Thread: [TV] Mr. Robot

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ray may be the warden or a crime boss with huge influence in the prison.

Just did my rewatch.

1. Wow that girl Tyrell choked out was actually that high up in Evil Corp that Price said she was his partner?

2. I forgot to mention Joanna taking her baby for some fresh air and I really thought that random lady was gonna wanna see the baby because it's a baby, but holy shit she threw paint at Joanna. OD.

3. Minor details about Tyrell saying they were gods after the hack.

4. Joanna's boyfriend seems nice but wtf she's divorcing Tyrell for him? What's gonna happen if/when Tyrell comes back. I mean yeah he fucked around too but that was too move up in the company.

5. I wonder what the hierarchy of Evil Corp is. Angela took a risk management "Manager" position but she's not at director meetings? I thought it was the spot of the big wig who sat in at the meeting to kill her mom who Price gave her evidence to destroy.

6. Why is Angela dying to get access to file servers? I guess to see history to really make changes.

7. Daily meetings with daily shrimp cocktails. God working for a big company seems awesome7

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wow episode was banging. Didn't rewatch it but comments:

--

Elliot:

Elliot really embraced Mr. Robot. That's good. For him to be in prison...I wonder why he's there. It can't be because they knew about him from the attack or I feel like everyone else would have gotten taken down. And it can't be for shooting Tyrell because Tyrell is still wanted, meaning no one knows he's dead.

Btw if you didn't get it, Mr. Robot took control of the body a bunch of times to take the attacks for Elliot so he wouldn't feel the pain. That's...I wish I had multiple personalities to help me out with shit.

It being a prison made sense. The best part was the black guy being a fucking ninja and being from the Dark Army. The Dark Army sent a guy to keep tabs on him incognito, wow.

--

Angela:

Angela was doing her thing. I thought she was going to rise to the tech top but risk management, I like where she's headed. She's being rough and tough. I like the way she neglected the guy's birthday. I didn't want her to go and she had the power to say no.

--

Ray:

I guess Ray was a prison chief or something, someone who had access to a computer and who had the power to make Elliot go to solitary confinement and some shitty doctor's office that were under his control with no one batting an eye.

I don't get Ray's ending though. He just found out the stuff he sold on his website and he got sad about it so he let Elliot turn him in?

--

Merchandise:

Okay okay seriously. Which one of you is gonna buy the book and take pics and share with the rest of us?

http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot/book

Elliot's symbolic notebook that he burned this episode. (How the fuck does someone in prison get access to matches?

--

Triggered:

Yo those white guys said the N word. And not the good one, they said nigger. What the fuck how can they say that on TV?! USA didn't block it. I'm offended.

----

FBI Lady:

OH YEAH redhead bitch actually looked up Angela and noticed her on the floor and questioned her about that. I did NOT think that's what she was there for.
    I think he's in jail for hacking the guy who dated his shrink.

Also yeah, they actually said the N word, that shocked me.

I think Ray must have been staff, seeing as he seems to have sent Eliot to solitary.

My main question: what landed Eliot in jail? How long has he been there? It seems obvious to me Gideon was visiting him in jail, and talking about how Eliot had to own up to the 5/9 attacks, so it seems no one knows he was a part of that. I have to think it's for Tyrell's murder - except for a few key points: 1) people are still looking for Tyrell, so how could they hold Eliot for his murder if he's even dead, 2) He called his wife earlier in the season, 3) she clearly thinks he's alive if she's filing for divorce from him, and 4) Eliot called Tyrell earlier in the season.

Here's a crazy theory that some of us threw around last season: Maybe he is Tyrell. Maybe in that scene at the end of s1 where he meets up with Tyrell's wife, it's actually his wife, and he's about to be arrested. Maybe he's in jail because of the murder of that one E Corp guy's wife. Maybe he's just in jail because they (rightly) think Tyrell is involved in 5/9. One thing which confused me last season was that Tyrell didn't seem overly upset when he found out about the hack, and in fact seemed to praise it when they were at Fun Society. Maybe that's why Tyrell's wife seems so despondent. Maybe that's why she could so easily move on: if he was dead, she might be grieving, if he was missing, she might still be concerned with him.

IDK, there's some potential holes to fill in there too, like how he gets gifts to her.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think Ray must have been staff, seeing as he seems to have sent Eliot to solitary.

