Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtbrig7390 View Post
    you can't judge all indie games based off one bad one. If you could then all aaa games are shit because of ubisoft. There is many aaa games not worth $60 and many indie games that is worth $60.

So saying indie games shouldn't be $60 is bs.
    Indie games shouldn't be 60$.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    Indie games shouldn't be 60$.
    Now give a logical reason as to why they shouldn't be.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    What's your logical reason that FFXV shouldn't cost $90 with the season pass? I'm just curious why you're up in arms about that statement but get so tangled up in the XV thread that you have to pay an extra $30 if you want post launch content in the game.

I mean surely your logic should be anyone should charge what they think their product is worth with taking a stand like this right?

Deleted
    because they don't have 200 people working on the game who all need to get paid.
    because they don't have good service
    because they are for the most part unproven yet.
    because they don't hire actors/voice actors etc.

etc. etc. you get my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What's your logical reason that FFXV shouldn't cost $90 with the season pass? I'm just curious why you're up in arms about that statement but get so tangled up in the XV thread that you have to pay an extra $30 if you want post launch content in the game.

I mean surely your logic should be anyone should charge what they think their product is worth with taking a stand like this right?
    They can charge whatever they wish for FFXV (Just like HG can charge $60 for there game). Doesn't mean I have to like it, But they have just as much right to charge whatever they wish as anyone else.

You got proven wrong about the Gamestop return policy and now your trying to be smart. Like I said everyone has the right to charge as much for there product as they wish and I have the right to not buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

because they don't have 200 people working on the game who all need to get paid.

None of those define the price tag of games. So once again give me a logical reason why someone can't charge $60 for THERE game.

Why is it ok for Ubisoft to charge $60+Season pass each year (Besides this year) for the same game with a new coat of pant. But it isn't ok for someone else to charge $60 for there title.

I don't think u know how Free Market works.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

They can charge whatever they wish for FFXV (Just like HG can charge $60 for there game). Doesn't mean I have to like it, But they have just as much right to charge whatever they wish as anyone else.
    So surely you're going to go defend the price in the XV thread now? Good stuff, look forward to reading your post.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it ok for Ubisoft to charge $60+Season pass each year (Besides this year) for the same game with a new coat of pant. But it isn't ok for someone else to charge $60 for there title.
    You referring to the Assassins Creed Unity season pass which was free? Or the Assassins Creed Syndicate season pass which had more hours of meaningful content in it then No Man's Sky for less then half the price?

So surely you're going to go defend the price in the XV thread now? Good stuff, look forward to reading your post.

- - - Updated - - -

You referring to the Assassins Creed Unity season pass which was free? Or the Assassins Creed Syndicate season pass which had more hours of meaningful content in it then No Man's Sky for less then half the price?
    Only reason unity's went free (They was charging at the start if you recall) was because the game was a massive broken mess on all platforms.

Yes I will defend Square Enix's right to charge $90 for there game because it is there game. I even stated as much in the FFXV thread, Doesn't mean I have to like it.

You don't have to like NMS is $60 and that's fine. My problem is when people think its ok to tell others what they can sell there product for.

Don't like the price don't buy it, I don't like the FFXV price so ill wait for a complete version or a huge price cut.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to shift fault away from shitty return-policies, but this is why you shouldn't pre-order games.

basically... they aren't a AAA game, so they don't have to recoup the expenses and budget for a AAA game.

The only reason an "indie" game could begin to justify a $40-60+ pricetag, imo... is when the game itself is targetted to a VERY specific and small niche audience which cripples sales potential, so the cost has to be increased to offset that.

such as a game whose core themes mandate an AO rating or something aimed at professional/organizational use instead of personal. I can't think of any instances of games that would qualify this though, indie or otherwise.

Only reason unity's went free (They was charging at the start if you recall) was because the game was a massive broken mess on all platforms.
    Which is the exact case here and what is hello games giving you for their $60 broken game filled with lies and false marketing? Ubisoft responded by giving out the season pass(which btw had an excellent 6 hour expansion called Dead Kings in it) for free. They responded the next year by giving a really solid and polished game in Syndicate that had some of the best DLC in recent years only really topped by Witcher 3. The Jack the Ripper and Last Maharaja expansions where both excellent.

Meanwhile you're defending a company selling a buggy indy game for $60 and do nothing for the consumers who bought it. Ubisoft atoned for the Unity mess in a big way- which is why I brought up that it was free.

Which is the exact case here and what is hello games giving you for their $60 broken game filled with lies and false marketing? Ubisoft responded by giving out the season pass(which btw had an excellent 6 hour expansion called Dead Kings in it) for free. They responded the next year by giving a really solid and polished game in Syndicate that had some of the best DLC in recent years only really topped by Witcher 3. The Jack the Ripper and Last Maharaja expansions where both excellent.

