Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    And i'm sure that making topics with no real use outside of just stroking you'r kbd's is very useful thing.

Blizzard isn't a fan of anything.
    Stop stating opinions like they are facts.

The only real fact here is Garrosh isn't a warchief and this topic is useless.
    Then remove yourself from it. Simple as that...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He caused it, how didnt he anticipate it.
    Basically us freeing Gul'dan and him capturing a few of our soldiers and Cordanna giving him help kinda screwed us over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Garrosh as Warchief with the players backing him, would be a force to reckon with.

The Alliance and Horde as they are now, are so weak. From surviving all these battles and having nothing to show for it. We brought ourselves to the Broken Isles, but with say Garrosh as Warchief, we'd probably have brought weapons of mass destruction. And blew the hell out of that island.
    With Garrosh as warchief, all of the Horde Leaders would probably be dead and we'd probably still have Varian.

If Varian called a retreat, Garrosh would probably laugh and talk about Horde/Orc superiority and his army would have been wiped out.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    did people forget that garrosh fight side by side with the alliance against the lichking and deathwing?

one can argue that he was trying to do shit stuff to them, but he was focusing on bigger threats to care for the alliance

Then remove yourself from it. Simple as that...
    How about no?

Again stop stroking in useless topic.

If Garrosh was still warchief, the Legion invasion would of never happened.
    Processor (CPU) - Intel Corei7 Six Core Processor i7-6850K (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
    Memory (RAM) - 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)
    8TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5900RPM, 64MB CACHE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    did people forget that garrosh fight side by side with the alliance against the lichking and deathwing?

one can argue that he was trying to do shit stuff to them, but he was focusing on bigger threats to care for the alliance
    Garrosh never did either of those things. During the Northrend campaign, he hung out in Warsong Hold. He traveled to Dalaran before Ulduar but ended up simply attacking Varian. Then he went to Icecrown and called Varian names. Then he went to ICC and hung out in the lobby. Didn't do a thing to actually fight the Lich King.

In Cata he never fought against Deathwing. In fact, during the Horde Twilight Highlands intro, instead of continuing on with his mission, he decided to attack an Alliance naval fleet unprovoked. After that, I'm pretty sure he (and Varian, to be fair) were 100% absent from the attack on Wyrmrest and the death of Deathwing. Again, at that point he was more focused on attacking the Alliance whenever he could.

He did the opposite of what you said. He never focused on the bigger threats to care for the Alliance. He completely IGNORED the larger threats to go out of his way and attack the Alliance. Remember questing in Icecrown? The Horde army that ambushed the Alliance while they were fighting Scourge and got wiped out by the Scourge too? That's what Garrosh was all about.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then why send someone who you felt was gonna betray you? I have a feeling that Gul'dan either being mortal still, or something was important to get him to Azeroth(though I still haven't read anything about how he got to Azeroth). Maybe the seals are anti demons or something.
    Sometimes you have to take risks to succeed. Gul'dan could have sped their plans up by decades. I'm just saying that the plan was not spur of the moment. Kil'Jaden had several plans in mind long before we stepped foot on Dreanor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering that when he attacked ashen vale he had to be dragged out of the battle for his unwillingness to retreat, i think we would be dead. But garrosh is a great tactician/strategist, so he wouldn't probably focus all his efforts on the ridge. But still , he is a hot headed person, he would not retreat and we would probably die. And he would porbably fight the alliance somehow too.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    If Garrosh had survived, we'd have an Old God corrupted Horde versus the Burning Legion. Which, I'm not gonna lie, would be totally awesome and rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    With Garrosh as warchief, all of the Horde Leaders would probably be dead and we'd probably still have Varian.

If Varian called a retreat, Garrosh would probably laugh and talk about Horde/Orc superiority and his army would have been wiped out.
    You think Varian would still be alive and that Garrosh wouldn't have an army of supermutants and artillery of super powerful weapons? It wouldn't just be Garrosh on the beach with 20 random soldiers like we just had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Sometimes you have to take risks to succeed. Gul'dan could have sped their plans up by decades. I'm just saying that the plan was not spur of the moment. Kil'Jaden had several plans in mind long before we stepped foot on Dreanor.
    You can't really say he had several plans, since last we saw of him, he got flushed down a toilet. Couple dreadlords attempted some stuff, none of them succeeded and were smart enough to go to the broken shore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir84 View Post
    Garrosh never did either of those things. During the Northrend campaign, he hung out in Warsong Hold. He traveled to Dalaran before Ulduar but ended up simply attacking Varian. Then he went to Icecrown and called Varian names. Then he went to ICC and hung out in the lobby. Didn't do a thing to actually fight the Lich King.

In Cata he never fought against Deathwing. In fact, during the Horde Twilight Highlands intro, instead of continuing on with his mission, he decided to attack an Alliance naval fleet unprovoked. After that, I'm pretty sure he (and Varian, to be fair) were 100% absent from the attack on Wyrmrest and the death of Deathwing. Again, at that point he was more focused on attacking the Alliance whenever he could.

