Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    The issue will spawn from the definition of "hatespeech" .....a key component to describing trolling.

Allowing the authorities to define what exactly is or isnt "hatespeech" will result in overt censorship. Censorship of any voices that the guys in charge dont want spreading around the internet.

Anyone promoting this idea is clearly deluded... mainly because they will be the first people to cry when the authorities decide that their opinions are considered hatespeech and censors them! LOL

One day there will be a fierce backlash against the Left and I will not shed a tear for them.
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I'm simply tired of the nonstop complaining by the looney right wing on this site. Nonstop. When it's not PC or SJWs, it's feminists, muslims, gays, trans, left, "liberals", BLM, and whatever the fuck imaginable.

So you know what, give them their bible glory days back, where everything is so un "PC", that basically half the crimes are punishable by death, in various ways. Atleast their complaining would come to a swift end. There's the context.
    I may be a tad loony, but I'm certainly not "right". So perhaps the next time you should direct your rants at someone that fits that description. Or better yet, at someone who gives a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Not only is that a strawman, but you presume there is ANYTHING righteous, in being a dick, knowingly.
    It is righteous being a dick to stupid, annoying or cunty people. It's also entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Libel is literally that of being a dick or racist.
    Um, literally? No, it's not. Libel is using false statements with the intent of harming one's reputation. Not sure which word(s) you're confused on; "Literally", "Libel" or "Racist".

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I'm simply tired of the nonstop complaining by the looney right wing on this site. Nonstop. When it's not PC or SJWs, it's feminists, muslims, gays, trans, left, "liberals", BLM, and whatever the fuck imaginable.

So you know what, give them their bible glory days back, where everything is so un "PC", that basically half the crimes are punishable by death, in various ways. Atleast their complaining would come to a swift end. There's the context.
    As there becomes fewer and fewer forums for uncensored dialog on the topics people will increasingly be distilled to what is left. If you'd prefer to not hear these things why aren't you on one of those platforms that is completely controlled?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I'm just amazed at thread after thread about Europe showing a lack of basic human rights, such as free speech. I don't get why you guys don't over throw those monarchies, and enact a freedom based government, that doesn't allow basic human rights to be taken away by guys in funny hats.

We Americans could loan you guns if you need them to revolt. It doesn't look like it would be very hard at all, since the US provides 99% of your military security.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    As there becomes fewer and fewer forums for uncensored dialog on the topics people will increasingly be distilled to what is left. If you'd prefer to not hear these things why aren't you on one of those platforms that is completely controlled?
    Because complaining that a place is "Stormfront" is easier than going to a place that isn't "Stormfront".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    You have the freedom to say things and not get put in prison for them. You do not have freedom to incite hatred or harm against an individual. We'll see how far they take this law though.
    The important distinction is between financial damage and physical harm vs feelings. Outlawing hatred which is not based on damage(harm) would also be a free speech problem.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-19 at 07:52 PM.

It seems some people confuse freedom of speech with "allowed to say anything to anyone however I want". That's not what freedom of speech is. Freedom of speech is many things, such as your freedom to state your political views freely or criticize the policies and management of elected officials and much, much more. What it is not is things like:

- Slander - Making a false or unsupported, malicious statement (spoken or published) about somebody, especially one which is injurious to that person's reputation.
    - Insults - Yes, actually. You know, how you people that are now "defending free speech" like to go to YouTube and write about a social democratic or liberal politician how they are "a fucking cunt and a bitch".
    - Hate crime - Pretty much an insult that is about a persons race, religion gender identity or sexual orientation can be classified as a hate crime. Or you know, stuff like standing on a scene with a megaphone screaming "I think we should exterminate all black people".
    - Unlawful threats - Like how the same people as above like to write on some YouTube comment featuring Angela Merkel something like "I will find you and rape you and hit you fucking cunt, then let's see how you like that culture you are so fond of importing."
    - Molestation - Like how some of the same people as above would find some journalist who reports on a story that doesn't fit their twisted world view so they decide to send messages to this journalist, then even after said journalist has let the sender know she or he finds them disturbing and asks the sender to stop, the sender keeps sending them anyway.
    - Sexual molestation - Like how some 40 year old pervert would track down some teenage girl on Facebook, find her number and start sending her messages of his dick and asking her to fuck him for money or something like that.

These are things that are crimes in many Western liberal democracies and has been for a long time. As you can see these are mostly about stopping you from bullying other people, not restrict your freedom in any way of expressing you views on things like political ideologies, policy positions, political issues or openly criticize your government, law enforcement agencies, employer etc. It's not preventing you from criticizing your fellow citizens on their handling of certain issues or their policy positions or any such thing, all it does is protect your fellow citizens of being bullied by preventing others from lawfully doing the personal attacks listed above. Saying to your colleagues that "the boss is earning $1,000,000 a month and we are earning a starvation wage, I demand a higher wage, and so should all of you my dear colleagues, let's go out and protest and form a union!" is on the other hand a way to utilize your freedom of speech. Calling your boss a "ugly cunt that needs a fuck and belongs at the stove at home" is not.

