Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    "But wait, there's more! No less than eleven World Bosses."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEDX_1QkCik
    I'm trying and failing to find where this is considered a world raid boss? The Journal sure doesn't list it as one.

Ok, good to know.
    I rate this shitpost 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Sunaka View Post
    I'm trying and failing to find where this is considered a world raid boss? The Journal sure doesn't list it as one.
    Not only is it not a world boss... it's not even in the "world".
    It's a huge mob only accessible in the demon hunter starting area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Apparently Ion confirmed NH for January in the stream (according to someone here, didn't watch the stream yet). That's where I'm taking the January from.
    He said "Really early 2017". Which sounds more like January than anything else. Also, he said they though BRF came too soon, which was I think 2 months after HM? So if NH comes early January that would be 3 - 3 1/2 months after EN, which would make sense.

They just bought two extra months on 'X months of no new content' (X-2)

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    He said "Really early 2017". Which sounds more like January than anything else. Also, he said they though BRF came too soon, which was I think 2 months after HM? So if NH comes early January that would be 3 - 3 1/2 months after EN, which would make sense.
    Thanks

HM came out the 2nd of december and brf came out the 3rd of february so yeah, 2 months after.

After listening a bit of the stream, he did say that "more info to come about the stormheim raid" when asked about the difficulties (if it's going to be like a regular raid) so my guess (total guess, nothing official) is it's going to be a one difficulty/weekly type of raid (kinda like the winterspring/tol barad ones) with loots not too high above EN.

So EN in late september => stormheim maybe in november/december and then NH in January with the really high ilvl + tier 19 sets.

That's just my thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

which to me sounds about right : you will be able to do mythic + / world quests / karazhan / EN / stormheim raid to gear up before NH is released.

Imo the stormheim raid and the karazhan dungeon will be there to help the guilds clearing EN so they can move on to NH without feeling like they didn't have the time. (the main complaint of BRF schedule)

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    While I am dissapointed that they are delaying nighthold and putting this Stormheim raid in between, I will save my thoughts until I see the Stormheim raid and if it will be enough to hold my guild over.
    It's really ridiculous they are stretching it out that much. Remember when the whole first raid tier was available from day one of the expansion? I'm fine with them delaying raids for a week or two so people don't need to rush to max level, but 4-5 months is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say Nighthold is delayed it is more likely on schedule as it was pretty obvious it was coming out in 2017.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Fact is they can't produce raids faster than we can consume them. THey should stagger the release like this so I am left with only 1-2 months of repeat stuff in between content launches vs 14 months at the end of every expansion.
    Oh, they could totally do it, but they'd have to remove different modes and re-add proper attunements like Burning Crusade again. PEOPLE WOULD BITCH.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    After listening a bit of the stream, he did say that "more info to come about the stormheim raid" when asked about the difficulties (if it's going to be like a regular raid) so my guess (total guess, nothing official) is it's going to be a one difficulty/weekly type of raid (kinda like the winterspring/tol barad ones) with loots not too high above EN.
    Thinking about it, maybe since this is a small raid they try to reimplement some of the old Hardmode/Elite Mode (council fight in Terrace), so we get more versions of the same boss that differ and are harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I wouldn't say Nighthold is delayed it is more likely on schedule as it was pretty obvious it was coming out in 2017.
    It is delayed, as in, it's a raid intended for the first raid tier and it's intentionally delayed by a couple of months to stretch the content out just like they did with BRF.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I think it's a fantastic decision and would be folly to have it come out sooner. If you want content to hold you over, then it has to be released gradually overtime or else that first raid might as well not exist and the miniraid wouldn't exist at all.
    Or they could have made the gear even between the EN and NH and released them slightly staggered. The whole nonsense with BRF where they tried to act like it was another tier is just stupid. WotLK had 3 raids on release all open at once. BC had 5 raids on release(3 of which were the second tier). All they are trying to do is "look we gave you more content" when it was actually less.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    I don't mind this given Ion Hazzikostas reasons for delaying it. I did mythic raiding in Highmaul (not hardcore but semi-hc) and we didnt finish Highmaul mythic and just fucked that and went to BRF heroic instantly instead. That's not how it should be and i think this will help with that certain problem.
    In previous expansions like WotLK people still raided the previous tier when the new tier came out. These aren't even different tiers.