He did the opposite of what you said. He never focused on the bigger threats to care for the Alliance. He completely IGNORED the larger threats to go out of his way and attack the Alliance. Remember questing in Icecrown? The Horde army that ambushed the Alliance while they were fighting Scourge and got wiped out by the Scourge too? That's what Garrosh was all about.
    I encourage you to not base your lore knowledge on in game events and cinematics only. Lion part of Garrosh story is in the books. You would be surprised how good he was at strategy games.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    If Garrosh had survived, we'd have an Old God corrupted Horde versus the Burning Legion. Which, I'm not gonna lie, would be totally awesome and rad.
    And Old Gods are the best buffers! If we can do it, while fighting each other. Then one faction, souped up on Old God juice most certainly can.

Imagining Garrosh leading a Horde with the Mantid, Nerubians and Qiraji backing him would be a really cool elseworld to see.

- - - Updated - - -

By that logic, Varian didn't exist until WotLK and he didn't kill Onyxia, because we did in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh never did either of those things.
    "The Shattering" begs to differ. Quit pretending gameplay overrides written lore.

Remember questing in Icecrown? The Horde army that ambushed the Alliance while they were fighting Scourge and got wiped out by the Scourge too? That's what Garrosh was all about.
    I remember Garrosh's short story "Heart of War" showing him reprimanding Blackscar for ambushing the Alliance in Icecrown.

Read the lore and try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Old Gods are the best buffers! If we can do it, while fighting each other. Then one faction, souped up on Old God juice most certainly can.

Imagining Garrosh leading a Horde with the Mantid, Nerubians and Qiraji backing him would be a really cool elseworld to see.
    Stop. Please. My penis can only become so erect.

I'm actually hoping really strongly for N'Zoth and his servants to team up with the Alliance and the Horde to fight the Legion. It makes total sense that N'Zoth would want to preserve the world so that he can absorb and corrupt Azeroth's worldsoul. Neither group can survive alone, but altogether they have a chance, and the whole time everyone would know that as soon as the Legion is done, N'Zoth will totally turn on everybody, but until the Legion is stopped everyone knows they need him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If garrosh were alive and warchief, all our characters and lore figures would have died on the broken shore. While sylvanas got the horde to safety, garrosh would have been trying to push a bolder off a cliff to crush the alliance while the horde hot slaughtered by the legion. And plus he didn't have backup plans or supernatural undead angels at his command.
    that's rich. we wouldnt have even made it to the broken shore.

if garrosh hadnt died or been imprisoned, he'd be so corrupted by the old gods that he would've killed all of the faction leaders by now. azeroth would be a battlefield for the legion and the old gods' forces
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

I think the story would have so much more interesting with Garrosh still around. Varian and Garrosh finding common ground with the Legion invasion, watching them two force themselves to be allies on the Broken Shore would have been a site to see, with Garrosh have attempted to kill Anduin and all. Considering Genn was forced to ally with Sylvanas who killed his son its not out of the question. It would have been so much better to watch the Alliance try to get along with him and vice versa then this stupid alliance they have now in lore yet there are still all these conflicts, on top of the fact that it makes little sense the Alliance could not overpower the Horde in any conflict at this point. The Horde races depended on the orcs as they had power, now the orcs are gone pretty much yet the Darkspear is magically this force to be reckoned with? Its just dumb the Forsaken story is the only one not butchered yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The portal at broken shore would be closed, gul'dan would be dead, the legion would need another 100 years to try again.

There would be one faction, thus there would be nothing to distract the horde forces from the main threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh being around would mean the siege of Orgrimmar failed, so the Alliance would have taken a big hit (assuming any of their leaders at the siege survived at all) and the Horde as we know it would be gone, the Darkspear tribe would be wiped out and nearly was during the siege anyway, and the Tauren following shortly after. The Blood Elves and Forsaken, regardless of whether or not Lor'themar and Sylvanas escaped the siege, would either be trying to frantically join the Alliance (with Jaina stonewalling that attempt at every turn) or on the brink of destruction.

Next, Garrosh's vision of the future that you see during Mythic would come to pass. Stormwind would fall in a retaliated siege consisting of Garrosh's sha-empowered army and the Mantid. I assume it would only be a matter of time before the other Old God minions emerge to support Y'sharaaj's exciting new bid for power using Garrosh as its puppet. Who would have thought the defeated and completely dismembered Old God would out-do the others who have tried and failed while being intact?

N'zoth would probably come out of hiding and assist Garrosh. By the time the Legion arrives, assuming they do at all because Gul'dan wouldn't exist because Garrosh would never have gone to Draenor, Azeroth would be a giant infested tumor, returned to its primordial state as an Old God ruled planet. This of course would mean the end of the titan Azeroth, and it would not be long after before the planet becomes the key to the Void seeping into our universe, and wholly crushing the Legion, being the last thing standing against the Void, and everything else.

7+ Year Old Account
    He would of leap in and started to fight all of them only to literately die instantly.

Varian and Garrosh would compete over getting the most demon kills. That is how good the Horde would be if Garrosh was Warchief, instead an undead high elf. Seeing that final scene where everyone shouts "For the Horde!" and when that undead bobs his head shows you the true extent to which the Horde got altered.

Blizzard has desecrated the Horde by making it a freak faction comprised of the undead, blood elves and the pandas.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-08-20 at 03:06 AM.