My main question: what landed Eliot in jail? How long has he been there? It seems obvious to me Gideon was visiting him in jail, and talking about how Eliot had to own up to the 5/9 attacks, so it seems no one knows he was a part of that. I have to think it's for Tyrell's murder - except for a few key points: 1) people are still looking for Tyrell, so how could they hold Eliot for his murder if he's even dead, 2) He called his wife earlier in the season, 3) she clearly thinks he's alive if she's filing for divorce from him, and 4) Eliot called Tyrell earlier in the season.

Here's a crazy theory that some of us threw around last season: Maybe he is Tyrell. Maybe in that scene at the end of s1 where he meets up with Tyrell's wife, it's actually his wife, and he's about to be arrested. Maybe he's in jail because of the murder of that one E Corp guy's wife. Maybe he's just in jail because they (rightly) think Tyrell is involved in 5/9. One thing which confused me last season was that Tyrell didn't seem overly upset when he found out about the hack, and in fact seemed to praise it when they were at Fun Society. Maybe that's why Tyrell's wife seems so despondent. Maybe that's why she could so easily move on: if he was dead, she might be grieving, if he was missing, she might still be concerned with him.

IDK, there's some potential holes to fill in there too, like how he gets gifts to her.
    I'm betting he's in jail for breaking Fernando out of jail in season 1.

I'm betting he's in jail for hacking Krista and her ex boyfriend (he also stole his dog).

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wow episode was banging. Didn't rewatch it but comments:

Triggered:

Yo those white guys said the N word. And not the good one, they said nigger. What the fuck how can they say that on TV?! USA didn't block it. I'm offended.

----
    Its okay because he got brutally murdered just a few moments later.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    I'm betting he's in jail for hacking Krista and her ex boyfriend (he also stole his dog).
    You would think Krista would be more hostile to him and/or not visiting him in jail, if that was the case. And how does that guy find out his dog has been stolen? Krista isn't talking to him any more. Not to mention, Darlene said she had the dog earlier in the season....whether she was visiting the jail in reality, or was just a pretend visit for Eliot, idk. I don't think either of those crimes would land him in the kind of facility he's in now.

Now that I think about it, though, Ray knows about his hacking, somehow. It would make sense if he's incarcerated for hacking something. The Fernando breakout might be a good idea, but I still think he's Tyrell and has been jailed for the 5/9 attacks (which is a serious enough hack to put him in max sec with the really bad guys).

Deleted
    You would think Krista would be more hostile to him and/or not visiting him in jail, if that was the case. And how does that guy find out his dog has been stolen? Krista isn't talking to him any more. Not to mention, Darlene said she had the dog earlier in the season....whether she was visiting the jail in reality, or was just a pretend visit for Eliot, idk. I don't think either of those crimes would land him in the kind of facility he's in now.

Now that I think about it, though, Ray knows about his hacking, somehow. It would make sense if he's incarcerated for hacking something. The Fernando breakout might be a good idea, but I still think he's Tyrell and has been jailed for the 5/9 attacks (which is a serious enough hack to put him in max sec with the really bad guys).
    But then why would he be getting let out?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    But then why would he be getting let out?
    Agreed, and so soon as well, its only been a few months from what I can tell, so he's in jail for a misdemeanor offense, unless they're ignoring that aspect for the sake of story telling.

Well, I'm guessing neither he nor Krista was expecting that letter, suggesting he should be in for much longer. Off the top of my head, I can imagine he's incarcerated pre-trial, and now is being let go because the evidence they had was gone. Maybe Gideon was a witness against him, and the guy who killed him wasn't just some random crazy, but another White Rose minion trying to help Eliot out. Maybe that's why the black hacker dude got one in the back of the head as well, because he turned state witness. Those are the "unexplained" things so far this season, and they fit neatly in to 1) why Eliot would be in a serious max-sec facility with Aryan Nation dudes, and 2) why those particular dudes were killed.

Also, keep in mind, just last night Darlene hacked the FBI to find out if there was surveillance on any of them - but there wasn't. Instead she found something that's "happening tomorrow" (possibly Eliot's release?) It's a bit jumbled in my head, I'm still trying to figure out what f society is trying to figure out from the FBI, but yeah. Why would the black hacker dude have lists of FBI agents, and the one thing in common on all the lists were the agents who worked in the Cyber division?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, keep in mind, the one scene we got with the black hacker guy alive this season was him freaking out about how he didn't want to go back to jail. It doesn't stretch belief that he felt some pressure, and was considering flipping before anyone else did so he could avoid jail, so he was researching which FBI agents he could become an informant for.