Let's not sensationalise it though. 2017 is only ~5 months after the release of Legion, which isn't exactly an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Oh, they could totally do it, but they'd have to remove different modes and re-add proper attunements like Burning Crusade again. PEOPLE WOULD BITCH.
    Well in the end you end up with the same number of raids with some sorta gating. Either super artificial attumnements or different difficulties to go through till you can attempt the harder stuff.

I will however, fondly remember the onyxia attunements from vanilla and draging that one boss to Org for funsies. Actually dragging big baddies to org was always one of my favorite things to do. My crowing achievement was the one guy in Cata in feralas. That took the better part of 50 attempts and when successful like 2 and a half hours. He laid waste to ORG though so it was worth it.

Edit: Shandris Feathermoon was the name!
    Last edited by Hexxidecimal; 2016-08-19 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    It is delayed, as in, it's a raid intended for the first raid tier and it's intentionally delayed by a couple of months to stretch the content out just like they did with BRF.
    That isn't a delay though, when the original intent was for it come out later like BRF. Nightmare comes out & 4-5 months later Nighthold comes out & that lines up with Jan/Feb.

People think this is a delay but it isn't, this is how it was expected to be. The small Stormheim story wrapup raid will most likely not effect that either.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2016-08-19 at 10:12 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    That isn't a delay though.
    It is. Learn some english.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/delay

Simple Definition of delay
    : a situation in which something happens later than it should
    : the amount of time that you must wait for something that is late
    Simple Definition of delay
    : to wait until later to do something : to make something happen later
    : to make (something or someone) late : to make (something or someone) take longer than expected or planned

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaduce View Post
    4-5 months post Emerald Nightmare, sounds right to me.
    How does that sound right? They said that raid tiers should last around five months. Emerald Nightmare is NOT a tier, Emerald Nightmare AND Nighthold are a tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    But is it really a delay when everyone knows it will not be coming later & not having it's date changed, but it's intended date is 2017. We are talking gaming terms so if you want to call this a delay go ahead. But those who have used their brains never expected it to be at Legion launch. But if you want to believe it did that is alright .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    EN + stormheimraid + NH = 1 Tier not 3 Tiers or 2 they said 1 raid = 4 months ~ 5 months the Stormheimraid is just a Bonus because of whiners saying not enough content which is right after hfc there was nothing. I think 17 ~ 20 Raid bosses are enough 20 becuase 7 in EN and 10 in NH und the Stormheimraid is not more then 3 because he said today small raid small is 3 or lesser.

Oh and dont forget all who think they could be bored of there is nothing to do you have sooooo much to do in the first 3 Months that you wil wont ask for more 7.1 is released somewhere between End of Oct. ~ End of November.
    I don't remember about people whining about not enough content for the start of Legion, but the extra raid is nice & will keep us occupied for along time even into Nighthold progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    EN + stormheimraid + NH = 1 Tier not 3 Tiers or 2 they said 1 raid = 4 months ~ 5 months the Stormheimraid is just a Bonus because of whiners saying not enough content which is right after hfc there was nothing. I think 17 ~ 20 Raid bosses are enough 20 becuase 7 in EN and 10 in NH und the Stormheimraid is not more then 3 because he said today small raid small is 3 or lesser.
    They said raid tiers should be 4-5 months, not individual raids. And as you said, EN, Stormheim and NH are all one tier. That being said, if EN comes out around a month after Legion's launch, then Blizzard's maximum ideal end of the raid tier would end in February 2017, but if they start Nighthold in early 2017, this obviously fucks up the entire schedule.

Deleted
    If your guild can't handle 3 months of a single raid with a small raid inbetween your guild is shit.