But of course you all know this. You just want to have freedom to harass. That has never been what freedom of speech has been about, ever. Just like freedom of religion isn't about having the right to discriminate or hurt other people, or kill animals in cruel ways, based on your freely held religious beliefs. But you know this, too. But you so desperately want to rationalize some alternate reality in your twisted and hateful minds. I both fear you and pity you.
    Last edited by Zarc; 2016-08-19 at 08:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    It seems some people confuse freedom of speech with "allowed to say anything to anyone however I want". That's not what freedom of speech is. Freedom of speech is many things, such as your freedom to state your political views freely or criticize the policies and management of elected officials and much, much more. What it is not is things like:

- Slander - Making a false or unsupported, malicious statement (spoken or published) about somebody, especially one which is injurious to that person's reputation.
    - Insults - Yes, actually. You know, how you people that are now "defending free speech" like to go to YouTube and write about a social democratic or liberal politician how they are "a fucking cunt and a bitch".
    - Hate crime - Pretty much an insult that is about a persons race, religion gender identity or sexual orientation can be classified as a hate crime. Or you know, stuff like standing on a scene with a megaphone screaming "I think we should exterminate all black people".
    - Unlawful threats - Like how the same people as above like to write on some YouTube comment featuring Angela Merkel something like "I will find you and rape you and hit you fucking cunt, then let's see how you like that culture you are so fond of importing."
    - Molestation - Like how some of the same people as above would find some journalist who reports on a story that doesn't fit their twisted world view so they decide to send messages to this journalist, then even after said journalist has let the sender know she or he finds them disturbing and asks the sender to stop, the sender keeps sending them anyway.
    - Sexual molestation - Like how some 40 year old pervert would track down some teenage girl on Facebook, find her number and start sending her messages of his dick and asking her to fuck him for money or something like that.

These are things that are crimes in many Western liberal democracies and has been for a long time. As you can see these are mostly about stopping you from bullying other people, not restrict your freedom in any way of expressing you views on things like political ideologies, policy positions, political issues or openly criticize your government, law enforcement agencies, employer etc. It's not preventing you from criticizing your fellow citizens on their handling of certain issues or their policy positions or any such thing, all it does is protect your fellow citizens of being bullied by preventing others from lawfully doing the personal attacks listed above. Saying to your colleagues that "the boss is earning $1,000,000 a month and we are earning a starvation wage, I demand a higher wage, and so should all of you my dear colleagues, let's go out and protest and form a union!" is on the other hand a way to utilize your freedom of speech. Calling your boss a "ugly cunt that needs a fuck and belongs at the stove at home" is not.

But of course you all know this. You just want to have freedom to harass. That has never been what freedom of speech has been about, ever. Just like freedom of religion isn't about having the right to discriminate or hurt other people, or kill animals in cruel ways, based on your freely held religious beliefs. But you know this, too. But you so desperately want to rationalize some alternate reality in your twisted and hateful minds. I both fear you and pity you.

Everything you mentioned is already covered more concisely in my post above yours. They are physical or damage-based. The bolded is not outlawed in a free society because unlike the others it is feelings-based.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-19 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Everything you mention is already covered more concisely in my post above yours. They are physical or damaging. The bolded is not outlawed in a free society because it is feelings-based.
    I don't know about California, but Sweden certainly is a free society and it is a crime here. The word for insult and slight is the same in Swedish, don't know if there is any distinction in those two words for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Google translated from Swedish source
    Insult
    If someone writes something nasty in a message to someone and only the recipient can see it, it can not be defamatory because it does not spread to several people. If however, the message was intended to hurt the recipient's sense of self, there may be a slight. And it is also a crime.

A student writes something nasty in a message on the network to another student. For it to be an insult to the law requires that the person who wrote it knew that it would hurt the person who received it, but chose to send it anyway. It is thus required intent. An insult need not be text, it may also be contemptuous and of mean images or movies. What matters is that there is an intent and that the insult was addressed directly to the person it is about. Samira says something lousy Alice to her friend Sasha can not Samira accused of insulting because she has not said it directly to Alice.

If an offense is about a person's race, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation can be classified as a hate crime and that is something that the court looks extra seriously.

The penalty for insulting someone is usually fine (to be judged, you must be criminal responsibility, that is at least 15 years), but in exceptional cases, be imprisoned for up to six months. If the insult is a serious violation of personal privacy perpetrator can also be forced to pay damages.
    But that's a detail. I'm glad you agreed with the majority part of my post.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about California, but Sweden certainly is a free society and it is a crime here. The word for insult and slight is the same in Swedish, don't know if there is any distinction in those two words for you.
    If insults are illegal there, then Sweden isn't a free society with free expression.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-19 at 09:13 PM.

If insults are illegal there, then Sweden isn't a free society with free expression.
    As I said, insults (the legal definition of course, as I posted) is a crime, yes. And Sweden is a free society.

