MOP.

I hope Legion is much better.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ok, ok, ok...

So going by what OP says...

Going to Special Ed classes is the same as taking all AP classes in High School.
    Since both are being taken at High School.

Oh, silly OP, you so Cray Cray!

It's not.
    /10ch
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Exclusiveness (one difficulty) creates an epic quest to the player. No one can deny that. No one.
    Epic quests are fun.

Epic quest to see and enter a raid is gone. Transmogs killed the quest to have nice looking armor. Epic gear is not "epic" to get.

Raiding is dead to me because it has no deeper meaning attached to it like "old times".
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-08-19 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    It was always raiding...easy raiding, so raid=/=hard it is just name for more then 10 people getting together to kill shit. It would be like saying running isn't running if you are not competing in Olympics.
    more like saying running isnt running if you are at a track meet for 8 year olds.

What truly matters is how people actually use a word.

You can be as prescriptive as you like, but it doesn't matter if people aren't using that word to communicate that idea.

Deleted
    I wonder how many raid guilds out there are seeking new members for clearing LFR each week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    All I said was that its raiding and even at times called it the easy version of raiding. Buts its still raiding and that is my point and its backed up by blizzard.

So many people on this site and even in this thread keep pulling the Ghostclawer comment card about LFR. Blizzard just nipped it in the bud and those people don't like it clearly.
    At this point everyone is arguing over the semantics of the word raiding, like its some golden trophy that only the elite can use.

LFR is raiding (its easymode)
    NM is raiding (its organized easymode)
    World bosses are raiding (they're easymode)
    Retro sub-100 guilds that raid old content are raiding (they're easymode)

Hell, even forming a raid and killing faction leaders could be argued to be raiding of some kind.

Raiding isn't the point. Raiding, as a word, is meaningless. All that matters now are the difficulties at which content is cleared, thanks to Blizzard's chosen progression system. Raids, as the point-blank prestigious element of end-game PvE, no longer exist. The only people who have a problem with this are those with delusions of grandeur about their own skill and progression, and oldschool holdouts who refuse to accept that simply being a "raider" nowadays is largely meaningless.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Every format before the top format of it's time.
    Be that which was formerly heroic, now mythic.
    If you go by the watered down argument, then normal and heroic are also that.

And what about boosts in which someone can die and have no requirement for contribution.
    Full participation is not required in that either, so what is the point of saying that ?

If there are those who are putting in the effort, and often are better geared or skilled than its minimum requirement, then there won't be the need for that.
    I referred to mechanics such as the roll on Spine of Deathwing which was completely absent (or rather, was quickly removed) in Dragon Soul LFR. It is true though, that if you analyse it like that, Normal and Heroic are just watered down versions of Mythic, but I've always seen Mythic (the former Heroic) as the extra hard option, with extra mechanics and what not.

To me, being carried is fine in 2 situations: 1 - you are trying, but failing, and the rest of the group manages to carry your weight; 2 - you bought your way in and have the right to whatever was stablished between you and the group leader. And that's it, you can't just compare overgearing content for someone else (boost) and queuing for LFR while purposefully dying to whatever mechanic is there for you to go afk, do you remember what happened in MoP with the Sacrificial Dagger? I'd rather believe that they implemented Determination for the groups that are actually trying to down the boss as a whole than that it is for the few ones doing their part to be able to perform well enough to carry the rest of the group that is not even giving a shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Don't even say it. Don't say LFR is raiding or the terrorists win.

LFR is like...the videogame version of a sport.
    If i play FIFA 2016 i'm not playing soccer.

LFR was, is and will never be "raiding". It's auto-queue and auto-clear a dungeon that's tailored for 20 people.

At this point everyone is arguing over the semantics of the word raiding, like its some golden trophy that only the elite can use.

Hell, even forming a raid and killing faction leaders could be argued to be raiding of some kind.

Raiding isn't the point. Raiding, as a word, is meaningless. All that matters now are the difficulties at which content is cleared, thanks to Blizzard's chosen progression system. Raids, as the point-blank prestigious element of end-game PvE, no longer exist. The only people who have a problem with this are those with delusions of grandeur about their own skill and progression, and oldschool holdouts who refuse to accept that simply being a "raider" nowadays is largely meaningless.
    Well said I totally agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You can flunk Kindergarten, the same as any other grade of schooling. Since you can't even spell it, I suppose you were held back a year or 2. lol

Infracted
    So angree =(

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    It's not raiding....nice try.
    Nice argument but I think ill side with blizzard on this one.

Deleted

I disagree. As i posted earlier new players or long tiem returning players get into lfr and think its the pinnacle of wow pve. Goes gg ez and stops playing.

There is to much difference between organized raiding and lfr for it to be equal footing imo.

Its two completely different ways of playing the same content.

To me there is more difference from lfr to normal then from normal to mythic.

Simply because you dont have the "go team" feeling that you do in organized raiding.

The kind of pugs that find eachother in the manual group tool and clears normal by overgearing it extremely these days are closer to lfr. Still not quite there, but closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    LFR was, is and will never be "raiding". It's auto-queue and auto-clear a dungeon that's tailored for 20 people.
    Ummmm LFR is 25man not 20...

Let me know when all 25 people can auto-clear the raid, You know just stand at the door and afk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I disagree. As i posted earlier new players or long tiem returning players get into lfr and think its the pinnacle of wow pve. Goes gg ez and stops playing.
    Any proof of this or are you just trying to excuse the real reason on why people don't advance above LFR or NM?

You do realize that top tier playerbase has always been super small right?