Poll: Thoughts on Mythic Only Dungeons

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Question Do you want Mythic or Mythic+ Only dungeons?

Simple question, does the implementation of mythic only or possibly mythic+ only appeal to you? So far, in Legion, both Suramar and Kara dungeon will be mythic, each with a 1 week lockout.

Thoughts

edit: Poll up.
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2016-08-19 at 10:37 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the Suramar dungeons are mythic and mythic + and not on a weekly lockout

No, it's dumb. 5 mans on a weekly lockout - come on. It's nonsense. Let raids be raids. They're just screwing with the appeal of 5 man gameplay with that kind of stuff. Taking 5 mans off of LFD is equally silly.

Deleted
    Nope.

IMO they should make heroic versions too, even if there would not be better gear available there than "tier 1" dungeons which came with expansion launch. Just to make sure people would see the "story".

Edit: i mean, i understand that line:
    When ZA and ZG were introduced, they gave better loot than the older dungeons, so people went from running a diverse set of dungeons to running just the troll dungeons.
    but why they could not just put them (heroic versions) into the same "pool"? Let mythic and mythic+ have better rewards than previous mythic dungeons for all i care. Heroic dungeons in legion seem already to be cesspool for my kind, so what does it matter to have new dungeons available as "lesser" versions for all? I'm quite sure they could split karazhan 9-boss dungeon into 2 for heroic version (just like LFR wings) and let mythic and mythic+ stay as they are.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-08-19 at 10:56 PM.

Too bad they are implementing that kind stuff when most of the guild community and server are dead.
    Would have been fun if it was during BC and Wrath.

I see "Mythic only" as a way for Blizzard to make a dungeon that is designed around one level of challenge, and I love that.

I'm not saying this from an elitist standpoint, but a sensible game standpoint: difficulty modes actively take the sense of adventure and progression out of the game. Having something just hard enough to test your playerbase and serve as a way to progress without the pressure of large-scale raiding is exactly what WoW needs. Stop giving people their comfort zones by making difficulty levels, make people have to work together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Simple question, does the implementation of mythic only or possibly mythic+ only appeal to you? So far, in Legion, both Suramar and Kara dungeon will be mythic, each with a 1 week lockout.

Thoughts

nope i think that end game should be available to everyone with various difficulties, but what the guy in the q&a say only confirm what i always know, blizzard is doing this because lfg and lfr are too much popular and are killing out bottom/middle ladder guilds (and this is also why many players in the forum are extremely salty about it).
    Blizzard is putting guilds on life emergency support with those moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I see "Mythic only" as a way for Blizzard to make a dungeon that is designed around one level of challenge, and I love that.

I'm not saying this from an elitist standpoint, but a sensible game standpoint: difficulty modes actively take the sense of adventure and progression out of the game. Having something just hard enough to test your playerbase and serve as a way to progress without the pressure of large-scale raiding is exactly what WoW needs. Stop giving people their comfort zones by making difficulty levels, make people have to work together.
    I don't think that works anymore, really. For me personally, making dungeons mythic only just means that i'm not simply doing it. And again, this is not whine about rewards, more of seeing the actual story. Did they not made LFR for this reason, to let noobs like me see the full story? (not counting mythic only raidbosses naturally) Let mythic players enjoy their better loot and brag away, it's weird to force me to "step up" just to see what happens to ie. some npc i did some normal quests for.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-08-19 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post

difficulties only give each it's own are the dumb retard who try to farm everything that ruin the game for everyone but they are also the most vocal and blizzard avoid putting restriction on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I don't think that works anymore, really. For me personally, it just means that i'm not doing it. And again, this is not whine about rewards, more of seeing the actual story. Did they not bring LFR in for this reason, to let noobs like me see the full story? (not counting mythic only raidbosses naturally) Let mythic players enjoy their better loot and brag away, it's weird to force me to "step up" just to see what happens to ie. some npc i did some normal quests for.
    That doesn't mean you won't do it. That means you'll do it at a much later date. And perhaps the game will be better off because of it.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm a solo player and I hate pugs, but I can realistically look at a situation and see that a game actually feeling like there's a chance of failure is better than a game that holds its players hands and awards people for simply participating. There should be content that makes me or anyone else actually want to participate in some challenging stuff in the game. A MMORPG providing you with a challenge should not be seen as a design flaw.

I loved bigger dungeons back in the day and it's just not realistic to make a big dungeon like BRD, maraudon in the LFD random group.

Like LFD destroyed the whole magic of those old dungeons with cutting it up in wings.

So yeh, they don't need to make every dungeon mythic, but those who are supposed to take more than 1-2h can stay mythic. Getting a group together shouldn't be too hard if you are in a guild or you have a friend list.

Deleted
    the whole point of the difficulties is that there are harder dungeons for those that want them and easier dungeons for those that need them.
    Everyone can see the content, thats the main point.
    You will never get a mythic only raid or dungeon, ever.

I point you to wildstar to see what happens when you make content for the hardcore only.

A point for me is, I want to see the lore of the game, and dont want it gated.
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

No there should be at lease heroic versions of each dungeon.

Highly annoying that Kara is going to be Mythic Dungeon only.

- - - Updated - - -

A point for me is, I want to see the lore of the game, and dont want it gated.
    That's the other half of it. Small bits like a extra phase on a boss is one thing, but full dungeons is another.

Once again looking at kara.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    bads gonna be in tears about Kara 5man being mythic only and requiring a self made group, but maybe they just need to learn to play and not expect to kill everything straight away. It's not a bad thing if the Kara dungeon takes 2+ lockouts to complete. You have to accept it as a challenging progression path the pinnacle of small group content.

..I'm glad they are finally noticing that they needs end game 5man content that is challenging enough to last longer than a heroic dungeon.

I am so looking forward to playing Legion now. I'll still raid but just not interested in it like I used to be, but the idea of getting a few old WoW buddies together for night in a dungeon doing something that feels challenging/worthwhile. That is what is missed in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with it, but I can understand some of the concerns. Since both Suramar dungeons and also Kara will be Mythic only, I would say let's see how this goes and then decide whether to continue this line of progression or not.

If they removed all queueable content I'd be happy with that.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    If they removed all queueable content I'd be happy with that.
    Ya I bet you would, That would only kill the game.

If you don't think removing all queueable content wouldn't kill and I do mean KILL WoW then your foolish.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I love this, it makes the social aspect of the game a lot better since it makes more casual people try and communicate to form groups

Thoughts

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be like a 5 man raid basically, You know how everybody was complaining about not having any 5 man content, then they give you more 5 man content and the same ppl that wanted that content complain about it