As I said, insults (the legal definition of course, as I posted) is a crime, yes. And Sweden is a free society.
    Those two things are incongruous.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is an English forum and its semantic does not correlate with being illegal.

If hurting peoples feelings in Sweden is outlawed without direct evidence pointing towards financial and physical harm, then no Sweden is not a free society.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-19 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    Look, if any of you don't like how Europe is so "unfree". Please don't come. Stay elsewhere having your police shoot you for scratching your nose or demanding ID just because they feel like it. It differs in many countries; parts of the EU id is mandatory, in the uk I can decline to identify myself to the point of arrest in anything other than a driving situation, a cop can ask me all manner of questions and I can take the piss out him if I want, within certain boundaries, he's pretty much fucked if he puts a hand on me unless he has reason to suspect an offence has been committed or I offer violence. (By the same token, if a cop here is restraining someone for good cause people often jump in and help out). I could if I wanted also walk up and down my street drinking what ever the fuck I wanted without a brown paper bag(exclusion areas exist in some town centres, sometimes at certain hours) and give a thumb's up to our police as I passed. If I am not being a problem there is nothing they can do.

You aren't particularly free but you get hung up on certain "freedoms" which are essentially get out of jail free cards to be cunts to each other while taking it in the ass from badly trained peons (because you're cheapskates when it comes to public sector work and paying for it) on a regular basis. I'd much rather suffer the teething problems of some small unit to tackle this sort of thing(online harassment) than live somewhere where, as a community, you stomach shit like the westboro mob. "Freedom"? really? Everybody's freedom ends where the next person's liberty begins.

I'm generally not a cunt to people and don't want people to freely be a cunt to the people I care for. I also feel, _extremely_, fucking free.
    Last edited by mmoc091e535458; 2016-08-19 at 09:42 PM.

This is an English forum and its semantic does not correlate with being illegal.
    Not sure why I detect a bit of a sinister tone here, I was just trying to ensure nothing was lost in translation by pointing out that the word I used to describe what is a crime in Sweden could be translated to either insult or slight, in case those carried different meanings to you, like either being more severe than the other or something. But I will read into your answer that that is not the case, they are the same to you and you feel it's weird that that would be a crime, gotcha.

If hurting peoples feelings in Sweden is outlawed without direct evidence pointing towards financial and physical harm, then no Sweden is not a free society.
    People who I dare say are more credible than you on the issue beg to differ: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedo..._world_map.png

Maybe you should call them and tell them that the definition of a free society is that somebody sending a mean message directly to another person with the intent to hurt the feelings of said person can not be a crime with a fine as the legal ramifications of said crime. Apparently they didn't know!

Freedom of speech is not freedom to harass, sorry.
    Last edited by Zarc; 2016-08-19 at 10:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Look, if any of you don't like how Europe is so "unfree". Please don't come. Stay elsewhere having your police shoot you for scratching your nose or demanding ID just because they feel like it. It differs in many countries; parts of the EU id is mandatory, in the uk I can decline to identify myself to the point of arrest in anything other than a driving situation, a cop can ask me all manner of questions and I can take the piss out him if I want, within certain boundaries, he's pretty much fucked if he puts a hand on me unless he has reason to suspect an offence has been committed or I offer violence. (By the same token, if a cop here is restraining someone for good cause people often jump in and help out). I could if I wanted also walk up and down my street drinking what ever the fuck I wanted without a brown paper bag(exclusion areas exist in some town centres, sometimes at certain hours) and give a thumb's up to our police as I passed. If I am not being a problem there is nothing they can do.

Switching the subject is a sign of a weak argument. If you dont like free speech policy, attack the policy based on universal logic.

Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    You aren't particularly free but you get hung up on certain "freedoms" which are essentially get out of jail free cards to be cunts to each other while taking it in the ass from badly trained peons (because you're cheapskates when it comes to public sector work and paying for it) on a regular basis. I'd much rather suffer the teething problems of some small unit to tackle this sort of thing(online harassment) than live somewhere where, as a community, you stomach shit like the westboro mob. "Freedom"? really? Everybody's freedom ends where the next person's liberty begins.

I'm generally not a cunt to people and don't want people to freely be a cunt to the people I care for. I also feel, _extremely_, fucking free.
    Thinking you should throw people you think are cunts in jail is unethical and authoritarian.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-19 at 10:16 PM.

Thinking you should throw people you think are cunts in jail is unethical and authoritarian.
    Who said anything about jail? We're talking about a small fine here. Because we have freedom of speech and freedom from harassment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who said anything about jail? We're talking about a small fine here. Because we have freedom of speech and freedom from harassment.
    Fining people for hurting feelings is unethical. For example, lets say somebody on Tumblr says "I hate cis white men they are trash". That may be hateful speech but they should be 100% free to express their views. The best way to counter them is through forming arguments and presenting facts, not by making them pay a fine or jailing them.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-19 at 10:13 PM.

It would be better to remove people who are sensitive from the internet, or provide them with their own safe space private servers.

Heard its the same in London the mayor is cracking down on anything negative about islam/muslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.