Meanwhile you're defending a company selling a buggy indy game for $60 and do nothing for the consumers who bought it. Ubisoft atoned for the Unity mess in a big way- which is why I brought up that it was free.
    Only thing HG did I am defending is there choice of the price. If they want to sell the game for $60 then fine. If you release a shit game people should be able to refund it. I even stated in the NMS thread that people should be allowed to get a refund on it.

The game is shit and they lied, they still got the right to charge $60 for there pile of shit. No I am not going to defend consumers because they need to be smart consumers and wait.

This is 2016 if you are a uninformed buyer then its your fault no one else. There was a leaked copy just two weeks before its release and people could have canceled there pre-order based of the info they got there.

Here is a idea.....DON'T FUCKEN PRE-ORDER GAMES. The only time I can ok a pre-order is if A) You give no fucks and accept the risk or B) its a collector edition of some type. If your blindly pre-order then its your own fault.

I say this as someone who has been in that spot and learned from that experience. Defending there choice on price isn't defending the game, Its defending there right to price a product however they see fit.

If Square Enix wants to sell Kingdom Hearts 3 for $900 and its in 3 episodes then that is there choice. It is my right to not like it and not buy it.

No Man's Sky is the very definition of false advertising. Developers were clearly describing major features in adverts and developer interviews that are absent in the game. Like for example possibility to find another player in the universe. The game does not even transmit player location information to the server. There is no way that it is possible to meet someone without uploading or recieving information of your locations. It is basically an off line, single player game in it's core. It would be sooo easy to sue developers for false advertising, it is actually ridiculous. Many companies, like Danone for example, have been successfully sued for less.

Deleted

You got proven wrong about the Gamestop return policy and now your trying to be smart. Like I said everyone has the right to charge as much for there product as they wish and I have the right to not buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

None of those define the price tag of games. So once again give me a logical reason why someone can't charge $60 for THERE game.

I don't think u know how Free Market works.
    lol you are a joke.

not continuing to waste my time on you. good day

lol you are a joke.

not continuing to waste my time on you. good day
    Comments like yours is how people know they have won the argument and you have lost.

Thanks for playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much useless banter here.

I thought about buying No Mans Sky. I've learned my lesson buying this games before they launch and watching people play them (Looking at you The Division).

I didn't buy No Man's Sky. Almost bought it 4 or 5 times and talked myself out of it each time because I wanted to wait to watch people play it.

I waited, watched people play it, decided it looked like a waste of time and saved myself $60.

If you spent money on the game due to the promises of the company that is your fault. Do you believe Donald Trump is seriously going to make America great again too? Shouldn't believe everything you hear and read.

You spent money on a game. Sorry for your loss of money and for feeling that you've been misled but you do not deserve a refund. Doesn't matter what system you play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    You spent money on a game. Sorry for your loss of money and for feeling that you've been misled but you do not deserve a refund. Doesn't matter what system you play on.
    I disagree with this statement.

Because I feel when a company outright lies to you (Hello Games) they should be forced to provide refunds. It wasn't as simple as misleading someone, they outright false advertised.

Now if lets say you bought a game and you just didn't like it (Like The Division) that is one thing. But when a company False advertises there game then they should be forced to refund it.

15+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts are stop buying western games. Especially western indie games. There, you won't need to refund garbage anymore.

I disagree with this statement.

Because I feel when a company outright lies to you (Hello Games) they should be forced to provide refunds. It wasn't as simple as misleading someone, they outright false advertised.

Now if lets say you bought a game and you just didn't like it (Like The Division) that is one thing. But when a company False advertises there game then they should be forced to refund it.
    It's not like the lies are the only issue. The game is flat out broken and many systems will insta crash the game if you try to warp to them. People have had to delete saves as they got stuck inside a planet with no way out- even killing them self just respawned them inside the planet.

Consoles never used to need a refund service like steam as buggy messes like this would never pass certification. Sony, MS and Nintendo all need to get back on the ball with that and stop allowing shoddy coded games to release on their systems- or otherwise provide a refund service as you're no longer guaranteeing the games work properly on your systems.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    and THIS is why on games like this i hold off about a week or two
    Yep, I was all aboard the hype train for NMS, but I have had one too many derailments to pull the trigger on the second the game goes live. Glad I waited. I will buy NMS when it's 20 bucks.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Not to shift fault away from shitty return-policies, but this is why you shouldn't pre-order games.
    Not much more can be said than this.