I like this theory the more and more I think about it.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2016-08-19 at 02:10 PM.

Snip
    Gideon was also a cop in the sitcom spoof which may have been a clue he was helping the law.

I agree with most of your points, mostly about the black hacker however Gideon's killer dialogue was pretty specific about him being set up by Evil Corp and that they would just get away with their crimes again by blaming it on Gideon and his company and then Gideon confirms he feels he might being used and theres more at play. Dark army so far havent said shit to their victims and just shoot to kill.

Gideon's killer, if he's a Dark Army person, obviously knows where the fault is. Though I do agree a public execution isn't very DA. And Eliot's friend obviously works for the Dark Army and has been keeping friendly tabs on him for months in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    I think he's in jail for hacking the guy who dated his shrink.
    Oh wow I didn't even think of that until you posted it. Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    I'm betting he's in jail for breaking Fernando out of jail in season 1.
    Ehhhh. I thought at the beginning of the episode there would have been a huge deal of him explaining his relationship with...uhhh...drug dealer girl or how he knew her and other stuff. Especially since he was standing right at the gate breach during the prison break.

If a month passed by and nothing happened, I doubt anything would happen now.

I still think he's Tyrell and has been jailed for the 5/9 attacks.
    Ehhhhh. Joanna told the parking attendant her husband would be back. And the FBI still want Tyrell. Elliot called him the most wanted man in the world.

[Darlene] found something that's "happening tomorrow" (possibly Eliot's release?)
    A tiny part of me thought she was mentioning that the DC team sent the A team a message about throwing the bull testicles through the window at the congress meeting.

Gideon's killer, if he's a Dark Army person, obviously knows where the fault is. Though I do agree a public execution isn't very DA. And Eliot's friend obviously works for the Dark Army and has been keeping friendly tabs on him for months in jail.
    Ehhhh Dark Army style is shooting up a hotel with FBI agents.

But I don't think that guy who killed Gideon was a Dark Army guy. I think he was just some guy who was affected by the 5/9 hack and blamed All Safe, the cyber security firm, for letting something ridiculous happen to Evil Corp.

Whatever the details surrounding Elliot's release, the Dark Army is aware of it. His black friend who kills his attackers at the end directly tells him about the letter coming the day before it arrives. It's possible they may even have a hand in his release, though that'd be quite the favor for Elliot from such an organization.

Since fsociety's plan was to erase evidence at the FBI and it worked, that potentially backs up the theory that whatever they had on Elliot is now gone.

Really, can next week come already?

F Society's plan was just to clone their phones, etc just to see what they potentially had, right?

In fact, they specifically couldn't go after the computers at the FBI, so they had to rely on EMails going to phones, suggesting they didn't have the capacity to hack anything in the FBI building itself. She could only delete the security footage because it was at E Corp.

I specifically remember the plan involving deleting any evidence. But to be fair, we don't really see anything else from them after that besides the "drop-in" at the Capitol building. Hard to know what they accomplished past the security footage at E Corp.

F Society's plan was just to clone their phones, etc just to see what they potentially had, right?

In fact, they specifically couldn't go after the computers at the FBI, so they had to rely on EMails going to phones, suggesting they didn't have the capacity to hack anything in the FBI building itself. She could only delete the security footage because it was at E Corp.
    It was most defiantly a move to wipe the evidence. Angela got spooked when her ex had been talking to the FBI and was recording their conversation together. So she decided the risk was worth it because they probably already had some shit on her about her helping the ecorp hax.

And it was the Ecorp building but the feds had a level in the building. Presumably a make shift one to help their investigations finding the hackers

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty good how all the fan theories about Elliot in jail proved to be correct.

"Where do you think you are?"

/jawdrop
    Hi

Episode 7 made it super obvious as well but I still didnt quite click till the reveal. Like that gang walking up to Elliot at the basketball courts....come on that was such a give away they looked like the backstreet boys or something. Also only males in the cafeteria where he talked about Seinfeld with his black friend. His mother being back like wtf I didnt even think about that