Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

- - - Updated - - -

Reviews are in today: http://opencritic.com/game/1812/deus-ex-mankind-divided

So hyped!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hyped, but I'm not pre-ordering!

Instead I'll buy it when I'm first able to play

I intend to play through HR at some point this weekend, which I haven't done for a long time.

Hate when games come out in the summer. I'm still a bit caught up in summertime shenanigans, so I may not pick this up right away. And then of course Legion comes out the week after. Uuugh, this might not be something I play until later into the Fall or Winter.

Looks like reviews are mostly positive with one of the biggest negatives being the story/ending. I'm okay with that though. I didn't really think the last game had an amazing story either, but still thought it was a really good game.

It also sounds like it's shorter than people expected, 20-25 hours at most with all side quests. I played the last one twice though and I was expecting to do the same with this one, especially since it has new game plus.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Looks like reviews are mostly positive with one of the biggest negatives being the story/ending. I'm okay with that though. I didn't really think the last game had an amazing story either, but still thought it was a really good game.

It also sounds like it's shorter than people expected, 20-25 hours at most with all side quests. I played the last one twice though and I was expecting to do the same with this one, especially since it has new game plus.
    That's kinda disappointing. I didn't think the story was that bad in the previous game and was hoping for something better, not equal if not worse.

And ugh only 25 hours...

the animations of the characters appears jarring not the worst thing but it just makes listening to characters talking to you in cut scenes fell less emersive

Saw a couple negative steam reviews about Micro transactions being in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Saw a couple negative steam reviews about Micro transactions being in the game.
    Day 1 steam reviews are about as accurate as rotten tomatoes.
    I saw around a dozen negative reviews with 5 minutes of playtime that were all "game crashers I can't play".
    Damn. What a nice reason to rate the game negatively in the first 5 mins of its launch.

Let's be clear; Microtransactions have no place in an AAA (priced) game. This is another stupid example of doubledipping.

That said, please review the game....

the micro transactions are pretty meh anyways people wont spend money on credits for a 25 hour game...atleast i hope they dont because that would be dumb

Deleted
    Deus Ex, Humanity diversified.

Human revolution brought back hope for proper Deus Ex game (not as good as original, but so damn close..). But this game.. is just confusing to say the least. It's like the story was written long ago but, but guys from "PR dept." in last ditch effort put in very akward and honestly.. funny sometimes politically correct choices. There are moments where I can bet that even die hard LGTB member will cringe. Sigh...

Gameplay is awesome. Visuals are great. Main story is really well thought out. All that creates amazing setting. The mentioned very forced political correctness will "slap you out" from RP pov though - and depends on your choices it may be very often...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    I saw around a dozen negative reviews with 5 minutes of playtime that were all "game crashers I can't play".
    Damn. What a nice reason to rate the game negatively in the first 5 mins of its launch.
    Rating a game because a full priced triple A game has micro-transactions is a very legit concern for most people. I won't give a negative review to the game since now I know it has micro-transactions. They are a major put off for most people. Am I completely against them? No, I've spent more on Pokemon Go over the past month then I have any other game before, but thats a free game, we are talking about a $60 game here. So no, rating it down isn't a bad reason, it's simply preference and those reviews WILL put people off the game.

I have a hard time thinking of a better reason to rate a game negatively than literally not being able to play it because it doesn't work.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    That's a pretty valid reason actually. Product not fit for use is a serious offence.

Be warned about the pre-order DLC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...re_singlesave/

Mankind Divided Preorder Bonuses are single-save, single-use items
    With that said can someone buy this and enjoy it without playing any other Deus Ex?

Edit: Also I just remembered I got the last one for PC so I guess I should play that first right.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-24 at 10:34 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Someone doesnt know how rotten tomatoes works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    With that said can someone buy this and enjoy it without playing any other Deus Ex?

Edit: Also I just remembered I got the last one for PC so I guess I should play that first right.
    There are choices in HR that will give you a wider perspective on the story and the world it takes place in but their using a single-choice canon so everything you'll need to know will be summed up at the start of MD. There are a few characters in HR that are from the original but they did a good job of explaining how you knew them through the dialogue so MD will probably handle that well too.

It's worth playing just because it's a good game though.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    There are choices in HR that will give you a wider perspective on the story and the world it takes place in but their using a single-choice canon so everything you'll need to know will be summed up at the start of MD. There are a few characters in HR that are from the original but they did a good job of explaining how you knew them through the dialogue so MD will probably handle that well too.

It's worth playing just because it's a good game though.
    I'm giving it a go but I remember why I stopped playing it. I just outright hate the cover system, it feel so broken compared to other games. I really hope the cover system in MD is better.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoyed what I played of it last night. Playing it on console felt weird and my aiming was not great, but i was happy with the level design of the first area and the first city area is pretty damn big. There are a lot of nice little touches and I feel like a lot of the area is filled with fun things to look at, such as some movie posters in the subway for some rad looking films. Before I quit for the night I did check out the "Store" and was a little disgusted to see Praxis Kits on sale for Cash...maybe a little extra displeased because I hadn't found a vendor to sell them in game yet.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

I've been watching some PS4 streams of this, and I'm surprised by some of the poor graphical quality that I've seen, particularly the character models and to a lesser extent the buildings.